shape
carat
color
clarity

Alright gals... which dress?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
they both look awesome on you!! i agree with melissa somewhat, i definitely like #1 better on you than on the model, but there's something about #2, i love the bodice...i still vote #1 (well #2 in the second round of shots
1.gif
) the paloma blanca!!!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you look great in both of those dresses!!! So, since they both look fantastic on you, then for me it''s really just a personal style issue for me and I still prefer #1. That being said, the Casablanca dress looks at least 100x better on you than the model... Seriously, she was not doing it justice and I think you would look stunning in either one. Just up to you which style is more "you" ~ hard decision!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, when I first started reading through the thread I didn't like #2, something with that sash, but seeing it on your is different. Tough decision, but you can't go wrong either way. You're lucky that they both look awesome on you! Good luck wiht the decision!!!

Just adding: After thinking about it a little more, I guess my preference would still be for number 1, but I think that's my own issues with lace...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The sash just looks like it''s in the wrong position, and I agree with you that the sash looks like it ends in the middle of your butt. I like the casablanca on you much better. You look great in it.

Layne

Shiny_Rock
While #1 is one of my all time fave dresses I think #2 looks better on you- and it is more unique! I say go for #2!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Flopkins- you look lovely in both.
I guess if I have to choose: #1

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been eyeballing dress #1 for a while now..how funny that it''s one of your choices. #2 is beautiful too. I haven''t come across that one yet.

mellyjm

Rough_Rock
I loved #1 when I saw the two dresses, but once they were on, I liked #2 better. Both dresses are beautiful! Goodluck with your decision!

MJ

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
hm... the tide is turning... it's half/half for #2 now!!
6.gif

I think a lot has to do with my pics for #1, I don't think they turned out as well as they looked in person... but we'll see!! I still have plenty of time to decide!!

And D4me- #1 is a beautiful dress, it wears so nicely with the raw silk...

Thanks everyone for your input!! It's always interesting to see what everyone's saying...

teebee- i think you're right about the 'friends' analogy... I am definitely leaning to #1, cuz when everyone was saying #1, I was all happy, and now ppl are saying #2, I'm like nooooo wait, it's the pictures!!! I like #1!! hehe....

ah well.........
9.gif
9.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
flopkins--

You look much better than the model in dress #2!!! However my vote is still for #1 since I think it''s more flattering to your shoulders (at least what I could tell from the pictures).

Both dresses are beautiful. :)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
#1 Paloma Blanca

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
It''s true, actually seeing them on you makes a big difference. I loved number 1 but after seeing you in both I love number 2. I guess it''s a question of which one flatters you and which one you feel most comfortable in.

You''ve got great taste!
35.gif

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
The Casablanca....it''s beautiful!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I still like #1!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
both are lovely on but the paloma is even more beautiful on you....

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Wow, you look great in both dresses! Since you can carry off either one, my vote is still #1 since I like the style better.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that #2 looks far better on you than on the model, but that dress #1 is my choice for you. I think the style and the fabric together are fantastic, and you look gorgeous in it!!

simpotun

Rough_Rock
Both dresses look very nice. I''m generally not a big fan of beading, but I would have to vote for the Casablanca. It''s beautiful on you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Is it too late to vote? I simply adore dress #1; although truth be told they both look beautiful on you...I don''t envy your decision!!!

cheers--Sharon

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
hm... simpotun are you stalking me on PS?!!!!!!
6.gif
6.gif

canuk- it''s not too late!! still havent got a dress yet!!
9.gif
9.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Casablanca....it looks like it was made for you!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The back of number is just soo lovely....I agree with your mother.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I think the 2nd one is beautiful, classy elegant and sophisticated. Very classy.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love number 1 :)

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
just an update on this - i decided to break w/tradition and went to the salon w/my FI (simpotun) last saturday and tried on the two dresses for him - he still likes the casablanca better in person! He said the paloma blanca (#1) looked too ''normal'' for me, like it would be something I might wear anytime, except it''s white and has a train.... but the casablanca w/all the lace etc... is very different and he loves that....

soooooooo... i dunnos. I have to admit I like the paloma more, but it''s also a big jump in price (about twice that of the casablanca)... I know I can''t go wrong w/either one, but I so torn!!

and, on top of all that, we interviewd a photographer last night, and he was lamenting how white wedding gowns are the worst possible color for flattering the figure.... which I have to admit is true.... and the casablanca is a lovely pink blush color!!!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh
14.gif

whew, i feel better now. boy, i can''t believe i''m this strung out over picking a dress to wear for 5 hours! FI can''t believe how obsessed i am w/wedding planning.....sigh.......

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hang in there flopkins!!! The blush pink does sound pretty though. Back when I got married my dress came in a blush pink and to this day I wish I had chosen that color, but it was 1986 and they were just starting with the blush pinks and I chickened out. Chose the same dress only in Ivory by Priscilla of Boston.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
flopkins - I would still go with the dress you like better regardless of what the photographer says about the color. I mean a good photographer know how to use angles and lightings to make the bride looks great regardless of the dress color. I just find it a little odd for him/her to say that. As far as your FI, that''s the tough part. Do you want to get something you love or something he likes to make him happy??? That''s tough. I bought the dress both my FI and I loved instead of the one I loved and he didn''t like, but for a while I was debating that so I kno how you feel.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Flop, can you get the Paloma Blanca in a light ivory or ivory?? Or does it only come in white?

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know how you feel about about the 2 dresses. I currently trying to please my mom and myself (FI couldn''t care less)- my mom has an idea that brides should wear lace, and I like a simple silk dress with almost no details. That said, I have been thinking about the Marisa v neck dress for a loooong time, pretty much every day since I''ve tried it on! (which was over 1.5 months ago)

I say that go with the one that you like - the Casablanca. Maybe you can think about it for a bit, and see which one you think about every day for a week or two, and then you''ll know which dress is THE ONE.
21.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Casablanca -- you look exquisite in it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results