shape
carat
color
clarity

FIL in intensive care, need prayers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continuing to think of all of you.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Just thinking of you. How is he doing today? How are you doing today? Hope all is well. :)

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Sending thoughts and prayers to you and yours.
emrose.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sending thoughts and prayers, Ally.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are things Ally?

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to say hello and let you know I am praying for you all. Take care. :)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking about you guys Ally.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of all of you.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just feel like we are going nowhere. Yesturday they did a punction for the ascite in the stomach, and pulled out 1.5 Liters of fluid (there is still about 4L in there) but everything TAKES FOREVER to get done. I mean it''s not that I''m saying doctors are incompetent (because this is my hospital) but the shortage of doctors means we wait DAYS for something that should be done quickly. And meanwhile he suffers away.

Once they took the 1.5 L out, he was able to breath abit, because the tummy is so swollen it is pushing on this diaphgram. However, there are pockets of fluid, so they have to puncture at another site. Unfortunately, for the first drain we waited 6 DAYS, for the gastro to come and do it. So who knows when the gastro will have time to come by again to do another puncture.

Our main concern at this moment is he hasn''t eaten anything in about 2 weeks, and they have refused parenteral nutrition, so he gets weaker everyday.

It''s very scary right now. I think we are at 50/50 chance he is going to get out of it.

So right now, just praying the gastro come back soon. The ascite makes breathing really hard, and also eating impossible.

Thanks for the continued prayers.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers continue Ally, thanks for the update.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
still thinking of you and your family ally

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear he is suffering.
7.gif
I hope things start getting done faster.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I think when I write on PS, things start to happen.
36.gif
36.gif

This afternoon, he got an additional drainage in radiology (another 2L) AND, he is schedualed for another drainage under imaging tomorrow. Ok. No one ask why they didn''t do all of it today, BUT, at least he got that one done.

My fiance text messaged me that his brother called him and said that FIL was standing up on his own! First time since he was hospitalized! AND he was able to breath without additional oxygen. So things are FINALLY looking up. It''s kind of a travesty though. The drainage under imaging was asked for on Friday the 6th of Februrary. Can you imagine having a patient in intensive care, not being able to breath because of ascite pushing on the diaphgram and having to wait 5 days for it to be done?? Insanity. That''s why the gastro finally did it last night, because he didn''t know how long it would be.

Imagine, in 24 hours, they have drained 4L from his stomach. Can you imagine how much better he feels??

This would only happen with the Quebec healthcare system.

Thank you, thank you for all of the positive thoughts. This forum/dust, is wonderful..
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 3:09:56 PM
Author: allycat0303
I think when I write on PS, things start to happen.
36.gif
36.gif

This afternoon, he got an additional drainage in radiology (another 2L) AND, he is schedualed for another drainage under imaging tomorrow. Ok. No one ask why they didn''t do all of it today, BUT, at least he got that one done.

My fiance text messaged me that his brother called him and said that FIL was standing up on his own! First time since he was hospitalized! AND he was able to breath without additional oxygen. So things are FINALLY looking up. It''s kind of a travesty though. The drainage under imaging was asked for on Friday the 6th of Februrary. Can you imagine having a patient in intensive care, not being able to breath because of ascite pushing on the diaphgram and having to wait 5 days for it to be done?? Insanity. That''s why the gastro finally did it last night, because he didn''t know how long it would be.

Imagine, in 24 hours, they have drained 4L from his stomach. Can you imagine how much better he feels??

This would only happen with the Quebec healthcare system.

Thank you, thank you for all of the positive thoughts. This forum/dust, is wonderful..
35.gif
Goodness - that poor chap...I can definitely imagine how much better he feels and how wonderful he is standing!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great news, Ally!!! (And a powerful reminder that socialized medicine is not always what it''s cracked up to be.)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally,
So happy to hear this good news. I am so happy for hiim and for all of you!!!
36.gif
35.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ally I am sorry he''s been waiting so long for relief.
7.gif
But I am glad he is doing well!!
1.gif
Sending dust and prayers..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope he is continuing to do well!!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so pleased to hear that he is feeling better! I can only imagine how much easier it is to breathe with 4L of fluid off his belly! As a nurse in the US, I can see how you''re frustrated with the amount of time things are taking. I hope he continues to improve and feel better! Your family is in my prayers.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Keep posting then, if it makes things happen! We''re all thinking about you anyway and would love the updates! So glad they finally got him feeling a little better, that''s great news!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you and your family, Miss Ally. I''m so glad you''re doing better and sending vibes to your FIL. xoxo

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers and dust continued.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear this latest good news - continuing to send prayers and dust, I hope the additional imaging puncture goes well and really turns it around.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope he continues to feel better. . . I''m sorry for the ordeal he has had to go through. No one should have to wait that long for relief.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
You guys might want to check out her newest thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results