shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite three stone setting with a 2 ct center?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I think I am going to go with the WF butterflies setting with 4mm i color side stones!

Your diamond is a K right?

I just want to point out that when I was looking for side stones for my diamond, which is a K/L color, I could very easily notice the color difference between my diamond and a GIA J color stone that I considered. So I would suggest that you try to compare your diamond to an I color side stone before proceeding.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
@AV_ VC’a work from what I have seen on his sight looks absolutely amazing. Impeccable attention to detail. His pieces are out of my price range, but I still admire.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't VC cut their own H&A?

I'd be happy to hear that their diamond buying clients tie up the workshop.

He does. Yeah, it's his perroagative- he didn't have any stones in my price range at the time. No issues here- I can find anyone to make a three stone. Now if I was going for an emilya halo, I would have considered a smaller stone and paid more for the setting.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond is a K right?

I just want to point out that when I was looking for side stones for my diamond, which is a K/L color, I could very easily notice the color difference between my diamond and a GIA J color stone that I considered. So I would suggest that you try to compare your diamond to an I color side stone before proceeding.

I'm sending my stone to WF and they are going to pick out sidestones to match it:) I think they will probably be i's or j's since my K faces up so white.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are right. I just thought they would still do a setting if someone was paying them for one.

It depends, they will do settings for some old cuts if they aren't overloaded with work.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sending my stone to WF and they are going to pick out sidestones to match it:) I think they will probably be i's or j's since my K faces up so white.
I wouldn’t be surprised if you got away with I stones too. I have a K also and the color doesn’t bother me one bit. I thought it would, but thankfully no.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my K too, and my diamond also "faces up" very white. I'm just saying the J that I compared it with was noticably less tinted and aesthetically it did not look fluid to my eyes. *shrug*. YMMV.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I love my K too, and my diamond also "faces up" very white. I'm just saying the J that I compared it with was noticably less tinted and aesthetically it did not look fluid to my eyes. *shrug*. YMMV.
I LOVE the stone in your avi!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash stones will face up color-wise just like your stone, so they likely would be matching J's or K's. It will make a difference as to whether your stone is a high K or low K, though. If a high K, they might be able to use J's. Like Dreamer, I do think I to K is too much of a gap when both are AGS graded.

I love a three stone and look forward to seeing yours completed! What size sides did you decide on?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not have any issue with a well-cut K color center (especially a CBI!) and I/J side stones. Whiteflash will not steer you wrong, I would trust them. It will look great!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash stones will face up color-wise just like your stone, so they likely would be matching J's or K's. It will make a difference as to whether your stone is a high K or low K, though. If a high K, they might be able to use J's. Like Dreamer, I do think I to K is too much of a gap when both are AGS graded.

I love a three stone and look forward to seeing yours completed! What size sides did you decide on?

4mm I think? WF will line some up so I can check...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous :love: What does that translate to in mm?

Someday I’d like to have an additional MRB three stone with proportions close to yours or really like this one that’s posted all over the place
29E4596E-012E-4125-8397-CA1D71AE1ECA.jpeg

Where can I find out more about this one?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone know if stuller has 3 stone round that sits flush by chance?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Do we have a 3 stone thread? I’d love to see some eye candy with three stones. Aside from solitaires that’s my next favorite setting.

I was looking at a well known large emerald today and while on my IG rabbit hole fell in love with an EC center with trillions flanking it. It was glorious!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results