shape
carat
color
clarity

Fave Signature Scent or Scents 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Due to a new obsessive shocker to my wallet
6.gif
, I was thinking it is about time to have a new fragrance thread...

Mine are still my old faves of Chanel No 5, Cristalle, Caleche and 24 Fauborg, now a gorgeous Caron oldie which rocks my world, never smelled anything like this stuff before
3.gif

Ladies, what is in your '' scent stable?''
9.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Bought Chanel no 5 on a ferry crossing the Channel as a kid and every time I wear it, it brings back warm and fuzzy feelings again. So, it is my #1.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 7:51:46 AM
Author: justjulia
Bought Chanel no 5 on a ferry crossing the Channel as a kid and every time I wear it, it brings back warm and fuzzy feelings again. So, it is my #1.
That was how I got my first bottle of Number 5! To me, it is still lovely, but not as good as it used to be...
15.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
My old-standby is still Stella, by Stella McCartney.

However, after visiting Paris in February, I am addicted to Roger & Gallet''s Jean Marie Farina (Extra Vieille.) It''s totally opposite of the scents that I normally love. But it''s based on Aqua Mirabillis, the original cologne from the 1700''s.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bond No. 9's Scent of Peace! Oh god do I love this scent...

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
I wear CLEAN perfume...lwhich is actually how it smells. I love it!! I think the company that makes it is DLish...not sure though.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei: I used to love Cristalle! Went through at least two bottles. But I think somewhere along the way my body chemistry changed and it no longer works with my skin.
8.gif
I need to try Chanel No. 5 again, but again my body chemistry....Although it does smell wonderful on my Mom.

I think this year my signature scent is Annick Goutal La Chevrefeuille, which is a honeysuckle scent with green undertones....heavenly! I wore it for my wedding day, so it also has sentimental value to me. I have also worn Annick Goutal Petite Cherie a lot this year and hubby loves that one on me.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Black Cashmere, Donna Karan--more sandalwood-y and warm

Rouge by Hermes--floral and spicy

Opium by YSL--oriental spicy

Le Basier du Dragon, Cartier--oriental musk, patchatouli (don't have it yet but want it)

They're all in the same theme of spicy/oriental perfumes.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 6:12:40 AM
Author:Lorelei
6.gif

Mine are still my old faves of Chanel No 5, Cristalle, Caleche and 24 Fauborg, now a gorgeous Caron oldie which rocks my world, never smelled anything like this stuff before
3.gif

9.gif

Ooooo, I used to really like Nocturnes de Caron. I think there was also another Caron (Eau de Caron?) that had grapefruit, jasmine, and another flower I can''t think of in it that I really loved. They are both very soft, subtle fragrences.

Right now I''m wearing Betsey Johnson and Romance (not together!) and in fall I''ll switch back to Bucheron. I also used to wear Red Door and I always got complements when I wore it.

Betsy Johnson is the strongest perfume I wear -- it''s heavy when I first put it on, but it does lighten a bit later.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I am currently trying the new Light Blue from D&G -- LOVE IT! Very nice for hot summer days.

My old favorites are the wonderful Angel and her cousin Angel Innocent. I get compliments every freaking time I wear it...but now it seems that EVERYONE is wearing it. I like Beautiful, too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 9:10:56 AM
Author: onedrop
Lorelei: I used to love Cristalle! Went through at least two bottles. But I think somewhere along the way my body chemistry changed and it no longer works with my skin.
8.gif
I need to try Chanel No. 5 again, but again my body chemistry....Although it does smell wonderful on my Mom.

I think this year my signature scent is Annick Goutal La Chevrefeuille, which is a honeysuckle scent with green undertones....heavenly! I wore it for my wedding day, so it also has sentimental value to me. I have also worn Annick Goutal Petite Cherie a lot this year and hubby loves that one on me.
Onedrop, try the Cristalle in the EDP which is what I use, it smells a bit richer than the EDT and lasts well too.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta is too die for - I bought it for FI (who also loves it) for xmas and steal it most days. It''s unisex and was the scent that Audrey Hepburn wore.

I also like their Iris Nobile which is for women and I''m contemplating buying their Profumo which is very hard to find - so hard that I haven''t smelt it yet, but there is a bottle going for a very good price on ebay and I''m tempted to risk it based on my loving everything else they do. I like having scent that isn''t worn by every other person on the street.

My other favourites are the Colognes by Antica Pharmacia Santa Maria Novella - I always go there when I''m in Florence and I have their Iris and Ginestra ones which I love for spraying on sheets when I''m ironing and for after a bath at night. They''re a bit shortlasting for me for the daytime but smell so good.

I used to wear Gianfranco Ferre which was another very hard one to find, his others are more available, but it reminds me of an ex I''d rather forget!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 9:15:03 AM
Author: lumpkin

Date: 7/27/2007 6:12:40 AM
Author:Lorelei
6.gif

3.gif

9.gif

Ooooo, I used to really like Nocturnes de Caron. I think there was also another Caron (Eau de Caron?) that had grapefruit, jasmine, and another flower I can''t think of in it that I really loved. They are both very soft, subtle fragrences.

Right now I''m wearing Betsey Johnson and Romance (not together!) and in fall I''ll switch back to Bucheron. I also used to wear Red Door and I always got complements when I wore it.

Betsy Johnson is the strongest perfume I wear -- it''s heavy when I first put it on, but it does lighten a bit later.
Nocturnes is a lovely scent!! My fave Caron is the hard to get Tabac Blond - OMG this stuff.....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It isn''t in any way a demure perfume, and it takes some courage to wear it, but it is so glamorous! Oh me wallet!
39.gif

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Because its summer I am currently wearing L''Occitane''s Verbena Perfume... normally I wear Ralph Lauren''s Romance.. and in the fall sometimes I wear Henri Bendel''s Bourbon Vanilla (mmm... sooo yummy)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Summer is Casual by Paul Sebastian. A very clean, light, flowery smell. I get comps from men and women both on it, even strangers.

Winter is now Warm Vanilla Sugar by Bath n Body, which I found through a thread here. Yummy, slightly heavy.

I am so picky, most stuff smells horrible to me, I really hate perfume shopping. So when I find something, I latch onto it with a death grip til they quit making it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 10:00:15 AM
Author: Jaders731
Because its summer I am currently wearing L''Occitane''s Verbena Perfume... normally I wear Ralph Lauren''s Romance.. and in the fall sometimes I wear Henri Bendel''s Bourbon Vanilla (mmm... sooo yummy)
Oooh, that sounds good...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My all time favorite, Volage, was made for Nieman Marcus and has been discontinued, sob.
39.gif
I have been searching for years for a new favorite. I''m currently switching off between Prada, Coco Mademoiselle and Angel and also wear Light Blue when it''s really hot out.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
I wear either Channel Allure or New West by Aramis.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 10:14:26 AM
Author: Catmom
My all time favorite, Volage, was made for Nieman Marcus and has been discontinued, sob.
39.gif
I have been searching for years for a new favorite. I''m currently switching off between Prada, Coco Mademoiselle and Angel and also wear Light Blue when it''s really hot out.
Don''t you HATE that??
29.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bond no. 9 New York Fling, it''s light but substantial enough to wear it year round. I also tend to switch off between Chanel Chance and Guerlaine Samsara.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Jhivago, the summer Opuim that I got that has citrus, I love a lot of things that have citrus or sweet smells to them. I also love Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs and the new Juicy perfume too...

L. I must try the Caron one, sounds delish!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 10:49:18 AM
Author: diamondfan
I love Jhivago, the summer Opuim that I got that has citrus, I love a lot of things that have citrus or sweet smells to them. I also love Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs and the new Juicy perfume too...

L. I must try the Caron one, sounds delish!
DF you MUST try it!!!! It is fabulous....
emsmilep.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I wear Chanel No 5, too. I also love Pure Tiffany. It is a light scent that is perfect for summer.

Elise

Rough_Rock
What a great thread! My obsession for perfumes has since shifte to an obsession for jewelry but these are my old favourites.

Fleur de Rocaille by Caron - apparently (according to the sales person who sold it to me) it''s the "scent" in Scent of a Woman

Herba Fresca by Guerlain - light and fresh for summer

Dior Addict No. 2 - fresh fruity and girly

Boudoir by Vivienne Westwood - intoxicating, really makes you understand why it is called what it is

Ce Soir Ou Jamiais by Annick Goutal - don''t understand French but I think it means tonight or never. Wonderful night scent of roses and red wine.

Lalique by Lalique - classic, work type scent

Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden - for days when I need a fresh, clean, uncomplicated scent

Papillon by L''artisan Perfumier - wondeful elegant "white" jasmine scent that gets compliments all the time

Forgive the bad French spelling, I''m trying to recite all this from memory...

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 10:06:13 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/27/2007 10:00:15 AM
Author: Jaders731
Oooh, that sounds good...

Yes Ellen, it smells sooo unbelievable...

I discovered in when I lived in upstate New York.. man.. in the fall with the apple harvest (which I was slightly obsessed with, would visit a different farm stand every weekend).. it was amazing.. to me.. its what fall should smell like... soooooo wonderful... you know that feeling on your cheeks when you walk outside for the first time on a chilly fall morning.. YEP.. thats what this scent is all about!!!
awww.. I miss the fall in NY... bummer.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, did you ever locate the Elizabeth Arden Casual? I would be glad to search for you with the online perfume companies to try to find it if you still want it?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 8:09:49 AM
Author: neatfreak
Bond No. 9''s Scent of Peace! Oh god do I love this scent...
ME TOO!!!!! Tipped off from this forum. I think it''s the most expensive bottle of perfume I''ve ever bought, but also the only one that I think I''ll actually finish. I still love L''eau d''Issey (Issey Miyake), but SOP is my love love love everday scent
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''m still addicted to bond no. 9 chelsea flowers.
other faves include chanel no 5 and chanel mademoiselle and surprise, chanel chance.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 11:51:46 AM
Author: jcrow
i'm still addicted to bond no. 9 chelsea flowers.
other faves include chanel no 5 and chanel mademoiselle and surprise, chanel chance.
I have tried and tried that one and can't get on with it, it smells terrible on me...EDP and EDT
40.gif
Good for you if you can wear it JC! I remember you loving the Chelsea flowers from other years fragrance threads and I always think of you if I hear of it, must try it one day!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great thread LL!! I must try and find that Caron you speak of, since I love Caliche, I might like this choice of yours too! I also had a sample of Betsy Johnson and really liked it, and could probalby have a bottle of that "Lovely" if someone would get me one.....LOL
9.gif

BTW, I am obsessed with fragrances that have Tuberose in them. I''ve worn Micheal Kors, and Marc Jacob, and found one by Tocca that is OK, but am on the hunt for the "ultimate" scent hheehhee. I''ve read that Serge Lutens makes such a fragrance, but I think it is available in France only. Has anyone ever seen Tubereuse Criminelle by Serge Lutens????? And, has anyone worn the "new" "old" scents by Chanel (old standby''s brought back in limited edition)?

Presently I wear:

Hypnotic by Lancome
Chinatown and NYC by Bond #9
Bucheron
Amber Nude by Tom Ford for EL

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results