Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Other

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss|1321452758|3062882 said:
A quick ruby stack shot in the bathroom's yellow lighting! Once again, I really apologize for these bad cell phone photos!!!! I just know if I take DSLR photos, I am NEVER going to upload them. And we PSers want pics!!! :naughty:

love this one too.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Luv2sparkle, THANK YOU!!!!! Aaaack, your ring is starting to taunt meeee!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaaha!!!!! I feel like I must now shut my eyes to any gorgeous pave settings like yours for fear I will start to be swaaaaayed in the other direction. :naughty:

I love your story about your aunt! Awwwww, I remember loving bling from a very young age, too! My little M grabs my ring in the new setting and she never did it before. So maybe she likes it, too? :wavey: The old setting probably scared her! LOLOLOL

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could wear these two together but the eternity's diamonds start salivating because they want to chomp my prongs!!!

Sorry so blurry..lamenting the cloudy weather and bad cell phone cam! Soooo unflattering to diamonds!

AShot55.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never fear, Bliss, you are young and have plenty of time to change it again in a few years if you want to. But, for now, that is some gorgeous bling on your lovely tiny fingers!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Wow it looks beautiful! Can you provide the exact specs of what you got for the Vatche tiffany repro setting? For example, I think I see it taper a little towards the diamond? Are my eyes seeing things? :) I'm asking because I want what you have!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it looks small at all! Maybe it shrank a bit after having that huge blingy halo, but it's still HUUUUUGE, trust me Blissie! :naughty:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Shortee!!!! I don't think the width tapers at all but the knife gets POINTIER and more sharp as it gets closer to the center stone. I think that's why it looks like it tapers - a slight but nice optical illusion! I think this is Vatche's Tiffany repro so I didn't change a thing! I liked it exactly as it was. They make them for each stone so it's proportional. Yekutiel at ID Jewelry did everything else!!!! He also specified that the stone be set "very high" yet maintain the swoopy prongs that I love. They still "hug" the stone, which makes for a beautiful side view.

Good luck!!!! Keep us posted, please!!!!! I am excited for you!!!! I love this setting so much more than my first acme plat setting. That thing was a monster! I was always shy about the claw prongs and side view...it just looked very cheap to me from different angles. I held it side by side with this setting and the difference was huge. This one is liquid metal whereas the other one was like a sawed off shotgun! LOL - only way I can describe it!!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Lailaaaaaa!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!! I knew it would be a shock to see it without the bezel and halo, but I actually like it more now! It feels more Audrey Hepburn and less Liberace! :naughty: I like the daintiness of it and it makes me feel romantic! :love: I guess it also makes me feel like I took a big breath of fresh air since the diamond is FREE from it's huge cage of bling! Heehee. I actually feel relief when I look down on it!!! My lifestyle now is really about quiet elegance (hopefully) and the other ring didn't really fit my style anymore! When it comes to earrings, though... I'm all about the big bling!!! :naughty:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss, I love your threads!!! They are so informative; I always link your martini vs. 4 prong when people are trying to decide settings :D Can't wait to see what you decide you beautiful momma!!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I discovered this thread too late to comment on a favorite solitaire but am so glad you chose this one, and even more delighted that you've been so prompt in sharing the pictures! It's a classic and fluid look and really is lovely on your hand. Enjoy it :)) !

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(babynurse...what is going on with your two stones and settings???)

Wow, that is incredibly beautiful :love: ....really the best Tiffany repro, IMO! I'm seriously thinking about this setting for myself. I LOVE it with your thinner bands!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
BBBBBBBLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSS :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: it's perfect, totally more Audrey and less Liberace :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, it is gorgeous (and totally puts the Acme frankenprong to shame ;))

It is perfect, and now you can have super stacking fun :Up_to_something:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
It's magnificent! It's perfect! :love: :appl:

Your bands are beautiful too!! I especially like the one with smaller diamonds (yes, they compliment the size of your center stone perfectly!) and the ruby one (rubies :love: ). But all of them. Amazing.

This is what I felt you should do and I'm so glad it worked out for you! Congrats, Bliss! :))

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss|1321452465|3062879 said:
So Yekutiel did an awesome thing - he wrote set "very high" but also keep the swoop factor. They did it perfectly! It isn't too low, but it still has the "hugging" effect with the prongs. I also like how squatty and fat it looks from different profile angles. It was the perfect compromise!

Oh I missed this page, sorry. I LOVE YOUR RING!!!! It is so GORGEOUS!!! Congrats!!! Perfection!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
THANKS AGAIN, EVERYONE!!!

New pics are at the bottom of page 3!!!!

Sorry for the confusion, everyone! :wavey: After all of your help, I owed you an update, so I rushed them with my cell phone! :rodent: Thank you thank you thank you!

Luv2sparkle, thank you so much!!!!! I must look away from your lovely ring... must not be tempted!!!

Skippy!!!!!!! Your two diamonds are much more beautiful! Your sons are amazing gems!!!! The most beautiful I have EVER seen! I'm so glad my threads aren't too nutty with the details...and are of some help! I totally made it confusing and the pics are actually at the bottom of page 3 - sorry to be so confusing!!!! LOLOL... I didn't think it was worth a SMTR thread since I only had camera phone pics!!! Awwww, thank you!!!

baby nurse!!!!! I love your avatar! Are you really a baby nurse??? You are an angel, then!!!

Diamondseeker...you know you wanna! :naughty: I am so thrilled with this solitaire setting. I have tried so many on, but this one is the one I kept coming back to. Something about it... I just never get tired of looking at it. :love: I love yours, too!

Beeeellaaaaaa!!!! Frankenprongs!!! I know!!!!!!! That was insane, eh? I wish you could have seen them in person! You would have run screaming, "It's alliiiiive!!! It's ALIIIIIIIVE!!!" Hahahahahahaha! Hugs to you and your sweet family!

Imdanny, Mr. Elegance... thank you so much! I am already having a stacking party... Oh boy, what have I started? You like the ruby stack? I sure had fun with those pics!!! I'm dismayed about the big eternity because the girdles are so big, no spacer prevents them from scratching my prongs. Ack! Maybe I should just wear it alone! You helped me SO much, thank you!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well done. Simple and elegant. :appl:

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is absolutely stunning! I am so glad that you went back to a solitaire. Your halo definitely had a lot of presence but this is so much more elegant and classic. I never realized that Vatche made a Tiffany repro but it looks like sheer perfection. I love the swoopy prongs - the ring is just gorgeous and I'm so happy for you. I appreciate your efforts in taking the pictures with the little one in tow but this ring really needs a thread of its own in SMTR. I think there would be lots of folks that would like to consider this setting for themselves.

Truly lovely. . . . such a happy ending!! :appl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss, I think this avatar is very cute, too! I chose it because we have a bunny who looks just like this one :sun: .
Thank you for the lovely compliment! My last job as a nurse was on an OB unit where I spent most of my time looking after the babies; I was a "baby nurse" :)) . I'm at home full time with my own little ones but once my youngest is in school, I'll return to work.

DS, no news on my stones! I'm working on getting the AVR set but am really struggling with setting choices, which is why I was so interested in Bliss's lovely reset! I'm going to start a thread to get some ideas :shock: .

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Bliss, it is spectacular!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Dare I say I like it better than the original Tiffany? The Tiff shank gets a tad wide IMO for stones over 2 ct, but the proportions on your Vatche are just perfect. Congrats mama!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss, please when you get a chance post the new ring in Show Me the Bling! So few people are seeing the new ring because it is buried in this long thread! I think the pictures will help those looking for the best tiffany repro! I am 99% sure I am going with this setting because I LOVE the classic perfection of it with a beautiful diamond!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1322346139|3069238 said:
Bliss, please when you get a chance post the new ring in Show Me the Bling! So few people are seeing the new ring because it is buried in this long thread! I think the pictures will help those looking for the best tiffany repro! I am 99% sure I am going with this setting because I LOVE the classic perfection of it with a beautiful diamond!

YAAAAAY DIAMONDSEEKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: So happy you are deciding! You've helped me so much, I feel humbled and grateful that you think my mania over settings has helped you!

I will create a thread, pronto! Bad photos, though! :rodent: But I can always add dslr ones later... if I ever get around to it! :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss, I always loved the real Tiffany setting. I ended up with a Leon setting because I couldn't decide if any of the repros were close enough for me. I really liked the Leon setting but there were a couple of things I did not like, which I probably mentioned earlier in the thread. So eventually, I heard that GOG had a Tiffany repro, and I didn't pay much attention at first. But when I looked, I realized it was Vatche and I know what good quality their rings are. Once I saw a couple of rings in that setting, I thought that it looked like the best one. It helped to see yours because there are so few around, and that's why I think it will be great for you to start a new thread. I think your rings are perfect now! It is crazy for me to replace my setting, but I guess I am in good company around here since a lot of us try a few before we settle on the one we love most! :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1322366776|3069368 said:
Bliss, I always loved the real Tiffany setting. I ended up with a Leon setting because I couldn't decide if any of the repros were close enough for me. I really liked the Leon setting but there were a couple of things I did not like, which I probably mentioned earlier in the thread. So eventually, I heard that GOG had a Tiffany repro, and I didn't pay much attention at first. But when I looked, I realized it was Vatche and I know what good quality their rings are. Once I saw a couple of rings in that setting, I thought that it looked like the best one. It helped to see yours because there are so few around, and that's why I think it will be great for you to start a new thread. I think your rings are perfect now! It is crazy for me to replace my setting, but I guess I am in good company around here since a lot of us try a few before we settle on the one we love most! :lol:

DS, does that mean you've decided to keep your current stone and reset it in the Vatche repro?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
BLISS, thanks about my little dudes!!! hugs to you and your beautiful M! I would love to see your collection in SMTB! This gorgeous ring, your new diamond hoops and your dbty!!!! :appl: :love: please

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Bliss,

Thanks so much for posting your lovely photos! I didn't realize that Vatche makes a Tiffany reproduction either, and until the last few days, I have been too busy with work to spend time on PS trolling for more ideas or commenting on postings!

By the way, do you mind disclosing the size of the stones in your larger eternity band? I have been looking for a setting for my stone, which with Diamondseeker's encouragement :lol: , I bought last spring, but have not been able to find the perfect setting for it so that I can mix and match my new solitaire with my current collection. I am getting very impatient to wear this beauty, and if I could send it back to Yekutiel for him to set it, I could get it back in time to wear for Christmas!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OwiesNana...are you considering the Vatche Tiffany setting??? Obviously I love it since I have said so repeatedly! I think it is perfect to wear with various bands. That is exactly why I want it! I probably can't have multiple e-rings, but I can have multiple bands!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Bliss (or DS, if you know),

Which edge did you get for your Vatche setting?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
great reset!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
DS,

That is gorgeous! :love:

Edited post...put it in wrong thread! Sorry, Bliss!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results