shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally-ERD ring reveal, but are the prongs off-PLS HELP

malish985

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to say that although things didn't come out perfect yet I think ERD is trying to fix everything and have a happy customer in the end.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone just received a ring made just like yours. It is the friend of a PS member so they may not even notice. The PS member is not going to mention it unless the girl mentions concern about it. Most people wouldn't know the difference but we see so many halo rings here that we have developed preferences for details.

Good luck on getting it made the way you like!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was another ring (maybe two?) several weeks ago where this happened. I'm too busy to search for the thread but I'm sure the OP can if she wants to read it. I don't recall the resolution.

malish985

Shiny_Rock
Just a quick question - ERD said that since they understand what the issue is they will be using the original CAD and I don't need another one. Since this is attempt #3, do you think I can request a CAD to make sure there are no issues this time around?

Thanks

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know. It's not like having a CAD that shows the proper design has resulted in the correct final product the last two times.

I would ask -- is the second CAD based on the smaller point sized melee?
If answer is yes, then okay.

Why do they do CADs if they don't follow them? :confused: Inquiring minds.

TracyBear

Shiny_Rock
Did Mark ever fix your prongs for you? I'm asking because I just received a photo of my custom ring today and the same thing happened to me where the prongs are off. I noticed that Mark is good with his cushion halos, but there seems to be issues with the round ones. Personally, I am beyond pissed, I'm LIVID because I too have waited in anticipation for my ring. The photo was sent today, the ring will be shipped tomorrow, and it'll arrive Saturday for the proposal. Now this can't happen. I don't even want Mark to ship the ring to me, because I'll have to waste money shipping it back to him. I'm so upset. This is setting my engagement back by 3 months, I can't be engaged until June because that's the next available time that my man will be in town. Mark has been so patient and we've sent about 84 emails back and forth with detail photo depicting what we wanted. I can't believe that this happened. I hope Mark was able to give you the ring that you wanted. If he couldn't fulfill your order, then I'll just ask for my money back because my ring is very similar to your CAD image. Let me know. Thanks. I wish pricescope had private IMs.

Here's a macro-image of my ring and it's prong so members can have a clearer understanding of the prong issue. It's minor but it's annoying because we chose Mark over a lower priced local jeweler when it came to having our ring custom made because we expected quality. Notice how the prong is not in between the melees, but takes half the space of one of them. This is just sloppy craftsmanship, it's not well thought out.

wrong_prongs.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
TB-

I won't comment further on what you have been communciating with Mark about. I will just say let him ship the ring so you can have your engagment :appl: Then when your man leaves out of town ship the ring back and have Mark fix it. I'm sure he would probably foot the bill for shipping as this seems to be his mistake.

I would call him- not email.
Goodluck.

And out of curiousity was this is hand forged bench or cast? I do think you need to make some allowances as all the examples you posted were hand forged. Though I will say I have seen a CAST model of this ring by ERD so I know he is capable of doing it correctly.

TracyBear

Shiny_Rock
Mark and I are in the process of moving things forward. What has happened had happened and he's taking measures to correct it. He's sincere about the shop's mistake and I trust him enough to make both our Ering and wedding band. I hope the new ring will redeem itself. Will post pictures whenever it's completed. :)) He's made beautiful rings in this style before, but they've mostly been for cushions so I offered to have my diamond set into a cushion halo instead because that's his specialty, but he would like to give the round halo another try. We'll see how it goes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results