shape
carat
color
clarity

Fave Signature Scent or Scents 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, this Caron is an odd scent, the initial smell is of dried tobacco, a bit like cigars, then it dries down to creamy flowers burning on a wood fire, vanilla and soft leather, a fanciful description but it works!

For the Chanels, do you mean ones like Cuir de Russie? I would love to try that one....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 11:39:16 AM
Author: Jaders731

Yes Ellen, it smells sooo unbelievable...

I discovered in when I lived in upstate New York.. man.. in the fall with the apple harvest (which I was slightly obsessed with, would visit a different farm stand every weekend).. it was amazing.. to me.. its what fall should smell like... soooooo wonderful... you know that feeling on your cheeks when you walk outside for the first time on a chilly fall morning.. YEP.. thats what this scent is all about!!!
awww.. I miss the fall in NY... bummer.
Oh how funny, and apropo. Fall is my favorite season.
5.gif

Must check this out, thanks!

p.s. I just wanted to say, you have some of the prettiest wedding pics, what a beautiful bride you were.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 11:45:23 AM
Author: Lorelei
Ellen, did you ever locate the Elizabeth Arden Casual? I would be glad to search for you with the online perfume companies to try to find it if you still want it?
Yes, I did! PS owns Elizabeth Arden, and they both carried it. Then EA quit, and it''s just carried by PS now. I did have to order it online though...

But tank you anyway!!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I love Burberry London but it''s not as great for summer on me. Right now I''ve been wearing my Philosophy fragrances, especially pure grace and amazing grace, which I love.
Is there anywhere online where you can get samples of perfume instead of buying a whole bottle?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 12:41:53 PM
Author: diamondsrock
I love Burberry London but it's not as great for summer on me. Right now I've been wearing my Philosophy fragrances, especially pure grace and amazing grace, which I love.
Is there anywhere online where you can get samples of perfume instead of buying a whole bottle?
Yes there is, hang on - need to find the linky!

Here it is, she also does lots of hard to find fragrances.

http://fishbonefragrances.blogspot.com/

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 12:21:17 PM
Author: Ellen
Oh how funny, and apropo. Fall is my favorite season.
5.gif

Must check this out, thanks!

p.s. I just wanted to say, you have some of the prettiest wedding pics, what a beautiful bride you were.
2.gif

Awwww thanks... you are just the sweetest...
2.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
These days, I''m wearing L''Occitane''s Eau de Azur, which is mimosa. I also love Antonia''s Flowers a lot.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
My husband bought me Ralph Lauren "HOT" last summer for my Birthday, and I still LOVE IT, and wear it almost daily!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 12:09:51 PM
Sharon, this Caron is an odd scent, the initial smell is of dried tobacco, a bit like cigars, then it dries down to creamy flowers burning on a wood fire, vanilla and soft leather, a fanciful description but it works!
Lorelei, That description was so good, I fully intend to purchase some of this stuff! I found it a few places online for the unbelievably reasonable price...of about $200.00.

*looks in couch cushions* This might take a while...

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I have waaaaayyyy too many perfumes... over 30 of them (I dont know why... lol....)

Some of my favorites:

DKNY Green Apple (great summer fragrance!)
Calvin Klein Euphoria
Stella (perfume by Stella McCartney)
With Love (perfume by Hilary Duff) Funny, but soooo good!
Ralph Lauren Romance (I think I have gone through about 3 bottles of this stuff)
Vera Wang Princess
Versace Bright Crystal (also a good summer fragrance)

and more... but I cant remember them... those are the ones that I wear most often.

I have the Chanel Chance, but I dont like how it STRONG it is. Most of my other perfumes I spray about 2 to 3 times on my self (neck/chest area)... but with the Chance I feel like 1 spray is too strong... LOL

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 3:21:32 PM
Author: Julianna

Lorelei, That description was so good, I fully intend to purchase some of this stuff! I found it a few places online for the unbelievably reasonable price...of about $200.00.

*looks in couch cushions* This might take a while...
Julianna, for the price for the parfum extrait, it is SO WORTH IT although as expensive as heck - ! Just to do some more enabling here, the leather is so soft, like sniffing a pair of vintage leather gloves....It is spicy, smoky, leathery and dee - vine!!! You can always order a decant from the Fishbone linky, get the parfum not the edt!
11.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 9:20:39 AM

Date: 7/27/2007 9:10:56 AM
Author: onedrop
Lorelei: I used to love Cristalle! Went through at least two bottles. But I think somewhere along the way my body chemistry changed and it no longer works with my skin.
8.gif
I need to try Chanel No. 5 again, but again my body chemistry....Although it does smell wonderful on my Mom.

I think this year my signature scent is Annick Goutal La Chevrefeuille, which is a honeysuckle scent with green undertones....heavenly! I wore it for my wedding day, so it also has sentimental value to me. I have also worn Annick Goutal Petite Cherie a lot this year and hubby loves that one on me.
Onedrop, try the Cristalle in the EDP which is what I use, it smells a bit richer than the EDT and lasts well too.
Lorelei: Thanks for the tip! I never thought to try the Cristalle EDP and I should have known because to me most of the Chanel EDPs smell different than the EDTs.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

For the Chanels, do you mean ones like Cuir de Russie? I would love to try that one....
HI:

Of course I cannot recall the list/where I read about the Chanel revivals...but I do recall the Gardenia being amongst them.....and I love Gardenia.....

cheers--Sharon

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 12:41:53 PM
Author: diamondsrock
I love Burberry London but it''s not as great for summer on me. Right now I''ve been wearing my Philosophy fragrances, especially pure grace and amazing grace, which I love.

OH! How funny! I, too, am loving the Philosophy Pure Grace! GREAT for summer. I also love their "Falling in Love"... so light and fun.

And for fall and winter, I ADORE Burberry.

PS Lorelei, THANKS for that FUN linky!!!
30.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 3:43:21 PM

Julianna, for the price for the parfum extrait, it is SO WORTH IT although as expensive as heck - ! Just to do some more enabling here, the leather is so soft, like sniffing a pair of vintage leather gloves....It is spicy, smoky, leathery and dee - vine!!! You can always order a decant from the Fishbone linky, get the parfum not the edt!
11.gif
Done and done! As soon as she sends me the invoice, I am sending off for a decant of the parfum. Thanks for letting me know, I''d not have known which to buy. I will let you know if I love it when I get it. Which I''m sure I will!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am always glad to enable!
11.gif

I am wearing some now and will whet your appetite a bit more!

First sniff - tobacco/ cigars with the *dry* note that you get in Opium, then as it dries down, you get the vintage leathery smoky aroma with carnation type creamy flowers burning on the log fire....It is a complicated fragrance but so enjoyable, it is addictive!! It is the PERFECT fragrance to go with those foxy shoes you posted in the shoe thread Julianna!!! Tabac Blond rocks!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, I had Cuir de Russie and I gave it my mom, because it did not smell great on me. I can not usually wear dark amber colored perfume or oriental notes. I can only wear the lighter versions of Opium, not the original. But it might smell great with your chemistry...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2007 11:39:04 AM
Author: diamondfan
Lorelei, I had Cuir de Russie and I gave it my mom, because it did not smell great on me. I can not usually wear dark amber colored perfume or oriental notes. I can only wear the lighter versions of Opium, not the original. But it might smell great with your chemistry...
Ooooh - is it very leathery? I heard it was and that is another one I am going to try one day!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo she sent the invoice right away! Augh I can''t wait! Hopefully this is the best scent ever and I will be able to forsake all others. Right now the only ones I wear are Thierry Mugler Angel and Fresh Cannabis Santal, the latter of which is unisex but I think geared more toward men.

I''m off to the pool.
1.gif
Thanks again Lor, you''re the best.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2007 12:02:32 PM
Author: Julianna
Woohoo she sent the invoice right away! Augh I can''t wait! Hopefully this is the best scent ever and I will be able to forsake all others. Right now the only ones I wear are Thierry Mugler Angel and Fresh Cannabis Santal, the latter of which is unisex but I think geared more toward men.

I''m off to the pool.
1.gif
Thanks again Lor, you''re the best.
YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes about an hour or so to dry down and reveal the basenotes, so keep sniffing over time to get to know it, I will anxiously be awaiting it''s arrival and your verdict!

smiley.gif

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
My new fave is Versace Crystal Noir. Love it.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 5:24:19 PM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

Of course I cannot recall the list/where I read about the Chanel revivals...but I do recall the Gardenia being amongst them.....and I love Gardenia.....

cheers--Sharon

You''re right Sharon - Gardenia was one of them. I think No. 22 is also coming back. I couldn''t find any articles either!

I usually wear Chanel Chance. I do really want to get the new version of Chance the Au Fraiche (pardon my terrible French!) I think that''ll be great for summer!

My friend has this perfume that I love - I have no idea who it is by, but it''s called Ocean Dreams or something like that. It is YUMMY!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have both the original Vera Wang perfume and Princess. I love them both. I prefer the original one for everyday though
1.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
My staple perfume is Tova, which I always get compliments on, except I did notice that I just got a new bottle and it doesn''t seem to last as well.
I have always wanted to the Hanae Mori Butterfly perfume, but still haven''t picked it up.

Also, I would love to try CHILD but it is only sold at certain department stores and I don''t want to pay for and have to ship it back if I don''t like it. Someone was selling a bottle of it on another website and I should have picked it up, but I was too cheap to pay for it as I was afraid I would be stuck with a bottle of something I hate.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Annick Goutal Petite Cherie. LOVE it - it''s a light scent - not flowery, reminds me of pear almost, but not in the bath and body works kind of way.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I desperately need a new scent. In the past I''ve worn and loved Beautiful, Il Bacio (Borghese), Island Kiss (Escada). Recently I fell in love with Victoria''s Secret Angels Heavenly and Desire...I got some samples as a GWP around Christmas last year and found bottles on sale in store for $10 each. I need a perfume obsession like a hole in the head, I like smelling pretty but not for $100+ a bottle. I really don''t wear perfume often enough, so I feel like it starts to evaporate or go stale after a few months of just sitting on the dresser in the bedroom. Do you all keep yours in the fridge? I heard that was supposed to prolong the life of the perfume.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Patchouli. My mother calls me a hippie chick. LOL

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Gap dream; it smells so clean. I also, love anything vanilla. I need to check out the vanilla recommendations
3.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Omnia Crystalline by Bvlgari. Light floral scent. I wear it year round, as 2-3 spritzes make it light enough to wear during hot weather, and several more will make it more intense, but not overwhelming. Only scent I wear, and I''ve gotten countless compliments on it. Been stopped on the street several times asking what perfume I was using. Unfortunately, the scent only comes in EDT and not EDP, which makes it not last as long as I would like it to sometimes...other than that, love the scent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results