Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite three stone setting with a 2 ct center?

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I think I am going to go with the WF butterflies setting with 4mm i color side stones!
Your diamond is a K right?

I just want to point out that when I was looking for side stones for my diamond, which is a K/L color, I could very easily notice the color difference between my diamond and a GIA J color stone that I considered. So I would suggest that you try to compare your diamond to an I color side stone before proceeding.

diamondsR4eVR

Shiny_Rock
@AV_ VC’a work from what I have seen on his sight looks absolutely amazing. Impeccable attention to detail. His pieces are out of my price range, but I still admire.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't VC cut their own H&A?

I'd be happy to hear that their diamond buying clients tie up the workshop.
He does. Yeah, it's his perroagative- he didn't have any stones in my price range at the time. No issues here- I can find anyone to make a three stone. Now if I was going for an emilya halo, I would have considered a smaller stone and paid more for the setting.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond is a K right?

I just want to point out that when I was looking for side stones for my diamond, which is a K/L color, I could very easily notice the color difference between my diamond and a GIA J color stone that I considered. So I would suggest that you try to compare your diamond to an I color side stone before proceeding.
I'm sending my stone to WF and they are going to pick out sidestones to match it:) I think they will probably be i's or j's since my K faces up so white.

diamondsR4eVR

Shiny_Rock
I'm sending my stone to WF and they are going to pick out sidestones to match it:) I think they will probably be i's or j's since my K faces up so white.
I wouldn’t be surprised if you got away with I stones too. I have a K also and the color doesn’t bother me one bit. I thought it would, but thankfully no.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash stones will face up color-wise just like your stone, so they likely would be matching J's or K's. It will make a difference as to whether your stone is a high K or low K, though. If a high K, they might be able to use J's. Like Dreamer, I do think I to K is too much of a gap when both are AGS graded.

I love a three stone and look forward to seeing yours completed! What size sides did you decide on?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not have any issue with a well-cut K color center (especially a CBI!) and I/J side stones. Whiteflash will not steer you wrong, I would trust them. It will look great!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash stones will face up color-wise just like your stone, so they likely would be matching J's or K's. It will make a difference as to whether your stone is a high K or low K, though. If a high K, they might be able to use J's. Like Dreamer, I do think I to K is too much of a gap when both are AGS graded.

I love a three stone and look forward to seeing yours completed! What size sides did you decide on?
4mm I think? WF will line some up so I can check...

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.