clarity

February 2019 Colored Stone Purchases

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is my February 2019 colored gem purchase :) Thought I'd better pull the trigger before someone else did during Yvonne's sale. I'm going to have her set them in studs.
il_570xN.1665648014_3q6f.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
I saw a new round paraiba in Yvonne's shop, and I believe that it sold right away. I am broke, but I hope they were nagged by PS'ers so we could see more paraibas!

@leslie1956 those cabochons are LOVELY, and I can't wait to see them in the finished setting! :kiss2:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw a new round paraiba in Yvonne's shop, and I believe that it sold right away. I am broke, but I hope they were nagged by PS'ers so we could see more paraibas!

@leslie1956 those cabochons are LOVELY, and I can't wait to see them in the finished setting! :kiss2:
Thanks, voce, I thought they were a great deal for $230! They're a nice size too, about half a carat each.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my February 2019 colored gem purchase :) Thought I'd better pull the trigger before someone else did during Yvonne's sale. I'm going to have her set them in studs.
il_570xN.1665648014_3q6f.jpg

Ooh, those are beautiful l I love that intense color. :love: Whose gonna look at your face with those babies on your ears? :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I saw it too and was very tempted (but I just bought that Gene sapphire so I behaved). Thank goodness it sold fast so it could stop staring at me (ok, I was staring at it, but come on...it’s gorgeous). :love: I hope a PSer bought it so we can ogle it some more. :mrgreen2:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh, those are beautiful l I love that intense color. :love: Whose gonna look at your face with those babies on your ears? :lol:
Indeed, Elle ;-) I love the color, too and they are a good size, nearly 1 carat TW. With that combo of color and stone size, I'm going with studs, no need to distract from those lovely spinels!

voce

Ideal_Rock
OK here is my second purchase for February 2019 from a nice PSer. It was originally bought from Yvonne, so that means she will set it for me, yay!
IMG_0162.jpg IMG_2612 (1).jpg
I was wishing a PSer would get that paraiba! It's so nice when your wishes come true. Can't wait to see how you are going to set that!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
C7FAB786-6723-495F-87FD-9A16C348D6B5.jpeg

I was supposed to be on a bling ban. :doh:3.0-3.5 mm Burma spinels.

Maybe an alternating diamond band and halo earrings? I could also make two pairs of earrings and give one to my mother in law.

Attachments

• ACC80B7D-01E0-4E2C-B36A-41D8355C22ED.jpeg
    ACC80B7D-01E0-4E2C-B36A-41D8355C22ED.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 24

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe an alternating diamond band and halo earrings?
Are these from Yvonne?? I LOVE THEMMMM

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @voce and @lovedogs!

I am super excited to get this cab, it’s larger than any other Paraiba I own. The color and glow is excellent for a cab as well. It will go into a ring with an e-w orientation but the details need to be decided.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK here is my second purchase for February 2019 from a nice PSer. It was originally bought from Yvonne, so that means she will set it for me, yay!
IMG_0162.jpg IMG_2612 (1).jpg

And now we know why you sold the Camellia ring ...new project! :dance:
I love, love, love this paraiba. Any idea on how you want to set it?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe an alternating diamond band and halo earrings? I could also make two pairs of earrings and give one to my mother in law.

Look at that drool worthy coloring. :love: I can’t wait to see what you do with them. I love the band idea and halo’d earrings would look fantastic. :kiss2:

Curby311

Rough_Rock
I'm loving all of these. The colors are so intense. Usually I'm a lurker but I caved and bought recently so I can share this time around. I picked up these from loupe troop:

upload_2019-2-15_9-46-41.png

They are off at AGL now for their gem briefs. I haven't seen them yet so I am a bit nervous how they will come back from AGL. If all goes well then they may be side stones for my engagement ring or earrings.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm loving all of these. The colors are so intense. Usually I'm a lurker but I caved and bought recently so I can share this time around. I picked up these from loupe troop:

They are off at AGL now for their gem briefs. I haven't seen them yet so I am a bit nervous how they will come back from AGL. If all goes well then they may be side stones for my engagement ring or earrings.

I saw those on LT too. They are stunning! :love:

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow. They are so beautiful.. Are they unheated?

Curby311

Rough_Rock
Wow. They are so beautiful.. Are they unheated?

Thank you!!! =)2They are unheated. I'm getting the gem brief done at AGL so the purchase is contingent on that. I'm a little worried not seeing them first but the seller is in new york so was able to drop them off at AGL.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Curby311, I'm thrilled to see your sapphires on PS. I thought they were gorgeous, too, but I'm still paying off a ruby that I'm buying from the same vendor. In the interest of paying off my credit card debt, I decided not to pull the trigger on those sapphires, but I find them to be among the best unheated sapphire pairs I've seen. I hope you'll be happy working with that vendor, too. She has been friendly, honest, and ethical in all the interactions I had with her.

I wouldn't consider you a lurker. Look at the date you joined PS! 2015! That's been 4 years. Speaking for myself, I know there were periods since I signed up when I've been inactive and periods where I was super active when I was trying to procrastinate. Welcome to the CS forums, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you set those sapphires!

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Hivona, what gorgeous stones you've acquired! :lickout: What is the stone that I spot in your new avatar? Is it jade?

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
@Curby311 thanks! The sapphires... wow. :kiss2:

@Hivona I was drooling over that zircon. It’s great to see how saturated it is. The aquaprase has me interested in the stones. How are you going to set these?

Curby311

Rough_Rock
@Curby311, I'm thrilled to see your sapphires on PS. I thought they were gorgeous, too, but I'm still paying off a ruby that I'm buying from the same vendor. In the interest of paying off my credit card debt, I decided not to pull the trigger on those sapphires, but I find them to be among the best unheated sapphire pairs I've seen. I hope you'll be happy working with that vendor, too. She has been friendly, honest, and ethical in all the interactions I had with her.

I wouldn't consider you a lurker. Look at the date you joined PS! 2015! That's been 4 years. Speaking for myself, I know there were periods since I signed up when I've been inactive and periods where I was super active when I was trying to procrastinate. Welcome to the CS forums, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you set those sapphires!
Wow! That was you? What a small world! I felt so awful when she had said that someone else had expressed interest. I asked her to double check with the other potential buyer to make sure that they were certain they weren't going to proceed before moving forward. She of course had already done that but I asked her to wait until later the next day just in case. My interactions with her have been great so far and she has been very helpful. I'm so happy that I might be past lurker status =)2 that makes me much less like a creeper.

Rubies are stunning so I'm glad you were able to find one that works. It's great that you can do payments on it. You just made me realize that I have really been spending too long trying to find the perfect sapphire for my engagement ring. :wall: The more I looked at them and researched the more I realized my budget was going to have to be much higher than what was originally planned. I had told my fiancee that we could skip an engagement ring for me to do a basic wedding band. My fiancee had said that we could do something basic now and upgrade to a sapphire later when money isn't so tight. When I saw these sapphires I thought maybe I could find a reasonably priced pre-owned diamond or other center stone and use the sapphires as side-stones. I must be a true CS girl if I consider a diamond as settling. ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results