Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT FCD Propeller Band

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
Several months ago I saw a very interesting design for a plain diamond band. However when I inquired about the answers about stone selections did not quite work for me. But the style of the band kept popping up in the back of my mind. Then about 2 months ago I saw the following suite of diamonds online and wondered, if I could have my propeller ring made out of those stones.
fancy%20color%20diamonds%20for%20band.jpg

So I sent an email to the vendor and asked if it would be possible for them to make a band out of the stones and sent them this picture to illustrate what I was looking for. ( I was not 100% about the yellow diamonds, I don't tend to like yellow as a color.)

pear%20rb%20ring.jpg

Amir wrote back promptly and sent me two different layout possibilities; I still preferred the one that looked like airplane propellers.
1st%20option-Pic.jpg
2nd%20option-Pic1.jpg
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
And a month later...the finished product!

0_fcd_prop_01.jpg

0_fcd_prop_02.jpg

0_fcd_prop_03.jpg

0_fcd_prop_04.jpg
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
(last vendor pic ps cuts you off at 4 now...)

0_fcd_prop_05.jpg
 

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 26, 2004
Messages
987
That is just really really pretty. I've never heard of a propeller band but I can totally see it now!
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
makemepretty|1315343095|3010959 said:
That is just really really pretty. I've never heard of a propeller band but I can totally see it now!
Eh that is because they technically don't exist. I just obsess over certain things and so see them everywhere... I'm dorky like that.
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
Wow! It's stunning. Such a cool idea...I had no idea what you meant at first but I get it now. :confused:
 

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
1,630
Beautiful!!! Love the colors of the stones!! Excellent idea! :love:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,940
Wow!
That's really really beautiful!
 

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
11,238
Very very cool! Love the colors! What will you wear it with? Can you post a hand shot?
 

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 3, 2010
Messages
264
Very unique--never seen anything like it before! Love the colors. Definitely would like to see a handshot!
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,940
What will you do with the two large yellow pears in the layout that were too big to go into the ring? :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
kelpie|1315345457|3010992 said:
Wow! It's stunning. Such a cool idea...I had no idea what you meant at first but I get it now. :confused:
Yea I am a little silly, but I swear it all makes sense to me

Thank you; Cahette, minmin001 and centralsquare!
kenny said:
Wow!
That's really really beautiful!
Thanks Kenny the stones came from and the band was assembled by L&Co.
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
Snooper|1315349589|3011053 said:
What a great idea! You have a beautiful collection!
Thanks Snooper! I quite like your rings as well!
Supers said:
This is very cool. Love the different colours.
Thank you supers, I was afraid it might end up looking like I was married to the easter bunny.
kenny said:
What will you do with the two large yellow pears in the layout that were too big to go into the ring? :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:
Oh those stayed with L&CO, they were very easy to work with.
yennyfire said:
That is absolutely fabulous! :love: :love:
Thank you yennyfire!
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
AprilBaby|1315352113|3011082 said:
Very very cool! Love the colors! What will you wear it with? Can you post a hand shot?
It is not here yet! It is coming from Isreal and that means waiting for customs etc....Argh!

MrsM said:
Very unique--never seen anything like it before! Love the colors. Definitely would like to see a handshot!
Thank you! I will post handshots once the ring arrives in the states.
 

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
2,649
Awesome! I love this idea! Those FCDs are to die for! I bet you can't wait to get that beauty on your finger! Will be checking back for hand shots!!!!
 

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
9,667
WOW!!!!! what beautiful colors and great design :) that is a really cool band...I can't wait to see your pics of it!!
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
21,149
HI:

Very cool! :love:

cheers--Sharon
 

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
7,788
You are putting together a lovely collection Cokitty! I adore your new band! It is special and beautiful! You will most likely never
see another band on someones hand just like it. (Unless, of course, Kenny makes a band of his colorful beauties :love: )
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
Amys Bling|1315354737|3011126 said:
i love it!! you are one lucky duck!!!
I know I wake up everyday grateful for how blessed I am.
Lil Misfit said:
Awesome! I love this idea! Those FCDs are to die for! I bet you can't wait to get that beauty on your finger! Will be checking back for hand shots!!!!
I don't have any tracking info just now....FEDEX is being evil!
slg47 said:
WOW!!!!! what beautiful colors and great design :) that is a really cool band...I can't wait to see your pics of it!!
Thank you slg47!
stargurl78 said:
Ooooo very cool band!!!! Can't wait for handshots :bigsmile:
Thanks stargurl78!

canuk-gal said:
HI:

Very cool! :love:

cheers--Sharon
Thank you Sharon!
luv2sparkle said:
You are putting together a lovely collection Cokitty! I adore your new band! It is special and beautiful! You will most likely never
see another band on someones hand just like it. (Unless, of course, Kenny makes a band of his colorful beauties :love: )
Thanks L2S! I am just tapping my foot waiting for it to arrive! The ring shipped 9.1.11....Kenny's stones are almost too pretty to set.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations
    Tennis Bracelet Love
    Tennis Bracelet Love
    Pretty Princess Cut
    Pretty Princess Cut

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top