shape
carat
color
clarity

Alright gals... which dress?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I am debating between two dresses, wondering what you gals think!!

The Paloma Blanca (My mom''s fav)

palomablancacollage.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Or.... this Casablanca!

casablancacollage.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Well they are both very pretty- just depends what look you are going for....imo, # 1 is both contemporary and classic...whereas # 2 looks a little too antiquey for my taste....

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, i like the first one better but it''s purely the matter of style preference. They''re both pretty, the second one looks sort of Victorian, the first is a bit more contemporary.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Dress #1 is FABULOUS!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
The first one! The first one!!
9.gif

amyi

Rough_Rock
Flopkins,
This is interesting because I am also in the middle of a dress search. I have tried on so many dresses and I really like alot of them but havent had that this is the one moment. But I just tried on dress #2 a couple days ago and I loved it.
30.gif

I think I noticed in another post that you are planning on having blue colors. That is what I would like also. Which leads me to the one and only issue I have with that dress is that the waistband only comes in blush color. I''m not sure how it would look with my colors cause I really wanted blue, yellow and green. So that is my predicament.
I cant wait to hear what you decide!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
both are beautiful but I love everything about the paloma

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
The first one is much prettier. The second one is plain looking.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could vote on dresses all day
36.gif

NUMBER 1!!!

jlc0604

Rough_Rock
The first one! Beautiful!!! :)

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hello flopkins!

Both dresses are beautiful. The first one seems extremely flattering. My concern would be about the second on making my hips look big so I think it depends on your body type.

So I will vote for #1! :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I vote even though I''m not a LIW?? Number 1, it''s soooo pretty!!

tachi

Rough_Rock
hey flopkins,
i like dress #1 as well. more flattering and classic. something you''ll still like 5 years down the road.

btw, what happened to the exclusive/allure bridal dress that you were looking at (the same one i got)?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2005 6:44:24 PM
Author: snow_happy
Hello flopkins!

Both dresses are beautiful. The first one seems extremely flattering. My concern would be about the second on making my hips look big so I think it depends on your body type.

So I will vote for #1! :)
Yes, I was thinking this too! Number one is not only more elegant, it will be more slimming as well
2.gif

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Flopkins, I think the first dress is breathtaking >. It''s got my vote!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
If #2 didn''t have the sash, I would probably vote for it because I like the all over lacey look and don''t like the sash. However at the same time, I also like very simple thing with a clean cut and #1''s bodice isn''t that simple with the scrunching of the fabric. I actually don''t like the scrunching and gathering of fabric of the bodice, but that''s just me. With all that said, I vote for #1 because the sash is totally working against #2.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I love #1!!!

That being said... which way are you leaning????

Do you remember that episode of Friends where Rachel took the pregnancy test (at Monica''s wedding reception) and Phoebe told her it was negative just to see if Rachel would be more disappointed or relieved as a way to see how she honestly felt about it???

So, since most people are voting with dress #1, are you a little disappointed because deep down, you kinda prefer dress #2? Or are you kinda excited, because you were leaning that direction but you needed more that just your mom''s confirmation? Or is it like "cool, I could go either way" type of thing??? I love the first one, and so does your mom, but you gotta go with the one that just really speaks to you. Then again, maybe they are both speaking to you!!
9.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
my .02

I'm also in dress search mode. Funny, I went from learning all the setting mfr (ritani, daniel k, michael b etc) to learning all the dress designers...too funny.

Anyway, both dresses are nice. I happen to like the all-over lace feel of #2, but don't like the way the waist sash thing ends in the seam. Looks like a princess waistline in the back which reminds me of my prom dress (light aqua with puffy sleeves and a princess waist lol..it was the 80s).
Think what is throwing me about #1 is the color. I would probably love #1 if it was in ivory. I agree that this dress would probably be more flattering.

Bottom line.. you're the bride, so wear what you like!
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
i looooooooove the first one! second is nice too, but the first is STUNNING! i love the back too!

Cath

Shiny_Rock
I like #1 better overall. I like the lace detail on the #2 and the edging on the train, but I don''t like the sash at the waist.

Have you tried both dresses on yet? Maybe the sash on the #2 looks better in person and ultimately, it''s whichever dress looks best on you!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i really honestly love them both. I love the way back of #1 plunges, but everything else i like them both equally. Maybe if we saw pics of you in the dress, itd be easier to decide.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
The first one will make you look taller and more slender. The second one will create curves. It really just depends on how you look and feel in each. They are both beautiful. Can you post pics of YOU in the dresses?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love #1. But I would say to get the one that best flatters you...

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Go for # 1

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i vote #1 too!! love it!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Thanks everyone for your input!!!! I didn't think #1 would be so overwhelming!! Actually, I kinda like #1 better too... I never thought I would like a lacy dress (#2), it didn't seem 'ME' but when I put it on, I loved the scalloping at the bottom. I agree w/several of you on the sash on #2, that is my 'beef' with that dress too... when I tried it on at the store, the placement didn't seem quite right, and in the back it kinda pointed down... to my butt crack!! Ok I know that sounds horrible... but thats how I felt!!! hehe...

The paloma blanca is silk, and feels soooooooo nice after trying on all the heavy heavy heavy satin ones... and it's so flattering on the waistline! Plus it has the bridal buttons all down the back... something I adore!!
9.gif
9.gif

Anyhoo, some of you asked for pics of me in them... so...

here is #2... the casablanca ( sorry I'm switching the order...)

casablanca_me.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
and #1, the paloma blanca...

soo.... do you all still agree on #1?!!!!!

ps- tachi- the exclusive/allure is still in the running, but I think I like these two a bit better.. i don't know, its so hard to decide!!!

ETA: hrm... the pics for this one of the front aren't so great... oh well, you get the idea!

pblanca_me.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
nope. Now I like the casablanca better since I''ve seen them on you. I sure wish I had your body!! They both look great on you, but something about the casblanca just looks PERFECT.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results