shape
carat
color
clarity

Final questions about my dream bracelet. Need color help.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it's shipped! Should get to PP early this coming week.

Of course I'm now in a panic that it isn't perfect, that I didn't choose the "right" pearls, etc. Apparently working on something for 2 years makes me neurotic :???:

On a side note, the FW pearl pair I got from etsy are decidedly not gold, but mauve (which I was curious about). Pics here. They were super cheap so if a PSer wants them I can send for what I paid ($30). I'll post on the resale forum but in case anyone wants nice luster FW I wanted to let folks here know first.

20240105_104025.jpg 20240105_103949.jpg 20240105_103944.jpg 20240105_103936.jpg

20240105_103924.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_8943.jpeg

Wow. That’s a significant and unexpected colour difference!

Pearls, why do they do this to us!

Laughed out loud at the angsting bit. OMG, can relate :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_8943.jpeg

Right?! Yeah it's crazy how different FWs are in different lights. These pretty much blend into my skin, unfortunately. How did you cope w the angst!? I keep wanting to search for different pearls in case I made bad choices:(

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right?! Yeah it's crazy how different FWs are in different lights. These pretty much blend into my skin, unfortunately. How did you cope w the angst!? I keep wanting to search for different pearls in case I made bad choices:(
I coped poorly, this is 100% a do-as-i-say-not-as-i-did sitch :lol:

Honestly I've found I do best with a project in the works at all times. Big project, small project, whatever... So I just redirect all the angst from one project to another :lol:

You've got great pearls though. And they work WELL together which is so much harder to accomplish than just having a pile o' #GreatPearls. And Pearl Paradise is so quick with drilling and stringing, your pretties will be back home super super soon :love:

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
IMG_8943.jpeg

Wow i'm shocked at that difference!!! Scares me to try and buy FWP online without a return policy.

I'd have expected the mismatching between the two from the picture but definitely would have thought it was gold colored --- Where did that Mauve come from?

If one pearl didn't have so much more pink than the other, just like in the picture, i'd suspect they sent you the wrong pearls!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs it all looks so gorgeous! Can’t wait to see the final result.

(off topic but I love those teeny blue pearls, can I ask where you bought them? I’ve been looking for a bracelet like that for ages but they are nowhere to be seen!).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs it all looks so gorgeous! Can’t wait to see the final result.

(off topic but I love those teeny blue pearls, can I ask where you bought them? I’ve been looking for a bracelet like that for ages but they are nowhere to be seen!).

Cees! From his Instagram. He's awesome

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see try he final bracelet!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to be gorgeous!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welllllp, I've been watching the PP "live" shows (terrible idea, btw haha).

They did an edison live today, which I've been patiently waiting for days to see. On their preview pic there was the most glorious rainbow pearl I've ever seen. I watched today and was ready to claim the instant it came online.

....and then I bought another one because I've never seen anything like it.

How will these fit into the bracelet or extender? No idea. Does my wallet hate me? Yes, it does. Do I regret it? NOPE!

my rainbow:
Screenshot_20240124_140015_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20240124_135931_Facebook.jpg

The craziest neon/highlighter "ring" I've ever seen (pics aren't perfect, but it's this metallic white with an almost neon green "ring"). I died when I saw it:
Screenshot_20240124_143312_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240124_143322_Facebook.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240124_140006_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240124_140006_Facebook.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 9

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that rainbow pearl in their preview - it's the most sea-of-cortez non-sea-of-cortez pearl i've ever seen!! Here's a SoC I've admired for years - long gone, lucky her and lucky you!!

1706150794729.png

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that rainbow pearl in their preview - it's the most sea-of-cortez non-sea-of-cortez pearl i've ever seen!! Here's a SoC I've admired for years - long gone, lucky owners of both of those pearls!

1706150794729.png

Right?! It's insane. Hisano said it was a "once in a looooong time" pearl, which is why I waited for today's live.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is PP gonna send you the pearls to look at before drilling? Or will they hold them since they already have the rest of your pearls? Hisano could advise on where to put them!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is PP gonna send you the pearls to look at before drilling? Or will they hold them since they already have the rest of your pearls? Hisano could advise on where to put them!

The latter. I trust her eye more than mine, so I asked her for thoughts on placement.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be stunning :love:

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@lovedogs so happy you got the pearl you wanted. I saw that rainbow one on their email newsletter and loved it as well. I was tempted but ultimately banned myself from watching the YouTube presentation as I have a special (non-pearl) 40th birthday project in train.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They did an edison live today, which I've been patiently waiting for days to see. On their preview pic there was the most glorious rainbow pearl I've ever seen. I watched today and was ready to claim the instant it came online.

How will these fit into the bracelet or extender? No idea. Does my wallet hate me? Yes, it does. Do I regret it? NOPE!

my rainbow:

The craziest neon/highlighter "ring" I've ever seen (pics aren't perfect, but it's this metallic white with an almost neon green "ring"). I died when I saw it:

Oh you bought that one!!! I wanted it so much but I am on ban island, sigh. I can't wait to see your pics.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hisano is a genius. She took out 2 pearls from the bracelet and it's better/brighter already.

I'm going to go w the small orbit clasp (shown above the big one).

I love PP!

Katherine_bct.jpg

its going to be epic !

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs I am so so happy a PS’er got those pearls! I was watching along too but decided to sit on my hands. Everything was so gorgeous but those two are just amazing!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are so close!!!

Bracelet (2 new pearls from the live show added)
Katherine_bct_3.jpg

Extender (2 circle WSS that were in the bracelet are here now)
Katherine_13.jpg

Hisano is going to Tucson for a few days and is going to look at them again w fresh eyes when she's back. I am beyond grateful for her eye and expertise.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness lovedogs. These new lineups seriously just made me go “holy sh*t look at those amazing pearls”.

You know what though, I’d kind of love to see what it looks like with one of those amazingly bright blue akoya in the bracelet strand - maybe switch out one of the elongated Tahitians?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness lovedogs. These new lineups seriously just made me go “holy sh*t look at those amazing pearls”.

You know what though, I’d kind of love to see what it looks like with one of those amazingly bright blue akoya in the bracelet strand - maybe switch out one of the elongated Tahitians?

Thanks, I didn't think of that! If you mean the super saturated blue (from moline) hisano warned me that the "core" of the pearls somehow are separated from the nacre which makes drilling risky. I'm soooo worried about them cracking, but I know I won't use them if undrilled. But I do like the idea of maybe having 1 bright blue in each piece!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, I didn't think of that! If you mean the super saturated blue (from moline) hisano warned me that the "core" of the pearls somehow are separated from the nacre which makes drilling risky. I'm soooo worried about them cracking, but I know I won't use them if undrilled. But I do like the idea of maybe having 1 bright blue in each piece!

Yeahhh air pockets :-/ but if anyone can drill them without problem it’s Pearl Paradise. I would choose them for difficult drill projects. You’re in the best hands!!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock

my rainbow:

That rainbow Edison pearl!! I was too slow to claim that one (and really thought about the highlighter green one), but I'm so glad a PSer got it. All of the pearls they showed that day were amazing :kiss2: My wallet was still recovering from the last Tahitian livestream, but couldn't stop myself from window shopping. Your bracelet will be amazing, I'm so excited for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results