• Traps

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Baguettes

Votes: 38 69.1%

• Total voters

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the thoughts!! My struggle with the initial design is the pave, and getting to be a little too much. I was trying to streamline it with all geometric shapes. But at the same time wanted to add a different spin on my last design which was a three stone with two traps .I should be receiving my CADS if that design too.
Can I try to dial you back by reminding you that, sometimes, less is more?

Let your emerald cut be the star. Give it a beautiful but non-competing setting and call it amazeballs. Do the plain shank. Too much sparkle and it all runs together. And I love sparkle!!! But there’s a line that, once crossed, you change from “Wow, that’s an amazing ring” to “Wow, that’s a lot of diamonds”.

Make sense?

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny I’m starting to agree with that more and more! But I’m still trying to do something different than just trapezoids like my last setting. That’s why I thought tiny bullets with traps might be a little bit different. With a plain shank... I have to agree with @Blingalingaling A single baguette never gives me the look I really love when I see it in person. It photographs well but then when I see it in person it just looks like a Spindly little long band of a diamond. I can’t explain it. I’m really starting to get irritated at myself at how much I’m agonizing over just a couple of side stones, good grief!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling funny we were agonizing over the same thing!! I agree, the single baguettes just doesn’t add enough for me, like I said it for photographs really well but then in person I’m like eh! Maybe double would kick it up. I think I will keep the original “Eva”, just do traps or add small bullets with traps. And be DONE!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny I’m starting to agree with that more and more! But I’m still trying to do something different than just trapezoids like my last setting. That’s why I thought tiny bullets with traps might be a little bit different. With a plain shank... I have to agree with @Blingalingaling A single baguette never gives me the look I really love when I see it in person. It photographs well but then when I see it in person it just looks like a Spindly little long band of a diamond. I can’t explain it. I’m really starting to get irritated at myself at how much I’m agonizing over just a couple of side stones, good grief!
When did you last try on rings in person? I'd suggest you stop staring at photos and go see what sings to your heart in person.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny I get my cad today which will help with size reference of my new diamond. I do not have the diamond in hand, it is with DK. Also, there is not a single brick and mortar around me who carries 4ct ECs. So trying on is next to impossible. So it is really kind of looking at pics and videos and seeing what sings to me unfortunately. And I find MANY looks pretty so it’s hard. I guess worst case... if I got the 5 stone and hated the bullets... remove them and just have the traps!!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the five stone and have a pink spinel from LM and a blue spinel from SK set that way. I love the design, the blue is in regular rotation.
0skfsbs021-jpg.397205

0skfsbs025-jpg.397378

427833_10200565050321895_1871263637_n-jpg.363489

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm looking forward to seeing your cads and the two waxes you will be getting soon! I know how hard it is to wait it out!
I think adding the bullets will give you that finger coverage you're looking for; it would just be a more subtle sparkle than if you'd chosen the pave' on the band. It'll be a similar look from the top. The bigger difference, I think, will be when your ring tilts to the side. Do you want to see a pave' shank or a plain, smooth polished shank? You've had a three stone ring before, did your ring tilt?

When you wore your old EC ring, what were your feelings--what were you missing the most that made you want to change it? Was it size? Was it "blinginess"? I know you loved the stone, so we know it wasn't the cut of the stone or the color. Do you think your feelings about style are changing and what is it that's influencing you? Sometimes we just feel like we outgrow a style or get tired of it. And sometimes styles change in fashion, so we want a more "updated look". Or, did you love that "Eva" ring and "want that!!" ?

I'd say the ring you had was classic and timeless, yet you yearned for something else! So, listen to your inner compass and let it guide you!

It's hard to choose one thing and let go of other possibilities! Right now, you're in that place where you can get anything you want! But once you select something, then you've limited yourself to just that one! I get it!!! <3

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling lots of good points and questions! So... the main thing that “bugged” me per-say on my last ring was the EC size. I would have loved to have jumped up to a 4.5 but wanted to stay in the “I” color range and budget didn’t allow. I looked high and low, as you know, at 4cts, none of which measured up to this one in face value while not sacrificing brilliance, etc. So I feel like I got very lucky with this spready sucker. Could it be bigger, yes. I hate saying that as I don’t want to come off as ungrateful but in my original hopes it would have been but that wasn’t in the cards. Eva’s ring I imagine was around 5ct so comparing photos in hopes of having hers is just kind of silly I’m coming to realize. As is looking at Jean Dousset’s amazing tapered baguettes with his 6ct EC rocks. Have to put this all in perspective on what will give my size EC the best look.

So now I’m accepting the size but trying to put a different spin on it... well just because... for a change!! Keeping my traps and cutting them down is really no cost. Pave will add cost, small bullets I don’t imagine will add much more. However, I would then add the delicate baguette band to it which I love. I need to get this CAD on my finger today, hoping the EC looks noticeably bigger. If not, oh well, life goes on!!

Once I see it, I think I will know if I should add the bullets, keep it as is or just go back to good old traps. I’m not sure if my old ring had tilted traps?? This one will for sure have to be tilted because the EC is 1mm wider and then if I add bullets for sure more tilted. I know Leon would nail this, but he is too far, too expensive and I haven’t heard the “easiest” to work with.

Thank you so much for riding this journey with me:) are you going to add a band to yours?? Or just wait and see?

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F09BD665-D9B6-4C5B-AEA7-6FCD412C9F4F.jpeg BD7983DA-292C-4E4E-B093-ACBEC492B74B.jpeg 2672257D-5925-4A8E-BA05-3C06966C857B.jpeg Well... I don’t think much else can fit on my finger, I have the CADS. They are very very hard to tell the difference between the more tapered traps. The first picture more squared and second 2 more tapered. Very slight.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The green plastic prongs are off setting the main stone too... making it look bigger. I may have David just draw up a 5 stone to be sure. I would then think the traps would need to be slightly bigger and more tapered/triangular?

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling lots of good points and questions! So... the main thing that “bugged” me per-say on my last ring was the EC size. I would have loved to have jumped up to a 4.5 but wanted to stay in the “I” color range and budget didn’t allow. I looked high and low, as you know, at 4cts, none of which measured up to this one in face value while not sacrificing brilliance, etc. So I feel like I got very lucky with this spready sucker. Could it be bigger, yes. I hate saying that as I don’t want to come off as ungrateful but in my original hopes it would have been but that wasn’t in the cards. Eva’s ring I imagine was around 5ct so comparing photos in hopes of having hers is just kind of silly I’m coming to realize. As is looking at Jean Dousset’s amazing tapered baguettes with his 6ct EC rocks. Have to put this all in perspective on what will give my size EC the best look.

So now I’m accepting the size but trying to put a different spin on it... well just because... for a change!! Keeping my traps and cutting them down is really no cost. Pave will add cost, small bullets I don’t imagine will add much more. However, I would then add the delicate baguette band to it which I love. I need to get this CAD on my finger today, hoping the EC looks noticeably bigger. If not, oh well, life goes on!!

Once I see it, I think I will know if I should add the bullets, keep it as is or just go back to good old traps. I’m not sure if my old ring had tilted traps?? This one will for sure have to be tilted because the EC is 1mm wider and then if I add bullets for sure more tilted. I know Leon would nail this, but he is too far, too expensive and I haven’t heard the “easiest” to work with.

Thank you so much for riding this journey with me:) are you going to add a band to yours?? Or just wait and see?
Hi! Well...I'm always in favor of going for it! We only live once, so if it's affordable and it makes you happy, I say do it! I've traded in old gold, sold things on EBay and so forth to facilitate projects in the past and to a great extent, that's how I'm funding this new setting.
When I started this project, I sold some old chains and findings plus the gold from an old, "eighties" channel set band to my jeweler and she took out the small round diamonds and straight baguettes from it. I kept the small stones. There are probably enough of them to make a fairly thin eternity band. I won't be able to put anything thick next to my new ring or the stone will hang over my knuckle, so I can wear it alone or put something thin next to it. My jeweler showed me something that is similar to the baguette band you posted in your photos. I might go that route someday, maybe even space them out and put one or two of the small rounds between the baguettes. I haven't decided yet. That's for down the road and I'm trying not think about it yet! One thing at a time!!
Right now, I wear a wedding band on the opposite hand as my pear stone. I switch hands a lot with them because when I'm working, I like to keep the diamond on the hand that is not likely to get bumped around (my left) but on the weekends when I go out, I wear it on my right hand.

Enough about me! Any news on your end yet?? I know you're on the West Coast and I'm on the East, so I'm watching my watch for you! :)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. So, how about Center EC, single baguettes on the shoulder (tapered). Plain shank or millgrained. Asscher WR to pair with it??? :twisted2:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok. So, how about Center EC, single baguettes on the shoulder (tapered). Plain shank or millgrained. Asscher WR to pair with it??? :twisted2:
Is shoulder the middle of the diamond? I love an assher WR as an EC band but out of budget at the moment. What about just the small traps as they are, no pave around the basket or prongs and some sort of band? Do pave around the basket, prongs even get noticed???

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is shoulder the middle of the diamond? I love an assher WR as an EC band but out of budget at the moment. What about just the small traps as they are, no pave around the basket or prongs and some sort of band? Do pave around the basket, prongs even get noticed???

Shoulders: one on each side of the center stone.
Pave around the basket & prongs will be noticed, depending on placement, and execution of the rest of the ring.
If an Asscher Band is out of budget, a thin band with bead set rounds will look beautiful with your ring, until you can add the Asschers. They add a bit more bling than baguettes, in a band. ;)2

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, so can you explain to me the difference between the two models? Maybe it's my monitor but I don't think I'm seeing the subtleties of the two. Is the top one more tapered and the bottom less so? Do either of them have the 5-stone traps/bullet combo?

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
488B0E29-7278-4ADF-9F7F-9FAE03B60F37.jpeg DCB294FC-4157-4A83-86D3-3F881CE167A7.jpeg 402BBF2F-4888-4860-9641-DD18D5C8E935.jpeg @Blingalingaling It’s so so so hard to tell! One is 4.5 x 3.5 and the other is 5 x 3. I will post some pictures but I doubt you can see. I have decided to stick with the Eva design, I’m just too leary of going with the five Stone. I have seen some online that I really like and then some I don’t, it seems Leon always gets it right, and it’s not a risk I want to take. So, back to my original plan! Plus I think it will really highlight the emerald cut. AND my Husband does not like the 5 stone, so trying to keep the peaceI:). I am leaning towards traps at 5 by 3. Those are the first two pictures, the third picture is the more square 4.5 x 3.5. I’m at the point of wanting to be done!!

Oh and I never got a 5 stone mold.

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Emeraldsaremyfavorite, I think you're making the right decision, both with the size and proportion of the traps and with the "Eva" ring! I didn't want to push too hard in favor of it because I think you needed to feel yourself out, but I think since you really, really love that ring, That's what will make you the happiest! :)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
...And it's going to be absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to see it finished and on your graceful hand!!! :)

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Emeraldsaremyfavorite, I think you're making the right decision, both with the size and proportion of the traps and with the "Eva" ring! I didn't want to push too hard in favor of it because I think you needed to feel yourself out, but I think since you really, really love that ring, That's what will make you the happiest! :)
Thank you! And I think our traps are about the same proportion’s considering my length is about 10.5?

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think you are making great decision, your ring is going to be fantastic!:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results