shape
carat
color
clarity

Fave Signature Scent or Scents 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Butterfly, I had a friend who loved Tova, always got lots of compliments too.

I love the Hannae Mori, it is sweet and delicious. I have Child in a roll on, it is very cloying and Gardenia like to me, I do not love it on me but have loved it on other people.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2007 12:10:09 AM
Author: Gothgrrl
Patchouli. My mother calls me a hippie chick. LOL
LOL, my mother loves patchouli candles and sometimes even "perfume." She''s anything BUT a hippie chick, though, so I think it''s kind of funny. Maybe she''s reliving the youth she wanted to have by having that scent around? LOL!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, I don''t keep my fragrance in the fridge, I know some do, but I would be nervous of doing that.

My perfume protocol is to keep it in it''s box in a dark cool and dry place, preferably not in a bathroom as the humidity is said to not be good for it. Light can make fragrance turn, so keep it in the dark. A bedroom closet is a good place for storage.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2007 12:19:35 AM
Author: Cinderella
Omnia Crystalline by Bvlgari. Light floral scent. I wear it year round, as 2-3 spritzes make it light enough to wear during hot weather, and several more will make it more intense, but not overwhelming. Only scent I wear, and I''ve gotten countless compliments on it. Been stopped on the street several times asking what perfume I was using. Unfortunately, the scent only comes in EDT and not EDP, which makes it not last as long as I would like it to sometimes...other than that, love the scent.
I came very close to buying this today. It smells so good. However, I smelled so many fragrances in the store they all started to smell the same! I think I may get this next time I go shopping, and just smell it on it''s own without trying any others.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2007 12:19:03 AM
Author: Skippy123
I love Gap dream; it smells so clean. I also, love anything vanilla. I need to check out the vanilla recommendations
3.gif
Skippy, thank you for the recommendation. I was at Gap today and looked for this. I bought a small bottle for $10 and it does smell really clean! I"m wearing it right now.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2007 4:22:02 AM
Author: Lorelei
Monnie, I don''t keep my fragrance in the fridge, I know some do, but I would be nervous of doing that.

My perfume protocol is to keep it in it''s box in a dark cool and dry place, preferably not in a bathroom as the humidity is said to not be good for it. Light can make fragrance turn, so keep it in the dark. A bedroom closet is a good place for storage.
I didn''t know that. My, you are just full of facinating facts!
41.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
What a great thread!

My current faves are Pink Sugar by Aquolina and Baby Grace by Philosophy.

My mom took me to a day spa while I was visiting her a few weeks ago and I discovered Wish by Lollia. Like an idiot, I did not purchase it while I was at the spa. So, I have yet to actually own it. But I will. Soon.

31.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2007 5:40:16 PM
Author: diamondsrock

Date: 7/29/2007 12:19:35 AM
Author: Cinderella
Omnia Crystalline by Bvlgari. Light floral scent. I wear it year round, as 2-3 spritzes make it light enough to wear during hot weather, and several more will make it more intense, but not overwhelming. Only scent I wear, and I''ve gotten countless compliments on it. Been stopped on the street several times asking what perfume I was using. Unfortunately, the scent only comes in EDT and not EDP, which makes it not last as long as I would like it to sometimes...other than that, love the scent.
I came very close to buying this today. It smells so good. However, I smelled so many fragrances in the store they all started to smell the same! I think I may get this next time I go shopping, and just smell it on it''s own without trying any others.
I heard about this, and I tried it and it worked. When you want to go perfume shopping in person, and you want to try more than two scents, you need to bring a ziplock baggie of coffee (right out of the can, not made, just the ground coffee). After two perfumes, take a whiff of the coffee. The smell of coffee cleanses your nose''s palette and you are then able to truly smell the next perfume again. I do this when I shop for perfume and it works.

shay

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2007 8:03:12 PM
Author: Shay37
I heard about this, and I tried it and it worked. When you want to go perfume shopping in person, and you want to try more than two scents, you need to bring a ziplock baggie of coffee (right out of the can, not made, just the ground coffee). After two perfumes, take a whiff of the coffee. The smell of coffee cleanses your nose''s palette and you are then able to truly smell the next perfume again. I do this when I shop for perfume and it works.

shay
Hey Shay
35.gif

Thanks for the tip, although I rarely perfume shop, it''s good to know!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2007 5:41:21 PM
Author: diamondsrock

Date: 7/29/2007 12:19:03 AM
Author: Skippy123
I love Gap dream; it smells so clean. I also, love anything vanilla. I need to check out the vanilla recommendations
3.gif
Skippy, thank you for the recommendation. I was at Gap today and looked for this. I bought a small bottle for $10 and it does smell really clean! I'm wearing it right now.
Oh, good! I am glad you liked it; I always always get compliments on how clean and refreshing I smell. Plus it doesn't give me a headache since I am sensitive to sents. Yay, Diamondsrock!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2007 6:00:27 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/29/2007 4:22:02 AM
Monnie, I don't keep my fragrance in the fridge, I know some do, but I would be nervous of doing that.

My perfume protocol is to keep it in it's box in a dark cool and dry place, preferably not in a bathroom as the humidity is said to not be good for it. Light can make fragrance turn, so keep it in the dark. A bedroom closet is a good place for storage.
I didn't know that. My, you are just full of facinating facts!
41.gif
Hee hee
31.gif
I cringe when I see a perfume bottle on someone's dresser fully exposed to light, I want to grab it and wrap it up! I think because perfume contains a high amount of alcohol, heat and light can cause it to evaporate and therefore sour or turn the fragrance over time. I have seen this happen to perfume in fact, but I have never had this problem in all the years I have been a fragrance fiend as I keep it cool and dark. You will know if your perfume has turned, the liquid can look distinctly darker and more syrupy, it will smell differently too.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 3:48:00 AM

Hee hee
31.gif
I cringe when I see a perfume bottle on someone''s dresser fully exposed to light, I want to grab it and wrap it up! I think because perfume contains a high amount of alcohol, heat and light can cause it to evaporate and therefore sour or turn the fragrance over time. I have seen this happen to perfume in fact, but I have never had this problem in all the years I have been a fragrance fiend as I keep it cool and dark. You will know if your perfume has turned, the liquid can look distinctly darker and more syrupy, it will smell differently too.
Wellll, my does sit on a dresser right now....
yikes2.gif

I do wonder if over time it loses some of it''s "punch", but it''s never done what you''ve described.

*stuffing bottle in closet*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/30/2007 9:21:20 AM

Date: 7/30/2007 3:48:00 AM

Hee hee
31.gif
I cringe when I see a perfume bottle on someone''s dresser fully exposed to light, I want to grab it and wrap it up! I think because perfume contains a high amount of alcohol, heat and light can cause it to evaporate and therefore sour or turn the fragrance over time. I have seen this happen to perfume in fact, but I have never had this problem in all the years I have been a fragrance fiend as I keep it cool and dark. You will know if your perfume has turned, the liquid can look distinctly darker and more syrupy, it will smell differently too.
yikes2.gif

I do wonder if over time it loses some of it''s ''punch'', but it''s never done what you''ve described.

I should THINK so!! * stare*
11.gif
face20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 9:30:58 AM

Date: 7/30/2007 9:21:20 AM

yikes2.gif

I do wonder if over time it loses some of it''s ''punch'', but it''s never done what you''ve described.

I should THINK so!! * stare*
11.gif
face20.gif
creepaway3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see ya sneakin' off!!!
41.gif

lecture.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, I said I''d put it in the closet, no need to get violent!
handbags.gif

25.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei: Thanks indirectly for the advice about how to store perfumes. I bet you cringe if you came to my home because all of my fragrances are on the dresser.
6.gif
And I have noticed that at least two of them don''t smell the same as when I bought them not long ago. So....I need to go off and find an appropriate place to store them!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/30/2007 9:57:32 AM
Author: onedrop
Lorelei: Thanks indirectly for the advice about how to store perfumes. I bet you cringe if you came to my home because all of my fragrances are on the dresser.
6.gif
And I have noticed that at least two of them don't smell the same as when I bought them not long ago. So....I need to go off and find an appropriate place to store them!!
You ladies will thank me for this advice one day as your fragrances will be so much more enjoyable!
9.gif
16.gif
16.gif

* slinks off to apply steak to black eye a la Ellen!*

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 3 favorites this summer are:
Juicy
Sabi (by Henry Dunay)
Alien (by Thierry Mugler)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My favorites are:

Niki de Saint Phalle
Attraction by Lancome
Nantucket Briar by Crabtree & Evelyn
Bright Crystal by Versace
Vera Wang''s original
DKNY Green Apple

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/30/2007 12:11:27 PM
Author: aljdewey
My favorites are:

Niki de Saint Phalle
Attraction by Lancome
Nantucket Briar by Crabtree & Evelyn
Bright Crystal by Versace
Vera Wang''s original
DKNY Green Apple
I am going to have to try this..!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
My standby since I started wearing perfume (only a couple years ago) has been Heavenly from Victoria''s Secret. I find I can''t wear strong fruit/floral scents because they tend to aggravate my allergies, and I don''t like anything heavy or overpowering. I find Heavenly to be a great balance and it works really well w/ my body chemistry.

VS''s description:
Fragrance type: vanilla oriental
Top notes: quince, cardamon, wild ivy, mandarin
Middle notes: waterlily, white peony, freesia, iris,
violet, poppy
Low notes: white musk, sandalwood, orchid vanilla

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yoo hoo Julianna - has the precious elixir arrived yet????
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 10:36:55 AM
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Not yet, not yet. But she put it in the mail yesterday...so obviously I''m running home to the mailbox every day (even yesterday, as if she could have teleported it to my mailbox via black hole or something). I am not sure what state she''s in but I suppose I''d expect it by tomorrow. I can not wait, I am a huge "smell" person! I read a million reviews and everyone says it''s the best leather scent out there and that it''s very edgy and tough and glamorous and somewhat androgynous. LOVE!!

*fidget fidget*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2007 10:48:42 AM
Author: Julianna

Date: 7/31/2007 10:36:55 AM
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Not yet, not yet. But she put it in the mail yesterday...so obviously I'm running home to the mailbox every day (even yesterday, as if she could have teleported it to my mailbox via black hole or something). I am not sure what state she's in but I suppose I'd expect it by tomorrow. I can not wait, I am a huge 'smell' person! I read a million reviews and everyone says it's the best leather scent out there and that it's very edgy and tough and glamorous and somewhat androgynous. LOVE!!

*fidget fidget*
I bet you enjoyed the reviews, they get me going BIG time!! Trust me, it is the most wonderful thing you will ever smell, especially if you love leather scents...
3.gif

When you get it, give it some time as it alters a fair bit from the first sniff to the drydown....
I also think perfume sellers SHOULD be able to teleport their wares to us, I hate waiting!!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 10:58:56 AM

I bet you enjoyed the reviews, they get me going BIG time!! Trust me, it is the most wonderful thing you will ever smell, especially if you love leather scents...
3.gif

When you get it, give it some time as it alters a fair bit from the first sniff to the drydown....
I also think perfume sellers SHOULD be able to teleport their wares to us, I hate waiting!!
I''m totally going to do the five minute sniff, sniff it every five minutes until i get to the verrrry bottom of the vanilla. Or maybe every two minutes so I don''t miss any scents in between. Ah, the two minute sniff. Everyone at work will be looking at me like I''m insane.
19.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, you won't be able to stop sniffing it, it is so addictive! It is harsh and medicinal to begin with, then the tobacco comes out with a 'dry' note, similar to that found in Opium, then as it softens, the leathery glove aroma comes out, then that sticks around and then you smell the dried flowers ( like carnations) then the woody log fire base and vanilla - it is a really enjoyable ride....

I am wearing mine as I type.....
emangel.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 1:25:33 PM
Honestly, you won''t be able to stop sniffing it, it is so addictive! It is harsh and medicinal to begin with, then the tobacco comes out with a ''dry'' note, similar to that found in Opium, then as it softens, the leathery glove aroma comes out, then that sticks around and then you smell the dried flowers ( like carnations) then the woody log fire base and vanilla - it is a really enjoyable ride....

emangel.gif
Are you also getting paid by them??
9.gif
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2007 1:47:43 PM

Date: 7/31/2007 1:25:33 PM
Honestly, you won''t be able to stop sniffing it, it is so addictive! It is harsh and medicinal to begin with, then the tobacco comes out with a ''dry'' note, similar to that found in Opium, then as it softens, the leathery glove aroma comes out, then that sticks around and then you smell the dried flowers ( like carnations) then the woody log fire base and vanilla - it is a really enjoyable ride....

emangel.gif
Are you also getting paid by them??
9.gif
2.gif
Hehehe...No!! I should be!!! They could pay me with Tabac Blond parfum and I would be very happy - a huge bottle every couple of months would be good....

I hijacked your running emotie....

trotabout.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 1:52:21 PM

Hehehe...No!! I should be!!! They could pay me with Tabac Blond parfum and I would be very happy - a huge bottle every couple of months would be good....

I hijacked your running emotie....
lol Cute, isn''t it?

Seriously, they SHOULD pay you, you give such a wonderful, in depth description!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results