shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy yellow diamond halo from ERD

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I am so excited to share this fancy yellow diamond halo from ERD! This is a reset of my original half carat diamond that my husband gave me during college. For our 15th Anniversary, he offered to upgrade the diamond, or reset it. (It was previously reset unsuccessfully.) I decided to keep the diamond as it has seen us through thick and thin. The metal is 18K YG and 950 platinum with ruthenium. The ring was made via CAD/cast.

Chris at ERD did a great job with this ring. The halo is a perfect fit to my diamond, and the prongs are beautiful and delicate. The shank tapers towards the stone, which I love.

I am so happy to finally have my first successful jewelry project. I want to thank the following people for helping me with this project: Chrono, Niel, iluvshinythings, junebug17, deskjocky, tyty333, enerchi, Scarlett1, sonyachancs, emmmme, Chel180, sarahbear, Freke, Yssie. I also have to thank LD, TL, and Kenny of the CS forum for teaching me about CSs.

Here is how this developed:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-help-with-cads-from-erd.193281/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-help-with-cads-from-erd.193281/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-vote-on-my-reset-from-erd.193344/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-vote-on-my-reset-from-erd.193344/[/URL]
I also started this thread to help me decide on ERD. I hope you have enjoyed it:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-erd-brilliantly-engaged-thread.192763/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-erd-brilliantly-engaged-thread.192763/[/URL]

The eternity ring is from BevK, from my 13th Anniversary. The YG wedding ring is my original wedding ring.

Thank you for looking!

img_2298_crop.jpg

img_2291_crop.jpg

img_2295_crop.jpg

img_2312_smaller.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Here are my attempts of some flower shots. These were taken at night under incandescent light, unlike the pics above. The last one is with my red spinel, again under incandescent light.

img_2328_crop.jpg

img_2333_crop.jpg

img_2356_crop.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it's beautiful preg! More pictures please!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :appl: :appl: It turned out perfectly!! I hope you think so too! I love the colored stone halo but even more I think I love the fancy basket with the leaves or flower petals or w/e!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Colored halos are stunning!! I love your ring! :love: :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was JUST thinking about this ring the other say ceased wondering about the progress.

It's so much perfection. I love the length of the side diamonds down the shank, the choice of cushion halo was such a good idea. It also looks so well proportioned. And the detailing is great!
Love love love love.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty and graceful - lovely proportions - and looks so wonderful on your finger - enjoy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How wonderful! :love:

cheers--Sharon

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings :love: . ERD did a great job!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the gallery in the profile shot. I'm such a sucker for a nice detailed gallery.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous idea! Gorgeous!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful - gorgeous profile! I love the way it ties into both your eternity and yg wedding band.
Wear it in health and happiness, I know you've wanted to change your ering for a long time :))

Does this mean you have a spare setting (which I've always loved) for a CS? :Up_to_something:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh beautiful preg!!! The yellow and white combination turned out wonderfully :appl: :appl: :appl:

Can we get some pics of the profile?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Freke, distracts, kalomeli, Niel, marymm, Sharon, SparklyOEC, Minou, Aprilbaby, Starzin and Yssie.

Minou, the leaf gallery was Chris' idea. I think Chrono suggested to make it more curved, as you see it now.

Starzin, thanks for noticing how it ties in both rings. That was my hope. It looks best with my eternity band, almost like a set but not matchy. There is a donut that adds the space that you see, which I really like. It looks just okay with my wedding band alone.

The empty setting is here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thanks-to-quest-jewelers-for-my-reset.163316/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thanks-to-quest-jewelers-for-my-reset.163316/[/URL]
I'm not sure what to do with it. I've solicited ideas for it before, but nothing really struck me. I might sell it, but I'm not sure.

I'll try take more pictures, but it might take me a week or so.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm so excited to see this!!! I've been waiting not so patiently lol - it's GORGEOUS precurious! I really really love everything about it, the gallery is amazing and I love the combination of yellow and white - and the finger coverage :love: !! ERD did a fabulous job in making your dream into a reality, it couldn't look more perfect on you! Many congrats! :appl:

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
it is so beautiful, especially that basket. and that grouping with your eternity and wb really makes that yellow halo pop :love: ! I'm not usually a fan of mixing metals (which is causing me some headache with planning my set) but this is so encouraging..

do you wear all three rings together? or just two at a time?

eta:

that old setting - how about popping a ruby in it? I like the scattered diamonds and the yellow gold, and I think something really deep and mysterious would look great in it!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
I missed your previous posts about your reset journey. ERD is great to work with...and glad it all worked out for you.

Your ring turned our amazing. Love love love the yellow diamond halo and delicate gallery! Enjoy your ring and keep posting lovely photos!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful :love: I love the yellow halo!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful!!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Starzin, thanks for noticing how it ties in both rings. That was my hope. It looks best with my eternity band, almost like a set but not matchy. There is a donut that adds the space that you see, which I really like. It looks just okay with my wedding band alone.
Then I think you've succeeded admirably! It looks right at home with both rings.
Sonya said:
that old setting - how about popping a ruby in it? I like the scattered diamonds and the yellow gold, and I think something really deep and mysterious would look great in it!
I agree! :Up_to_something:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks lovely on your hand - oh my!!!!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous!!! I absolutely love this ring :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous pregcurious! I'm so happy you finally got your yellow halo ring. :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Junebug17, sonyachancs, MrsM, diamondseeker, motownmama, Scarlett1, Catmom, and derbygal.

Sonyachancs, I'm not usually a big fan of mixing metals either, but I had to find someway to marry my YG band with white metal because that latter is my preference. I will try to post some pics with the ring just with YG.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! But then again I am biased when it comes to fancy colored bling! :D

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. Acebruin.

Sonyachancs, I haven't decided how to wear the rings but here are more picks with the YG band:

img_3432.jpg

img_3433.jpg

img_3434.jpg

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! It is sooooooo unique and just fairy tale dreamy looking! I have never seen anything like it, and I really like how the yellow halo complements any yellow gold you wear too - my favorite ring combo is the diamond band with the yellow gold in the middle and then the e-ring - just stunning!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is stunning, preg! I love the fancy yellow halo mixed with the white metal. :love:

My favorite combination for your rings is the middle one:
halo-yellow gold band-diamond band. Perfection!!!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
armywife13|1391096489|3604162 said:
It is stunning, preg! I love the fancy yellow halo mixed with the white metal. :love:

My favorite combination for your rings is the middle one:
halo-yellow gold band-diamond band. Perfection!!!
+1 Looks amazing stacked like this :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results