shape
carat
color
clarity

fellow brides, introduce yourselves!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dietvanillacoke

Rough_Rock
i'm not sure if there's already something like this... i saw it on the LIW board and thought it was cute. since i missed the LIW board (got engaged before it became a board) i only come here to bride world wide... so i thought maybe we should have a thread of introducing ourselves!! here's a quick survey of what you can write. And of course, you can write as little or as much as you want.

Your Name / Fiance's Name:
What you do:
Where you're both from:
How you met:
How long you've been together:
Engagement date:
Wedding date:
Wedding location:
# of guests:
Wedding colors:
Your Dress:
Your Flowers:
Your BM dresses:
Groom's and GM tuxes:
First Dance Song:
Wedding Cake:
Wedding Favors:

Anything else you want to mention!! Oh and don't forget to include a picture if you'd like!!!

dietvanillacoke

Rough_Rock
I guess I should go first!!

Your Name / Fiance's Name: Tina and Rob

What you do: I work for public television educational programming, he is studying to be a dentist

Where you're both from: I'm from MA, he's from NY, and we both live in MA now.

How you met: his younger brother and I went to school together and told us to look for each other at an acappella concert we did together (we both sang acapella for 3 years at our respective schools)

How long you've been together: 2 years, 4 months

Engagement date: November 26, 2004

Wedding date: October 5, 2005

Wedding location: MA

# of guests: 300 for the ceremony, 150 for each reception (2 separate receptions, one for us "young people" and one for my parents' friends)

Wedding colors: champagne/beige and dark red

Your Dress: bethani by maggie sottero in all white (you can see it at www.maggiesottero.com, i just don't want to post the pic in case FI comes here!!)

Your Flowers: mine will be a cascade of white roses and orchids, BMs will be hand-tied dark red roses.

Your BM dresses: i can't find a picture online, but they are these beautiful satin champagne/beige colored BCBG a-line ballgowns with low backs and trains!
they will also be bustled for the reception. (i got them for $75 each at the outlet!!)

Groom's and GM tuxes: not sure yet... something simple.

First Dance Song: "It had to be you" (slow version), Frank Sinatra

Wedding Cake: square 4 tiered white fondant with chocolate covered strawberries on top and down the sides

Wedding Favors: these are a surprise (: but one part of it will be a custom printed mug (my father owns a business that does promotional products, so we can get them CHEAP!) with one of FI's favorite poems. (he was an english major with concentration in poetry in college! very rare asian guy whose strength is verbal, not math and science.)

Here's one of our engagement photos!! i love our photographer!!!
22576620O-vi.jpg

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Cute idea DVC (btw and totally off subject, but have you tried Diet Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke? yum!)

My fiance and I met while working in the emergency room (he''s a doctor, I''m a nurse practitioner). Were friends for a while, started dating after a year, moved in together six months later, and got engaged 9 mos. later (April 27th).

Hired a wedding planner, started all the initial planning stuff, and came to the realization that both of our mothers are very opinionated. What started out as a Backyard picni

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Your Name / Fiance's Name: JC/JD
1.gif

What do you do: I'm a PhD student in biology - animal behavior. He fixes computers but wants to be a programmer.

Where you're both from: I was born in Seattle and moved all over the US until settling in NE in 8th Grade. He's lived in NE all his life.

How you met: We met sometime during my soph, his junior year of high school. He thinks it was at our friends' lockers after school, I think it was when we were bowling partners at a friend's 16th bday party a week or two after his version.

How long you've been together: It was 7 years on Sept 27, 2004 - dating since 1997.

Engagement date: 2 dates. Engaged Nov 19, 2004, Ring Dec 23, 2004

Wedding date: June 24, 2005!!!!!

Wedding location: NE

# of guests: Less than 150.

Wedding colors: Berry colors - BM dresses are claret (red), our accent colors in FH's vest, flowers, decorations are dark blue, purple, fuschia, and green.

Your Dress: Maggie Sottero Mileta in Diamond white - I LOVE IT!!!
JCbacklengthpic1.jpg

Your Flowers: Reds, blues, purples, fuschia, greenery, and fake berries. Small tight handtied bouquets for BM's, larger handtied bouquet for me. Largest bout. for FH, all bout's and corsages will have assorted colors and fake berries. We told our florist that all we care about is having the right colors and keeping the cost within our budget, so she's choosing which flowers to use. Probably stock, carnations, a few roses...

Your BM dresses: Mackenzie Michaels Style #88122 in claret. 2 piece, A-line skirt, square-neck halter top with boning. Ordered from www.netbride.com
88122.jpg

Groom's and GM tuxes: Haven't completely decided. FH will have a blue vest and a black tie, GM's will have a red vest to match BM's, Dads will have black or grey vest, ushers will have black vest.

First Dance Song: (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons by Nat King Cole.

Wedding Cake: Pound cake, French vanilla frosting, topped with strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. 3 stacked tiers, 6", 8" and 10". No topper, just piled on berries!

Wedding Favors: Personalized jars of blackberry and red raspberry jam. The blackberry says "JC's Blackberry Jam", and the rasp. says "JD's Red...". Guests will send us off from the church to the reception with the cutest bubble wands ever! Like picture, but we tied either a dark blue or berry red ribbon to them.
pro_200513104058.jpg

ETA: I'll attach our engagement photo once I get the CD from the photog - they're wonderful!! I can't wait to share!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Your Name / Fiance''s Name: flopkins/simpotun

What you do: grad student

Where you''re both from: sunny california!

How you met: at a club in san francisco (yes, it can happen!)

Engagement date: october 2004

Wedding date: april 2006

Wedding location: SF

# of guests: 150

Wedding colors: currently babyblue/navy blue/white but might change to pink/white

Your Dress: see the madness here

Your Flowers: im loving the white/blue or white/pink mixes of peonies, roses, hydrangeas... lilies...

Your BM dresses: ??

Groom''s and GM tuxes: ??

First Dance Song: ??

Wedding Cake: something yummy!

Wedding Favors: we are thinking of making a donation to a charity instead of favors.

dietvanillacoke

Rough_Rock
JCJD, we have berries in common!!! we both LOVE strawberries and want to incorporate chocolate covered strawberries anywhere we can. our cake is going to have strawberry jam in it! my FI love sjam so much, sometimes i catch him with his spoon in the jam jar. no joke. haha. like joey on friends.

your maggie is BEAUTIFUL!! (from the back, at least! let''s see the front!) don''t you LOVE The corset back??? that''s the reason i chose maggie!!

can''t wait to see your engagement photos!!

also, add how long you''ve been together! i''m going to add it to mine and the original survey.

dietvanillacoke

Rough_Rock
flopkins, for the record, i love love love the casablanca!! but i can see why you are torn... the paloma is gorgeous also. and you look incredible in both. i guess it''s really down to a decision of whether you want the romantic/old fashioned/soft look, or the contemporary/glamorous/clean look. i am always also torn in this category.. fortunately my dress incorporates both looks.

I LOVE THE CASABLANCA!! sorry.
9.gif

also think about how you want to wear your hair/veil and what dress would look best with that!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! A fellow berry wedding!! I''m not even sure how we settled on that theme anymore - LOL! I''m going to wait till my sister sends me pics from my last fitting to show the front. The pic in the wedding gown thread is blurry and makes my belly look weird.
14.gif

Changes updated as requested!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock

Your Name / Fiance''s Name: lovey/thurston

What you do: textile designer/marketing

Where you''re both from: new york

How you met: at a club in new york lol!

Engagement date: Jan 31, 05

Wedding date: october 2005. OMG Four months away!!

Wedding location: NY

# of guests: 120

Wedding colors: my gown is ivory, the gals are wearing dusty rose, autumn tones in the flowers. Guys in classic black/white

Your Dress: finally decided on a Liancarlo design. I don''t want to post a pic just in case my sneaky FI drops in on my posts
20.gif

Your Flowers: ivory hydrangea with bear grass loops, white snapgragons a few gorgeous seashells wired in- with eucalyptus all around the outside edge of the bouquet. and a sprig of rosemary tied into the bottom of the bouquet..sort of an old time tradition.

Your BM dresses: though we were all set with a Lazaro dress but that didn''t work out so...? don''t know. I am considering sewing them myself. I like to sew, plus I''m a glutton for punishment. I like the J Crew Lyndsey dress but don''t like the colors that it comes in..

Groom''s and GM tuxes: ?? Groom is splurging on a Brooks Brothers tux. Haven''t picked the guys clothes yet.

First Dance Song: ?? ??????? This is hard! We were thinking of a very old song..The very thought of you. But not sure.

Wedding Cake: don''t know this either! yummy, yes! not a fondant fan.

Wedding Favors: thinking about Harney''s Wedding Tea http://store1.yimg.com/I/harneyteas_1785_894970
but again, I''m NOT SURE. lol!! Something useful/functional/beautiful.

I''ve got to order my invites by next week. yikes. now that school is out i can get back on track!

dietvanillacoke

Rough_Rock
lovey, have you heard harry connick jr.''s "only you" album? he does a cover of "the very thought of you" that puts tears in my eyes. we''re actually playing that whole album during our reception. i love it.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
no I haven't heard that cover, but I'm zooming over to amazon now. Thanks!!

and I love your bunny avatar ms flopkins
5.gif

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Your Name / Fiance''s Name: Pia and jesse
What you do: I am a clinical MSW ( social worker) and just got a job as a therapist in a childrens home
Where you''re both from: NY
How you met: I was tagging along on a friends date and so her date also brought a friend..the rest is history
How long you''ve been together: 6 years in October
Engagement date: december 8th, 2004
Wedding date: October 1, 2005
Wedding location: Cold Spring, NY
# of guests: 120 max
Wedding colors: Pink, Cocoa Brown and Champagne
Your Dress: Champagne and Old Rose french lace bustier and satin ball gown by justin alexander
Your Flowers: pink and champagne roses, hygrangea and copper beach leaves, bm''s- pink roses, tiny pink/brown lillies and white mums
Your BM dresses:Cocoa Brown or ''driftwood", Jim Hjelm
Groom''s and GM tuxes: Black tuxes, cocoa vests, groom in black tux w/champagne vest and tie
First Dance Song: Into the Mystic, Van Morrison
Wedding Cake: White chocolate and brown chocolate mousse cake, square shaped, 4 tier in light pink w/brown accents, using parents cake topper circa 1976!
Wedding Favors Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters ( FI is my "cookie monster"...) they are attatched to a card that says "cooking up a lifetime of sweetness"

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Just got our engagement photo CD!!!

engagementcollage0123456789.JPG

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
First.. I must say.. DVC and JCJD- Can you guys GET any CUTER? LOVE those e-pics. We still haven''t gotten ours done.. I keep putting it off.. The problem is I want to get my haircut but am also AFRAID to cut it.. lol.. I''m a freak..

so here''s my answers

Your Name / Fiance''s Name: Melissa and Jeff

What you do: I''m finishing my masters in psych. He''s finishing his B.A. in liberal arts. We''re both sort of job hunting. I also am a server and work at Victorias Secret. :)

Where you''re both from: Buffalo, NY

How you met: We worked together for two summers when we were about 17 and 18.

How long you''ve been together: 3 and a half years

Engagement date: October 20th 2004

Wedding date: May 27th, 2006

Wedding location: Buffalo, NY

# of guests: approx 120.. I hope

Wedding colors: light pink, dark pink and black

Your Dress: Symphony S1197

Your Flowers: I don''t know.. I think i''m going to do pink roses for everything now.. But I still reallly like stargazers and white lilies..

Your BM dresses: Who knows.. but they are gonna be pink with black trim.

Groom''s and GM tuxes: All black. Black vest, black tie.. If I had it my way the GMs would wear black shirts too.. but FI says no. He actually will probably wear a white vest and tie..

First Dance Song: "Dance with You" by Live

Wedding Cake: Another unknown.. I like the ones with the "ribbons" around them.. and I also like writing on cakes.

Wedding Favors: Probably something edible.

Here''s my knot bio.. so you can see pics of everthing I''ve described above. http://www.catgeeknerd.com/biov2.html even though I don''t have it hosted on the knot anymore.. :) It really needs to be broken up into separate pages.. but I haven''t had the time or patience.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

Your Name / Fiance''s Name: ada/anthony

What you do: pt teller too busy planning wedding to find a job in my major.

Where you''re both from: California!

How you met: Online and then at a party

Engagement date: July 2004

Wedding date: November 2005

Wedding location: LA/Bay Area
# of guests: probably a small intimate ceremony in Las Vegas or in our backyard, and 250 for each reception (one in LA, one in Bay Area)

Wedding colors: Dark Red & Gold with accents of Ivory and Green

Your Dress: David''s Bridal T8021

Your Flowers: Thinking dark red roses, green cymbidium orchids, ivory calla or gardenia, and maybe some green hydrangea, but every thing is in my head right now since I haven''t sat down and plan it out yet... P.S. I am DIYing because I don''t trust another florist to do the job (perfectionist when it comes to flowers due to my floral designer background).
Your BM dresses: Custom made by FSIL... will be gold color.

Groom''s and GM tuxes: Not sure yet... maybe black tux, ivory shirts and red vest for groom and gold vests for groomsmen.

First Dance Song: "Close to you" by the Carpenters?? I love the song but dunno if it''s ok for a wedding.

Wedding Cake: Definitely 3 tiers. For some reasons, I only like the look of a 3 tiers cake. Something simple and elegant.

Wedding Favors: Red clay roses handmade by me in clear favor boxes with a personalized ribbon. I made 154 so far.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, we don''t know know a lot of this yet, because we are having such a long engagement, but here''s what we have so far

Your Name / Fiance''s Name: Rebecca/James
What you do: I''m a graduate student (PhD) in immunology/virology, FI is a software engineer right now, planning to go to law school in fall ''06
Where you''re both from: I''m from SF Bay Area, FI is from MA/NH, we live in SF now (we both love it here!)
How you met: in college, at Brown University in Providence RI
How long you''ve been together: a little over 2 years
Engagement date: March 12, 2005
Wedding date: not final, but most likely May/early June 2007
Wedding location: not decided yet, but going to look tomorrow
# of guests: about 50-60 - we are paying for a lot of it ourselves, and we want it be pretty small and more intimate
Wedding colors: undecided - current favorite color scheme is dark red and sage green, with ivory and possibly silver or gold accents
Your Dress: undecided - have to lose some more weight first
Your Flowers: also undecided, although I love roses and hydrangeas, and probably will be DIY
Your BM dresses: totally undecided, may just leave it up to the girls to find a black dress they like within certain parameters (tea length, etc...)
Groom''s and GM tuxes: FI wants to buy his from Nordstrom...we will see...
First Dance Song: "Love of My Life" Carlos Santana w/ Dave Matthews - it will be challenging to dance to, but so would "our" other song ("Thank You" by Dido)
Wedding Cake: FI likes round, I like square, but we both agree on simple with no fondant
Wedding Favors: undecided, but hopefully some sort of chocolates because we both love chocolate. I would love to do See''s candy truffles because we both adore them, but might be too expensive...

I would propose we add one more thing to this poll: Knot bio/wedding webpage link:

AG''s Knot Bio

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Your Name / Fiance''s Name: Rachel/Noah

What you do: Research Assistant in a Biochem lab before I decide what I want to go back to school to do (PhD, law, MBA?). He''s a computer scientist working on neural nets and other ''things'' for a financial firm

Where you''re both from: I come from a gypsy-like family, spent most of my time in the midwest/OH area. He''s from MA.

How you met: online!

How long you''ve been together: almost 7 years

Engagement date: October 5, 2004

Wedding date: September 10, 2005 (yes. we''re nuts)

Wedding location: Stonehurst

# of guests: Hopefully 100-110. FI''s family has a LOT of friends they''re insisting should attend... *sigh*

Wedding colors: shades of green and brown with white accents. It''s a natural theme with lots of ferns and woodland plants

Your Dress: Mikaella 1057

Your Flowers: Variety... mostly mosses and ferns with some other additions that my florist and I are cooking up...

Your BM dresses: Watters 5433 in acorn dupioni.

Groom''s and GM tuxes: Went with Men''s Wearhouse to make it simplest on everyone.

First Dance Song: Not sure yet.. probably either ''Tupelo Honey'' by Van Morrison or that other song that I can''t remember right now...

Wedding Cake: also simple, no fondant, but other than a no-chocolate stipulations (I''m allergic), no clue

Wedding Favors: Probably chocolate truffles from 7:3 Chocolates in New York...

Webpage... uh... still working on that...

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
rfath, I love your dress!!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Date: 5/20/2005 2:48:24 PM
Author:dietvanillacoke
i'm not sure if there's already something like this... i saw it on the LIW board and thought it was cute. since i missed the LIW board (got engaged before it became a board) i only come here to bride world wide... so i thought maybe we should have a thread of introducing ourselves!! here's a quick survey of what you can write. And of course, you can write as little or as much as you want.

Your Name / Fiance's Name:
What you do:
Where you're both from:
How you met:
How long you've been together:
Engagement date:
Wedding date:
Wedding location:
# of guests:
Wedding colors:
Your Dress:
Your Flowers:
Your BM dresses:
Groom's and GM tuxes:
First Dance Song:
Wedding Cake:
Wedding Favors:

Anything else you want to mention!! Oh and don't forget to include a picture if you'd like!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your Name / Fiance''s Name: Ame/Ryan
What you do: Creative Director for an advertising agency specializing in big-ticket purchases--cars, mortgages, homebuilders and jewelers. We also do several major chains, varying from car services to restaurants and food companies. He is an engineer for MCIworldcom. Till it gets bought out.
Where you''re both from: He is originally from Salinas/San Luis Obispo CA and I am from St. Louis. He''s been in STL after moving a lot for about 20 years. His folks just moved to Dallas 2 years ago.
How you met: Match.com

How long you''ve been together: 2 years on June 26th

Engagement date: June 25th 2004 (he had to work on our anniversary.)

Wedding date: July 2nd, 2005

Wedding location: Piper Palm House in Tower Grove Park, St. Louis, MO

# of guests: probably 300ish

Wedding colors: Lilac, Deep Plummy purple, Chocolate Brown, Grass Green and Champagne.

Your Dress: A similar style to Maggie Sottero Sarchi, Ivory with Lilac, Deep Plummy purple (see BM dress color), chocolate brown, grass green and champagne beading.

Your Flowers: A mix of Blue Pacific Roses, Deep purple calla lilies, agapanthis, freesia, caspia and somethin else. ALL purple. Theirs will be all agapanthis in white with purple streaked petals and light purple petals.

Your BM dresses: Jordan: In this exact shade.

Groom''s and GM tuxes: Mens wearhouse, plum diamond vest

First Dance Song: Was going to be Harry Connick Jr. "we are in love" but we never took dancelessons. So nothing yet

Wedding Cake: 5 layers of Devil''s food with ganache poured over top and between layers. 1 more middle layer will be white cake. (6 tiers total)

Wedding Favors: nothing probably. We might have some pencils printed because the guest book is going to be to leave a note on the back of the place card and put it in the little envelope provided.

One of our engagement photos.

ameryanepic.jpg.jpg

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
What you do: I''m a tax accountant (the most glamorous of all careers) and he''s a real estate developer.

Where you''re both from: I''m from the Chicago suburbs and he''s from the Virginia countryside. We live in the Northern Virginia suburbs of DC now.

How you met: During college--he saw me bopping through the library when I was a freshman and found some friends to introduce us. Didn''t start dating until after he graduated though...

How long you''ve been together: Since about February of 2000

Engagement date: October of 2004--Columbus Day weekend, I believe. Whatever that 3-day weekend in October is...

Wedding date: September 3, 2005

Wedding location: Hanover, NH--We figured that since most of our guests would be Dartmouth alums and since that''s where we met--what could be better?

# of guests: 115-125

Wedding colors: Green and gold/champagne

Your Dress: Richard Glasgow--The bridal shop called it Olivia, but I don''t think his dresses are generally identified by names. It''s on the first page of the wedding dress thread, towards the bottom: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lets-post-our-wedding-dresses.20677/

Your Flowers: Still up in the air... September is difficult for flowers. For me, I was thinking of lillies or hydrangeas. For the bridesmaids, I was thinking of calla lillies, or something with snap dragons or gladiolas. We''ll see.

Your BM dresses: Saeyoung Vu Couture Grace (Long) in Pitsachio with a Champagne sash--It''s midway down the second page in the BM dress thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/post-your-bm-dresses.26473/page-2

Groom''s and GM tuxes: They all kind of look the same. I think Ralph Lauren might be the designer. I have no idea though--I only know that it was someone I had heard of.

First Dance Song: David Allan Cole''s "You Never Even Called Me By My Name"--It sets the right mood for the reception.

Wedding Cake: Yellow cake with buttercream frosting, in between layers in each tier is either a chocolate-almond or a chocolate-raspberry ganache. Each tier is going to be square with a delicate design and lots of (real) flowers.

Wedding Favors: Still up in the air...

Rube

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys (girls I guess)! I haven''t really posted much, but my wedding is coming up soon now, and I''m getting really excited! So, here is my introduction. I was too late to this site to join the LIW list...

Your Name / Fiance''s Name: Meg/Jon

What you do: I''m a slide librarian, he''s a screen printer. We met in art school, in the slide library, where he ended up working for ME.

Where you''re both from: Me, Indianapolis. Him, Kansas City

How long you''ve been together: 2 years, 7 months

Engagement date: We don''t know... June 2004? We just decided one day that it was time.

Wedding date: August 7th, 2005

Wedding location: Powell Gardens, Kingsville, Missouri. The Chapel is another Fay Jones building like the Chapel in Eureka Springs- which I think someone else on this site is using to get married?

# of guests: Keeps going up... maybe 50? We started with a modest 25.

Wedding colors: Hm. I guess white, black and lavender. We haven''t picked flowers yet.

Your Dress: David''s Bridal. I forget the number, but it''s near the end of the Show Me the Dress page.

Your BM dresses: No bridesmaids...

Groom''s and GM tuxes: No groomsmen... but my honey will be wearing a nice suit!

First Dance Song: No dancing! Just a brunch reception after a morning wedding.

Wedding Cake: The fun part. We LOVE and are involved with Mesoamerican archaeology, so our cakes are being designed to look like pyramids- Temples I and II at Tikal in Guatemala.

Wedding Favors: Many of our guests are from out of town, so I''m hoping to put together some nice baskets for their rooms. We don''t have anything for the tables yet.

Here is a picture from our last trip to Mexico. We used this sweaty photo for our RSVP postcards. My dad thinks we''re so tacky. And who knows, maybe we are.
9.gif

jonmegchicanna.jpg

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello!! This is fun!

Your Name / Fiance's Name: Renee and my FI name is Blake
What you do: diamond business/ he has a political and gaming website and works for a software company
Where you're both from: I am a military brat, born in Myrtle Beach SC. He is from Katy, Texas
How you met: Match.com
How long you've been together: 2 wonderful years
Engagement date: July 25th, 2004 ( Our anniversary :))
Wedding date: August 13th, 2005
Wedding location: The Woodlands,Texas
# of guests: 225
Wedding colors: Black, white and Red
Your Dress: I don't know the designer....
20.gif

Your Flowers: roses, english ivy
Your BM dresses: Albert Angleo (or somthing like that- am I a bad bride- I don't know anything!!!
9.gif

Groom's and GM tuxes:Lubium 2 button notch lapel with black satin full back vest and 4 hand ties with lay down collars.
First Dance Song:"Steady as we go" DMB (on the new album- # 13)
Wedding Cake: Italian Cream with raspberry filling and ameretto buttercream icing
Wedding Favors:Grandmother makes candy and chocolate- has a company so she is having all the favors made- they are a surprise but will be white and dark chocloate.

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
LILYINCT..

Where did you get those bubble wands? They are too cute :)

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 10:57:27 AM
Author: beautifuldisaster
LILYINCT..

Where did you get those bubble wands? They are too cute :)

Do you mean the bubbles I posted? We bought ours at Walmart, but first saw them at Michael''s Arts and Crafts. Walmart had packages of bigger quantities. I can find out how many wands in a box if you like.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 12:07:46 PM
Author: Rube

Wedding Cake: The fun part. We LOVE and are involved with Mesoamerican archaeology, so our cakes are being designed to look like pyramids- Temples I and II at Tikal in Guatemala.

OOOOh you have to post pics of this afterwards.... so neat!
36.gif
36.gif

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Your Name / Fiance's Name: Jennifer / Drew
What you do: Student and Microbiology Assistant / GIS Cartographer
Where you're both from: Originally from Bitburg, Germany / Originally from Reading, Pennsylvania
How you met: Both were in the greek system in college
How long you've been together: almost 2 years
Engagement date: April 28th, 2005
Wedding date: Sometime in July of 2006 (maybe)
Wedding location: Pensacola, FL (hopefully the beach)
# of guests: So far, about 175.
Wedding colors: Red, Black, and white
Your Dress: no dress yet
Your Flowers: Haven't decided, but would like orchids and peonies at least
Your BM dresses: No dresses yet
Groom's and GM tuxes: No tuxes yet
First Dance Song: That's All by Michael Buble
Wedding Cake: Chocolate. Two tiers on the bottom and one tier at top with flowers on top and in
middle. Double happiness written in chinese on each layer.
Wedding Favors: Cookies in Chinese Take-Out Boxes

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
My cake will be something like this....

5uniquebuttery10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results