shape
carat
color
clarity

Favourite settings for a three-stone ring? What to consider for a 3-stone setting—pink sapphire, moissanite sides?

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

I posted a few days back about resetting my PC lab pink sapphire from Gene (thread here). My bf and I have finally decided that we'd like to do a three-stone setting, the oval sapphire in the middle flanked by colourless heart-shaped moissanite sides:

Capture d’écran 2022-03-11 à 18.03.36.png

The oval is 9.9 x 7.4 mm. We're deciding on the final dimensions for the hearts, and these are our options:

Capture d’écran 2022-03-14 à 09.47.02.png

My bf prefers the 4x4 mm as he says the other two might look "too big" on my hand—I'm a size 5 :D I'm okay with it, I did like the chubby 5x4s but he brings up a good point about it looking too big... I want to be able to wear it everyday hahaha.

So we've got the face of the ring... but now I don't know what to do about the profile! Poking around on Pinterest, I've found that I really like "trellis" 3-stone settings. I see some trellis settings that do without that bar running across the middle (side view middle) of the stone... I like that look, but does that affect stability of the ring in any way? I like the more "open" look of the setting. Some examples of what caught my eye below:
274713360_500743051565137_8133866985839730003_n.jpg

274649867_3485883494971690_8132647854595662424_n.jpg

I think they're beautiful and dainty, but I'm not sure if there are others I just maybe don't get to see?

I know I'm definitely not a fan of the "classic" straight basket kind of settings

setting_template_profile.jpeg

Are there any other considerations I need to take note of for the setting? I've never had a three-stone before—always been a solitaire gal—so I'm on unfamiliar territory!

I recall reading somewhere before that the height/angles of the side stones matter too? If they're too tucked it will hide away the sides, but you can also "raise" them to be on the same level so you can see all three stones? How do I go about that? I'd love to be able to tell that the side stones are hearts—of course, some compromise necessary since the clefts are small anyway and we'll mostly see the points of the hearts... but, you know what I mean. I hope. :lol:

Happy to hear any other suggestions or examples of your own three-stone rings for reference!! :kiss2:

Thanks all in advance!

Agreed about not liking the straight basket style setting. As for diamond side stone size, the 4x4 looks perfect. Your gorgeous pink sapphire ought to play the 'star of the show' and the side diamonds the 'supporting cast' or 'background dancers'. If the side diamonds are too prominent they detract from your lovely pink sapphire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results