shape
carat
color
clarity

February 2019 Colored Stone Purchases

Discussion in 'Colored Gemstones' started by voce, Feb 6, 2019.

1. CHRISTY-DANIELLE
    Brilliant_Rock

by CHRISTY-DANIELLE » May 6, 2019
    Got these little 4mm ish indicolites from a PSer. CvB listed them on IG, I missed out, but then fate (& a nice PSer) brought them to me. Going in some earrings.
    Eventually. Screenshot_20190506-115229.png

2. voce
    Brilliant_Rock

by voce » May 6, 2019
    Amid the UPS delivery fiasco, I was too weak to resist a spinel. Perhaps slightly windowed, but this new stone would round out my collection of lavender spinels (Burma, Vietnam, and now Tanzania).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. T L
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by T L » May 6, 2019
    Omg, Voce, what a luscious spinel!!!

voce likes this.
  4. Sunshinelab
    Rough_Rock

by Sunshinelab » May 6, 2019
    That is gorgeous!!! I have an incredible weakness for lavender spinel... :kiss2: you have the most beautiful ones... you should take a group photo to share. :mrgreen2:

T L and voce like this.

5. voce
    Brilliant_Rock

by voce » May 6, 2019
    I'm glad I'm not the only one to think so :mrgreen2:. It's 2 cts, too! Very affordable (about $100/ct) because of the Tanzanian origin. When I see stuff like this, I buy because I'm an opportunist.

Ok, I shall, after I receive it. The handshots are the vendor's, not mine. :roll2:

[​IMG]
    Okay, I'll fess up. I snatched these aquamarines from the same vendor for <$40 per ct. He took down the listing, though, so I can't link.

I'm already thinking about setting a 3-stone cushion ring in the future with my buys today. It'll have both my birthstone (spinel) and my DF's birthstone (aqua), so if these pictures are true to life, I think it'll be an absolutely divine (for me) combination of color. :kiss2:

6. FlashyFlamingo
    Shiny_Rock

by FlashyFlamingo » May 6, 2019
    Those aquas are to die for gorgeous!

voce likes this.
  7. leslie1956
    Brilliant_Rock

by leslie1956 » May 6, 2019
    That sounds like a great plan, voce! The combo of the gorgeous spinel and these aquas should make a lovely ring :)

voce and Sunshinelab like this.
  8. T L
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by T L » May 6, 2019
    That was a bargain for that lavender spinel. We need more pics!!!:love:

voce likes this.
  9. strawrose
    Brilliant_Rock

by strawrose » May 6, 2019
    @voce very lovely! Ooo... who is this vendor?

I’m waiting for this from Thailand. Burma spinels, 1.5 mm each.

10. voce
    Brilliant_Rock

by voce » May 6, 2019
    Will do when I receive the package.

:love::love:did you buy all 100 spinels pictured? Who is YOUR vendor? I bought the spinel and aqua from CDGEMSTONE on Etsy. There's a bigger pair of aqua still available.

Dibs if you ever want to sell some of those melee red spinel!

strawrose, lovedogs and T L like this.

11. strawrose
    Brilliant_Rock

by strawrose » May 6, 2019
    Oooo nice! I will check it out.

It’s from Maureen Webber, a vendor on Jeff Davies & Friends Fine Gemstones Auctions. Yes, I bought all 100 pieces. She’s getting inundated by a lot of red spinel requests after that auction. :lol: Sure, I’ll let you know.

lovedogs and voce like this.
  12. T L
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by T L » May 6, 2019
    Oh my goodness, that’s OTL, she was a regular poster here and then went into the trade now. She had some gorgeous pieces.

pwsg07, lovedogs, junebug17 and 3 others like this.
  13. TheGarnetGirl
    Brilliant_Rock

by TheGarnetGirl » May 7, 2019
    I am loving all of these delicious gems!!
    Andddddd @voce I am SO jealous!
    Ive actually been in love with lavender spinels lately and have been on the hunt. Yours is truly beautiful and at that price?! Amazing!

@strawrose those babies are such a yummy red! I cannot wait to see what you create out of those!!

@CHRISTY-DANIELLE , those tourmaline are lovely! & your story that goes along with them is even better. Dont you love it when the stars seem to align for your gemstone/jewelry purchases? Or maybe its just us all trying to rationalize the amount we spend on gems like "See honey, even the universe wants me to have this! Its meant to be!" :lol-2: haha

14. TheGarnetGirl
    Brilliant_Rock

by TheGarnetGirl » May 7, 2019
    & I guess I wasnt joking on my last post about finding more.....
    Dont judge me!

So this Oregon Sunstone cab (13x17mm) has been in my favorites on Etsy for quite some time (I wanna say a couple years even) and I just never pulled the trigger but everytime id browse my favorites and see it I just thought it was beautiful. I also dont own any sunstone let alone the beautiful material that comes out of Oregon.
    It has such a strange look and energy to it that I just cant ignore.
    I requested some more photos of it in different light sources. As long as it doesnt turn completely clear in most lighting then it will finally be mine!
    il_fullxfull.1013100964_grvj~2.jpg il_fullxfull.1059629579_f7p5~2.jpg il_fullxfull.1013101042_3wht~2.jpg

15. voce
    Brilliant_Rock

by voce » May 7, 2019
    Do you prefer a more pinkish or bluish lavender? Because if pinkish, there's this one :twisted2: being offered by thegemstoneproject, in addition to a couple other pale lavender spinels that CDGEMSTONE is selling. I'm also considering listing one of my acquisitions for sale, but haven't decided about it.

TheGarnetGirl and Sunshinelab like this.

16. Sunshinelab
    Rough_Rock

by Sunshinelab » May 7, 2019
    QUOTE="voce, post: 4543723, member: 101872"]Do you prefer a more pinkish or bluish lavender? Because if pinkish, there's this one :twisted2: being offered by thegemstoneproject, in addition to a couple other pale lavender spinels that CDGEMSTONE is selling. I'm also considering listing one of my acquisitions for sale, but haven't decided about it.[/QUOTE]

Ooooo oh my goodness this is music to my ears. I may have you help me find one too =)2

voce likes this.
  17. MissyBeaucoup
    Brilliant_Rock

by MissyBeaucoup » May 7, 2019
    Ooh, so impressed with your quartz with lepidochrosite! Cool !!!

TheGarnetGirl likes this.
  18. voce
    Brilliant_Rock

by voce » May 7, 2019
    So, I noticed that stone I linked from thegemstoneproject was sold when I just visited Etsy; hoping it was @Garnetgirl and not some random lurker.

lovedogs and TheGarnetGirl like this.
  19. TheGarnetGirl
    Brilliant_Rock

by TheGarnetGirl » May 8, 2019
    The one you shared is lovely but sadly (or luckily because someone purchased ) I love the lavender babies with a secondary blue tone. Yours is honestly perfect in my eyes :kiss2:and I see that one as having a more blue tone. The other ones that were for sale at CD were a great color but the cuts werent to my taste. I cannot wait to see handshots of those aquas and your delicious spinel together!!! Ahhh
    Oh & sorry I'm just now replying, yesterday was crazy with work and kids and her school, I'm surprised I survived!

MissyBeaucoup likes this.
  20. TheGarnetGirl
    Brilliant_Rock

by TheGarnetGirl » May 10, 2019
    Gem Silica in hand :Up_to_something: The color in person is lovely and much more lively than the photos.
    Its a brighter blue and less of a mossy blue, I'm not complaining!
    It has a small green birthmark, I wish I knew what mineral it is. Malachite maybe? Isnt malachite closely related to chrysocolla and therefore gem silica?
    I originally wanted a yellow gold ring but I think rose would be more suited!
    20190510_202736.jpg 20190510_201848.jpg

21. Rubybrick
    Shiny_Rock

by Rubybrick » May 10, 2019
    Lovely, I like that “birth mark”

MissyBeaucoup and TheGarnetGirl like this.
  22. lovedogs
    Ideal_Rock

by lovedogs » May 10, 2019
    omg the color is perfect!!!! Do you happen to know where he bought it?? It's wonderful! Good for him!

MissyBeaucoup and TheGarnetGirl like this.
  23. strawrose
    Brilliant_Rock

24. TheGarnetGirl
    Brilliant_Rock

by TheGarnetGirl » May 10, 2019
    Thank you both! & lovedogs I will definitely ask him! Its always great when the sellers photos represent the gemstone but when they're better in person....is a treat!
    I love blue green gems....theres something that is equally energetic yet calming about them depending on hue.

strawrose, voce and lovedogs like this.
  25. MissyBeaucoup
    Brilliant_Rock

by MissyBeaucoup » May 10, 2019
    Your gentleman did great! I love the unique color and personality of the stone. It’s really special! What a rare choice!

26. voce
    Brilliant_Rock

by voce » May 10, 2019
    Congrats! I wholeheartedly agree about the rose gold. :geek2:

27. TheGarnetGirl
    Brilliant_Rock

by TheGarnetGirl » Jun 2, 2019
    @lovedogs !!
    I finally remembered your comment and asked him and he said it was from a very kind and professional man on Etsy named "Patrick Murphy". I looked and he still has a bunch of lovely options!
    I even purchased one from him myself after finding him; its 14.8 x 11.7 x 4.6mm @ 7.74ct
    Here it is next to the one my bub gave me. Its less green but I truly love them both.
    Im still thinking rose gold for the greener cushion but I cannot for the life of me decide on the newer one. It definetely has that paraiba-ish color but the lustre is totally waxy and it has these clouds instead of inclusions.
    What metal color would suit the newer one in your opinion?
    20190531_200058~3.jpg 20190531_195806.jpg

:kiss2:

Stone Hunter and Rfisher like this.
  28. lovedogs
    Ideal_Rock

by lovedogs » Jun 2, 2019
    oooh super pretty! I looked at his stuff on etsy a while ago, and am glad to know his stuff is as good in person as it looks online! for the blue one (newer), I think white gold to really make the color pop, or yellow for a warmer look.