shape
carat
color
clarity

FIL in intensive care, need prayers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally,
My Grandfather went through something similar. I thought I would share it with you. He was 88 and had bladder cancer. He was a little man, but full of fight. He wanted the surgery, same as your FIL. His thinking was, please let me die fighting and do something about it than die doing nothing. I went with him to all his appointments before this, so knew the doc well. I told my grandfather ( Nanny''s Husband) that I was behind him in what ever choice he made. In reality, an 88 year old having bladder cancer, having his bladder removed was crazy. But I had to go along with it because that is what he wanted. He died fighting and with dignity. It killed me, had to pick up all the pieces for Nanny. If you ask me would I have done it differently, nope. He wanted it, beleived he could survivie it. I would have had Hopsice sooner.. I made sure Nanny had it as soon as she needed it. But I was so new to all of this with my grandfather... The hopsital dragged their feet. You are a Doc, so can speak up, and do your thing.

I am praying for him, for you and for your entire family. HUGE HUGS.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hugs Ally!!!!

I will be thinking of all of you!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hang in there, Ally and Hockey Guy. It''s hard to go through something like this, but your FFIL is making the choice that he feels is best for him and you just have to focus on that part.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

Ok. They are transfusing platelets tonight, and tomorrow morning, even at 50 000, they are going to proceed with the surgery. I went home tonight, without really saying goodbye. I am going to come in early tomorrow morning to see him. I am so scared. I can hardly breath. My fiance is so scared he is beside of him. I am almost in a state of panic. Please, please think of him tomorrow, if this surgery is a success, it can bring him quality of life, if it is not, he can pass away.

Thank you all for your loving support.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alley, oh I will be praying super hard for him, you and your family, huge hugs.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry you''re going through all this. My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Praying as hard as I can Ally.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My strongest and most positive thoughts are coming your FIL''s way, Ally!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
Hang in there, still sending thoughts and prayers your way for all of you

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m very sorry to hear this ally, I hope the surgery went well. My thoughts and prayers are with you and M.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
It was such a long, emotional day. Let me tell you, there are things in the Canadian health care system that would never happen in the US. But what is important is that he made it through. Actually, that is an understatement. It went AMAZING. He didn''t even bleed at all. The thoracic surgeon was very happy with the procedure, and now we just have to see how the recovery goes. But I am so relieved. Of course there is still the possibility of infection etc., but one bridge at the time.

Who says this board isn''t good luck???

Thanks everyone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is such a relief to hear! I was thinking about you and I''m glad you posted. I''m wishing for a speedy recovery as well!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
It''s great to hear that the surgery went well. I am still keeping your FIL in my prayers for a great recovery.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great to hear, Ally!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
That is great news :)

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Ally sending quick healing and no infection dust!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is he today?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s amazing news Ally!! Send him our wishes!! Hope that he''s doing ok today!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news about the surgery Ally! I really hope the healing process goes smoothly!!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
That is such great news Ally!! I will continue to pray that he heals and continues to do well. :)

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
thank goodness the surgery went well allycat. ive only just come across this thread but im glad pscope dust helped, im sending all my dust and prayers your way that he recovers well and that this improves his quality of life... hugs again to you and your fam

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei:

Thanks for asking. The first day post-op was AWFUL. My fiance that he would pass away during the night. He was incredibly weak, naseous, and unable to say anything coherent. That night he recieved 4 bags of blood (not because of bleeding associated with surgery but because of the leukemia treatement). The day after, was MUCH better, he''s got some strength. And today he is stable. There seems to be ascite, and some residual blood in the lungs which the microbiologist/hem-onc/thoracic surgeon believes is infected. He''s on antibiotics, and the heme-onc says, all we can do is be patient, hope that he gets through the infection. Right now, it''s one day at the time. I think we''ll have a better idea of his help by Monday. But right now, he''s stable. And that''s probably the best news we could have.

Hugs! (PS. My fiance likes your avatar a lot. He loves the fact that the cats tongue is rainbow colored).

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers continue

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2009 11:43:41 AM
Author: allycat0303
Lorelei:

Thanks for asking. The first day post-op was AWFUL. My fiance that he would pass away during the night. He was incredibly weak, naseous, and unable to say anything coherent. That night he recieved 4 bags of blood (not because of bleeding associated with surgery but because of the leukemia treatement). The day after, was MUCH better, he''s got some strength. And today he is stable. There seems to be ascite, and some residual blood in the lungs which the microbiologist/hem-onc/thoracic surgeon believes is infected. He''s on antibiotics, and the heme-onc says, all we can do is be patient, hope that he gets through the infection. Right now, it''s one day at the time. I think we''ll have a better idea of his help by Monday. But right now, he''s stable. And that''s probably the best news we could have.

Hugs! (PS. My fiance likes your avatar a lot. He loves the fact that the cats tongue is rainbow colored).
Ally, thanks for the update - thats great that he is stable and my thoughts and prayers continue to go your FIl''s way. Hugs right back at you - how are you feeling yourself now?

Hehehe! Thats a cute avatar isn''t it??? I couldn''t resist it!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the update!
Thinking of you. Prayers outgoing!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Still thinking of you and praying for you and your FFIL and family. Hang in there sweetheart.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update Ally. Sending more prayers his way. I think of you often, and hope you are doing well too.
12.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prayers and hugs continues.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results