shape
carat
color
clarity

''fess up... who secretly loves a good SNOW

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snapped a couple for those of you missing the white stuff. I have no idea how much we''ve really gotten, the wind is fierce, and the snow is drifting.

This is the house across the street, it was too brutal to go out and shoot my own.
9.gif

newsnow01.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Firegoddess, I love your avatar...I just adore Addison!!!

Island Dreams, yeah that would suck to have your snow-scenario...I often wonder about folks with "essential jobs" that cannot take a day off, cops, firefighters, doctors, nurses, paramedics mail deliveryfolk, news paper & media employees Fed Ex, UPS, those brave souls at the grocery stores...

They make the rest of us look like wimps. But we have to remember, they always say when the weather gets bad, clear the roads and stay home so the cops/docs/nurses/paramedics aren''t busy with tragic accidents, keeping the media busy reporting on it. Tis best to stay home if you can & I feel for those of you who HAVE to go into work & I''m grateful to you too....

Jeannine

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought this was neat.

newsnow2.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool drift pic.

newsnow3.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Divergrrl...I love her too! Ellen, I just want to make a big huge snow angel in that snow drift!!!
36.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh fun pix!! We are getting some snow here, but apparently we''re right on the border between snow and rain...
38.gif

But in the meantime, here is a pretty snow pic of the square outside my apartment building, from last winter... this is why I love the snow!!
1.gif

EphSnow1.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty one ephemery!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Well, in a few hours, I may have my own pics to add to this thread. I love a good nor''easter as much as the next person. (as long as kids no school and mommy no workie workie
9.gif
) However, my DH is in Ok. City right now for training (been there since last Tuesday and won''t be home til Fri.) I am a little nervous going through my first big storm in RI without him here. He''s just as worried for me and the kids (bless his heart). Oh, well. I''m hopeful that we get less of the sleet and freezing rain they are predicting in conjunction with this one. They''re saying just a tiny toggle either way will spell the dif. between 10 inches of snow and 3 inches of snow. Either way, they are predicting sleet and freezing rain.
20.gif

shay

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 7:35:02 PM
Author: Shay37
Well, in a few hours, I may have my own pics to add to this thread. I love a good nor''easter as much as the next person. (as long as kids no school and mommy no workie workie
9.gif
) However, my DH is in Ok. City right now for training (been there since last Tuesday and won''t be home til Fri.) I am a little nervous going through my first big storm in RI without him here. He''s just as worried for me and the kids (bless his heart). Oh, well. I''m hopeful that we get less of the sleet and freezing rain they are predicting in conjunction with this one. They''re saying just a tiny toggle either way will spell the dif. between 10 inches of snow and 3 inches of snow. Either way, they are predicting sleet and freezing rain.
20.gif

shay
Aw, I hope you just get snow. I have a new found loathing for the icy stuff. I took a pic of this tree in my neighbors yard today, there is a huge branch down below that''s broken and resting on their roof. After 2 ice storms, this is what you see peppered everywhere you look in this town. It''s pitiful...

newsnow06.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a blizzard here! DH and I tried snowblowing and shoveling, but an hour later the sidewalks and steps were covered again! Here is Daisy staying in the more shallow part of the snow pool (on the deck)...

snowdaisy.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Playing in the snow...it''s actually hard to get a clear picture because the flash kept catching the blowing snowflakes!

snowpuppies.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I love snow when I can stay in and admire it from my warm house while drinking hot chocolate, maybe making some excursions out to go sledding or something. Dylan thinks it''s the best thing ever.

Rumor has it that some crazy law student sued the University of Michigan back in the day for cancelling classes due to snow and not refunding him his tuition for that one day, and that they''ve never had a snow day since.
40.gif
So I have to be on campus early tomorrow morning, regardless of how much snow accumulates tonight. (There''s already a bit out.) Boooooo. This aspect of it, combined with the fact that I walk/bike 2 miles to campus, is what I do not like.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are outside of Philly and my kids have been obsessively checking for closures! There is no school so they are happy! This is our first snow day of the year...so they are thrilled!

1895femme

Rough_Rock
I live outside of Philly, too! We''re in West Chester. I can''t wait for the snow to fall...maybe it''s because I''m from the Poconos. Let it snow!!!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
In Philly too... but in Center Ciy!

I think the snow is pretty, but really only before it gets all mucked up and dirty. I don''t like having to walk through the city in it either on the way to the hospital in nice clothes.

I grew up in Buffalo though, so I think I''ve had my fill
25.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any pictures to add, but the ones you''ve all posted are pretty! I just got called by a coworker and we have a snow day tomorrow!!
36.gif

It''ll definitely be a curl-up-with-a-cup-of-tea-and-watch-a-movie kind of day. I''m hoping my boyfriend can stay home from work too. What a good Valentine''s Day present!
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
1895, we have a home up there, in Tannersville!

There seem to be so many Philly area PS''ers...

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in Ohio and my kids had a snow day today (well, it''s after midnight so I guess it was yesterday) and they''re having one tomorrow. (today?) It has been fiercely blowing all day long. It''s been nice to curl up with a book and a warm kitty(s) on my lap.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was channel flipping last night, and caught a guy on the weather channel warning people somewhere in NY that today, at some point, snow would be coming down at 4-5 inches PER HOUR.
23.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the great pics all, stay safe
35.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Nice pics! I love snow... We're having a little light snow here in Montreal right now, I wonder if it'll get bigger during the day. Apparently we're supposed to get a big one...

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Monarch, your dogs are so cute in the snow!

I will completely confess to LOVING snow!!! Bring it on... the sleet, the ice, the puffy white snow flakes. I LOVE WINTER
11.gif

No sarcasm there... I just like it!
9.gif

Aussie : p

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the Pics Ellen! My photographer extrordinaire!

Okay, we got snow!!!!! Oh no; I was wishing for warm walking weather. It is pretty though.
If SUNDIAL see this, did you get snow in Farmington???
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
We got ICE on top of our snow. They just said 4 inch accumulation with at least 1 inch being ice. This means I''m at home today! Woo hoo!!!

hoping the power lines stay where they are though. I''ve been through some nasty ice storms in Texas and I''d rather not experience that up here!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''d anticipated not being able to come into work today (or not being willing to DRIVE into work today) so I emailed myself things to work on from home yesterday that have to be done today. I replied to my bosses email today saying everyone can use their discretion as to what to do today work wise, and told him I''ll be working from home for at least 1/2 the day, although I think I may just take the full day.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sumbride, wow! I just called work telling them I will be in a 9 because I just called a friend and she said people are sliding around the streets!!!! EEEEEK.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, it''s bad out there! FI went in a little late and found out he actually had a 2 hour delay and could have waited longer! We follow the federal gov''t so we have a 2 hour delay, but I am a once-a-week telecommuter so I''m working from home today. I was actually supposed to go in for a meeting and telecommute tomorrow but the meeting was cancelled. Think I can somehow swing it so I can stay home tomorrow too??? "That was the plan originally!!!" We have a lot of telecommuters so everything is available remotely. It works out well for days like these.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 9:39:06 AM
Author: Skippy123
Love the Pics Ellen! My photographer extrordinaire!

Okay, we got snow!!!!! Oh no; I was wishing for warm walking weather. It is pretty though.
If SUNDIAL see this, did you get snow in Farmington???
9.gif
YAY!!
36.gif
You can walk another day.
9.gif

And thank you mam! Here''s one of the morning after. I love how the sun shines on snow, making it look like a million little diamonds. Try as I might, I just couldn''t capture that part of it enough to do it justice.

newsnow08.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The storm certainly picked up since my post 7 hours ago! I don''t have a camera, I would have taken pics for you. But for those suffering from snow deprivation or withdrawal, I do have pics that were taken at my parents'' place a couple of weeks ago...

Picture026.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture039.jpg

It''s so pretty!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Anchor! Beautiful pics! Is that your parents'' view from their backyard? Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results