• Tiffany Replica

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Other

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU AGAIN!

ImDanny! Cartier 1895....SWOON. Gorgeous! You have exquiiiiisite taste. Truly. Thanks for being such a prince! I love that setting!!!! It is pure elegance! I think I'm leaning toward the classic Tiff because I just miss that look. I had a temp setting when I got engaged and it was a baaaaad version of the classic Tiffany with horrible acme monster claw prongs. Somehow, I feel like doing it right this time will hit the spot!

You know, Yekutiel had designed and created a design that reminded me of the 1895. Let me see if I can post it. It was sooo nekkid, so delicate and exquisite in real life! :love:

NekkidRing.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Another of the nekkid ring head on. So lovely! It really popped in this setting. :love:

Hahaha, you can see the Me & Ro pouch in the background that I used to transport my beloved Scott Kay. Sigh!

NekkidRing2.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Luv2sparkle, I must not look at your fabulous ring of bling! It will make me long for a hand full of sparkles!!!! I loved the Scott Kay, too! Isn't it so funny how men are?!! I kind of liked it better when DH didn't have an opinion about my bling! I'm sure he wouldn't care if it was any other piece of jewelry. It actually makes picking the e-ring stressful! Never in my wildest dreams would DH have *recoiled* at the sight of a ring. If he had been a wildcat, he would have arched his back, hissed and showed his claws! No joke! LOL! Funniest thing ever!

Laila, pretty mama! I agree!!!!! The four prongs do look big, but somehow I didn't mind them. They do square off the stone! My preference is always 6 prongs but I made an exception for this one! Ahhhhh, so hard to choose! I love the RC as well but the band is too thick for me. I know that sounds bizarre since I loved the Scott Kay! In ID Jewelry, I got to see an 8 carat RB in the Vatche Royal Crown and it was DIVIIIIINE. They made it SWOOPY for that big a stone!!! Can you believe it???? The lady had the best story behind how her husband gave her the ring. 8 carats! Insane!!!!! Looked like a giant fiery crystal doorknob!

Beelllaa!! Those are gorgeous choices, thank you!!!!!! I love them all! I tried on the Swan yesterday and stared at it for the longest time and realized it's not for me. I tried so hard to love it on my hand but it just doesn't look as good on my hand! In the photos, it was my dream ring. So perfect. In person on my hand, not for me. Weird, eh? Just goes to show that you need to look at the settings in person and try them on. I mean, there were settings in the case I loved but not on the hand. Crazy! Hugs hugs hugs, thank you!

MissGotRocks, you understand exactly what I'm going through!!!! I had no idea it would be this hard. Funny how stressful this is! I'm used to just pointing, getting and walking out with the bling. This time, it's like being a MIDDLE MANAGER going back and forth between two parties. And one party is really picky, it seems! Who knew???? Who knew men saw monster balls, flying saucers and wings in our rings!?!??! Wonder what he thought of my halo? I shudder to think!!! Hahahaha. I should ask him for laughs. Wonder what colorful descriptions he'd come up with to describe it???? Laila's DH, too! Men!!! Too funny!!!

Diamondseeker, your set is TDF. The Trueste is divine. Why can't we have several e-rings??? I love how clean and elegant it is. I just know I'll miss the Tiff look eventually so I'm going with it this time! I never ever get tired of looking at your set. I actually got tired of looking at my halo, if you can believe it. I think the thing about clean classic designs is, they are always fascinating. I have gotten tired of many necklaces but I never get tired of my Tiff solitaire necklace. Or my WF DBTY. I think I will feel the same about this solitaire. Besides, your avatar has been taunting me for so long! :naughty: I must go back to my roots and be sated!

LittleRiver, you are the BEST! And I love love love your ring. It is fluid perfection. Liquid metal. Just lovely. THANK YOU for showing me that setting! I showed it to DH and he liked it! Hallelujah! The heavens opened up! So I told Yekutiel and he said, "Ah, well I have a 2.6 RB in that setting coming in Thursday!" So I went yesterday and gasp! Didn't love it! WHY WHY WHY??? The knife edge solitaire I saw with a 2.5 RB just POPPED more. I don't know why, but this 2.6 actually looked smaller. And I didn't like it without the knife edge. Why don't some en like knife edge settings?????!!!! LOLOLOL Yekutiel made a stabbing motion saying, "Ew, knife! Just...knife!" And DH was like, "Knife...ugh." I LOVE THE KNIFE EDGE! It makes the band look thinner and sleeker. It's why I like BMWs, they look sleek and edgy. I feel like the non-knife edge is more friendly looking like a VW Bug. They kind of smile, don't they? :cheeky:

Sandy Cheeks, I can't wait to ogle your Swan... I am always going to be envious of Swan owners. It is soooo lovely! Why didn't it look good on my hand?!?!? The Swan will live fondly in my fantasies of bling perfection! Ahhhhhh....oh thank you for the advice!

Amys Bling - yes!!! Double claw prongs with the Scott Kay! LOLOL.... Thank you!!!!! I think I'm going with the Vatche Tiff replica!!!!! Knife edge! DH says he needs to see it in person and Yekutiel says we can soften the knife edge if DH hates it. Win-win!!!!!

THANK YOU KIND PSers for your help! I really really needed it and you have helped me immensely!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: If you see any new settings, please keep sending them this way!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss|1320412091|3053768 said:
THANK YOU AGAIN!

ImDanny! Cartier 1895....SWOON. Gorgeous! You have exquiiiiisite taste. Truly. Thanks for being such a prince! I love that setting!!!! It is pure elegance! I think I'm leaning toward the classic Tiff because I just miss that look.

Yes, marvellous. Add that to my wish list.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon!!!!!!!! Ahhhh, the Niwakas are my favorite. I despair with you over all the settings we shall never own!!!!!! Why can't women get engaged every year with a new ring? :naughty:

HI:

Excellent premise but seems like an awful lot of "work".... :cheeky: :tongue: :devil:

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss - how exciting that you've made a choice! Now the question is: which Tiffany replica are you going with? Can't wait to see the ring - I'm sure it will be stunning!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yay!!! :appl: Thanks for your sweet comments!!! I do think there is a lot to say for the classic Tiffany look!

So are you saying that the Vatche Tiffany can be ordered with the knife edge band???!!! I am super excited to hear that if that is true! I saw the ring on the Good Old Gold site with a rounded shank, but the head looked good. And Vatche does such nice quality that I know it will be great! I cannot WAIT to see your ring!!!! :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Oooohhhhh....I love the nekkid ring from Y!!!!

I think the Vatche Tiff replica will look gorgeous with your diamond! I remember the Acme monster prongs and think this new ring will be a sweet reminder of your temp setting but with a gorgeous classic look (and no franken-prongs :cheeky: )

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Sharon!!!! I know, I know... it would be a lot of work but who's complaining? Not me! :naughty: And who would be shouldering the burden of all that "work?" Is this work as in travails of picking the ring or work as in how many gourmet meals I would have to make to (hahaha) soften the blow of an e-ring every year? *Puts apron on*

MissGotRocks!!!! Oh, I love your setting so much. I do. Maybe for an anniversary down the road? :love: Ahhh, I must be sated with this one! I'm getting the Vatche knife edge Tiff repro. It looks just like the SC one and I belieeeeve may be one and the same, according to a source who shall remain nameless.

Diamondseeker, YES!!!! The Vatche can be ordered with a knife edge! They can do whatever you want, actually! I will be your guinea pig!!!! It's been removed from the halo setting already, weighed and is with Vatche now. Squeeee!!! I get it in 2 weeks or less! Silly DH wants to get it and re-propose so hopefully he will do it again SOONER than later. He is a sentimental chum and I realize now more than ever how much this small sparkly symbol means to him. I was shocked at how picky he was about the setting! So was Yekutiel! Usually DH is like, "Whatever makes her happy makes me happy." NOT THIS TIME!!! Otherwise, I would be wearing that Scott Kay right now. :naughty:

It means a lot to me, too. I am SO happy to get this diamond back into a solitaire. Silly me for being bling greedy and changing it so soon after we got engaged into something so monstrous. I blame DSS! He actually meant for me to change it and gave me a temp setting when he proposed. But I totally changed it into something over the top that doesn't quite fit me anymore. And I truly miss the simple solitaire he gave me when he was just 27. Awwww!!! It reminds me of how young we were and how simple and pure the ring looked, just like our hearts and minds. Now, we're old cynical geezers! :mrgreen: Ha ha! I guess I'm a sentimental old fool, too!

Beeellaaaaaaa!!!!! Thank you!!!!!! I love that nekkid ring, too! It would be an awesome RHR!!!! That ring was a dazzler - just going crazy under the lights. Crazy nekkid diamond ring!!! I am so glad to be going back to a solitaire!!! I got so much attention and comments from the crazy halo ring, which was fun. But I am really glad to be going back to simpler living with a solitaire. It's just me.

LittleRiver, you keep tormenting me with your lovely solitaire!!!!! Your MM is a dream ring. So fluid. So beautiful. I love looking at ALL of his rings. If Yekutiel carried them, I would get one! If he were making the ring, I'd have it next week! But I have to wait because Vatche is making the ring. Tick tock! Tick tock! I am soooo excited! Thank you for the help! And YES, I think KittyGolightly's ring is made by Vatche! U113 is a Vatche style! They have different versions of the U_113, but they all have the signature head that I lurve. It is hard to tell, but her shank may be rounded? There are so many variations - knife knife edge, slight knife edge, rounded shank... Hers is a stunner! Looks so big!!! I am getting antsy waiting! I love her ring! Oh and Demelza's stunner was the catalyst for all this. Her SC ring was beyond gorgeous. :love: I love her current set, too!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!! :appl: I will come back with photos!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Here are two "videos" of the U113. They vary slightly, I think. One is more knife edge than the other? I may be mistaken.

I like this fun rotating tool!
http://www.questjewelers.com/index.php?page=engagement&action=detail&pID=765&category=19&metalType

And this one has a video - which doesn't showcase the setting as well as the real thing. I've seen the U113 for a 2.5 carat at Yekutiel's and it was freaking amazing with the swoopy prongs. Maybe this one has a smaller stone so it's straighter and more blocky in the prong area? Still, lovely!

http://vimeo.com/7239596

Hope this helps anyone looking for a plain solitaire setting! :wavey:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
The Vatche setting - I believe U113 knife edge. :love: Photo courtesy of HPD!

Attachments

• Vatche.bmp
    103.2 KB · Views: 782

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gonna be beautiful - I can't wait to see it finished! I truly had no idea that Vatche made a Tiff replica - and so interesting that it and the SC might be one in the same? They truly are both pretty spot on. I think you'd have to study them very carefully to find the difference between them and the real thing!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss|1320540414|3054909 said:
The Vatche setting - I believe U113 knife edge. :love: Photo courtesy of HPD!

Swoon! Love those 6 graceful, fluted prongs! :love:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Bliss I loved that Swan with the pave, but really now that I see this exquisite Vatche setting I think it is a much better choice for your big beautiful diamond and you will never get tired of it. It is just so classy and elegant and perfect!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: It's going to be GORGEOUS!!!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Bliss|1320412157|3053769 said:
Another of the nekkid ring head on. So lovely! It really popped in this setting. :love:

Nice! Thanks! :love:

Love what you've chosen!!! Congrats!!!! :appl:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!! :appl: After just one amazing week, Yekutiel had the ring back from Vatche!

I must first apologize for the horrid photos - taken while bouncing a dozing baby strapped to my chest in an Ergo carrier. Hahahaha, you moms will know how that is! They were all taken with my CELL PHONE CAMERA - the horror!!!!! But I couldn't leave you amazing ladies and gents hanging, not after you helped me SO much!

THANK YOU!!!!

AShot1.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I definitely feel like the diamond glows more and sparkles waaaay more now that it's free from the bezel halo setting!

AShot2.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
This is an insane look that I tried for fun. This look is actually blingier than my crazy halo set!

Strangely, DH seemed to like it. He said it looked like a wedding cake! Men!!!! So funny!

AShot3.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
So there is definitely something that must be mentioned. Size!!! When I first got the ring, I was surprised at how small the diamond looked compared to how it looked in the halo. I gave the box to DH because the sentimental guy wanted to re-propose with it. Anyway, he said later that my diamond looked "shockingly small." And he kept asking me if it was big enough for me. I said YES!!! Somehow, the diamond looks bigger to me because it sparkles so much more and POPS. But I know what DH means. Hey, it even prompted him to ask if I wanted an upgrade! I said...maybe in 20 years! It's all about saving for baby's college now! :love: Eeek, I read that by the time she's ready to go to college, tuition for four years will be near 400k!!!

AShot4.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
So Yekutiel did an awesome thing - he wrote set "very high" but also keep the swoop factor. They did it perfectly! It isn't too low, but it still has the "hugging" effect with the prongs. I also like how squatty and fat it looks from different profile angles. It was the perfect compromise!

AShot5.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
In the box... am still giggling over how DH said it looked so small when he opened the box. Maybe ladies who want an upgrade should halo, then go back to a solitaire after a few years! Hahahahahaha!!!

AShot6.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I love the "squatty" look of the profile...plain thin band with a rock on it. I really missed this look. Somehow, even though it looks similar to my old acme plat setting, this one just looks so much nicer. It just looks expensive and high quality from all angles. It sure feels like it on the finger, too. The Vatche setting is so worth it!!!

AShot7.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
A quick ruby stack shot in the bathroom's yellow lighting! Once again, I really apologize for these bad cell phone photos!!!! I just know if I take DSLR photos, I am NEVER going to upload them. And we PSers want pics!!! :naughty:

AShot8.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
A RLP shot in the gym... next shot will showcase my dirty sneaker! LOL... I ran when it rained and well, you will see the smears! Ooof! I'm a hot mess! LOL

I have a super thin .8mm spacer band from Etsy but I can't find it!!! :cheeky: It's so insanely small I probably lost it!

AShot9.jpg

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Distracting myself from doing crunches at the gym... like the rest of these photos, cell phone cam here! I can't wait until we get some SUN!!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! I am so happy! It's like scratching an itch that has been there forever! I just feel very sated and joyful about this ring. DH loves it, too! It just reminds me of when he put it on my finger when he was 27!!!! We were so young!!!! All the romantic memories I have from the proposal flood my memories when I look down at it. It evokes feelings of romance and looks like a true engagement ring to me now, not a cocktail ring that makes strangers gawk and comment. LOL - that was fun, too. But now that I am a mommy, I wanted simplicity. I feel like this flies under the radar and isn't a screaming e-ring like the last one, which was fun while it lasted! Yekutiel is putting a sapphire in it so I can still wear it on fun days! It is such a heavy well made custom plat setting, I can't let it go to waste either! :love:

I love love love this ring, thanks for your help!!!! This ring makes me feel giddy like the girl who got engaged in her twenties. Brings out the sentimental sap in me. :appl: THANK YOU!!!

AShot10.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss, I LOVE it!!! It looks perfect, and I especially love the look with your thinner eternity. It is just the look from the Cartier ads!
Have you seen that ad? It always makes my heart skip a beat every time I see it. I always have a moment of 'wish I would have done that'.

My earliest memory of bling was my dear aunt who wore a two carat stone on a plain band with a plain wedder. I used to sit at the breakfast table with her and 'wear' her ring for a minute. She had promised it to her other niece so I didn't inherit it, and I think I have always been chasing that bling! You ring with that thin band makes that look even better. It is quite perfect. That is funny to say since your halo always made my jaw drop!

Congratulations, so very perfect!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I missed the shots you just added. Love love love. Sigh... I will be looking at your pics a long time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results