shape
carat
color
clarity

Please vote on my reset from ERD

Please help me figure out reset w/CADs

• 1. Plain shank.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • 2. Shank with engraving and tiny inset diamonds.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 3. Shank with white melee.

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • 4. Shank with white melee and YG wrap.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 5. Shank with engraving and YG wrap.

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I am resetting a half carat white diamond in a cushion halo with fancy yellow melee. I am undecided about the shank. Please help me decide by voting and putting down your thoughts. I know I should get what I like, but sometimes I live with something for a while, and I realize something I did not originally. I am hoping you guys can help be see the designs for what they are before one is created and I cannot go back.

More info is here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-help-with-cads-from-erd.193281/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-help-with-cads-from-erd.193281/[/URL]

I am wearing it with a WG eternity ring with milgrain (anniversary ring), or a plain half dome YG band (wedding band)

091013_0.jpg

091013_y7_0.jpg

bevk155po18_1.jpg

halfdomeyg.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Last 3 options:

091013_y7_1.jpg

091013_y7_leavescuff.jpg

091013_y7_melee_0.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
No. 5. I like carrying the yellow diamonds down onto the shank, though could go for No. 2 with the inset white diamonds, which would go with your band well. CADs make every contrast more so than IRL, & could be true here, but the contrast of ornate head & yg with a plain wg shank jars me a little. It's gonna be lovely, whatever you choose.

--- Laurie

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I like a lot of the elements... I went with 3 because I think it would coordinate with your diamond band really nicely, but think it would be really cool to add the little gold cuff, or something, to that design. Maybe a chevron shaped one to follow the design of the migrain you drew in there?

I love love love engraving, too. Hard choice!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
deskjockey|1379090701|3520157 said:
I like a lot of the elements... I went with 3 because I think it would coordinate with your diamond band really nicely, but think it would be really cool to add the little gold cuff, or something, to that design. Maybe a chevron shaped one to follow the design of the migrain you drew in there?

I love love love engraving, too. Hard choice!

Hmm, chevron shaped wrap...good idea. How would it go around the ring? Would it be a V on each side of the shank, or a V on the top of the shank that just continues so it's an angled line on the sides of the shank?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1379090292|3520147 said:
No. 5. I like carrying the yellow diamonds down onto the shank, though could go for No. 2 with the inset white diamonds, which would go with your band well. CADs make every contrast more so than IRL, & could be true here, but the contrast of ornate head & yg with a plain wg shank jars me a little. It's gonna be lovely, whatever you choose.

--- Laurie

Hi Laurie, did you mean number 3 but with yellow melee?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could alter this poll...I've decided against the plain shank (option 1), and am leaning towards option 3 and option 5. I feel like option 4 is too much to go with the other rings, and option 2 doesn't really match anything.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Preg, I was thinking white melee would go with your diamond band, but yellow would be nice too. I still like #5 best, though. 4 & 3 with larger melee seem a little too much, with all the pretty stuff on the head. I like the idea of engraving.

Are you still going to use that wonderful leaf design on the gallery? I love it!!

--- Laurie

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 is my first choice...5 is my second

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love 4! I like the idea of bringing the colourless melee into the shank and then the YG milgrain wrap on the shank ties in w the halo above. To me, that's a well balanced design that marries both "top and bottom" together very well.

All look lovely, so no matter what, you will have a GORGEOUS ring!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
I like no 3+4 but with the gold wrap slightly higher, i.e not as many diamonds on shank so you will see the wrap detail when on, if that makes sense. Your ring is going to look stunning whichever choice you make. Good luck

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like 5 for various reasons:
1. Allows the halo to be the star centerpiece
2. Engraving is subtle yet antique in feel
3. The yellow cuffs ties the gold halo design together.

My only change will be to move the cuffs higher up. It will not only be more comfortable to wear, but also be more visible. The cuffs might rub the adjacent fingers as it is now, being that low on the shank.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone, that was very helpful. It was especially interesting to hear peoples' reasons for voting for one thing or another. I especially appreciate the comments about the wraps. I would not have thought about putting the wraps higher up to be visible, and not rub against the adjacent fingers (thanks Scarlett and Chrono).

Laurie, I think I'll keep the leaves in the gallery.

Coming into this, I liked the idea of 3 the best. My concern, however is that it might be difficult have it executed so it matches perfectly. I feel like it could end up a little off (e.g. size of melee, size of milgrain) and it would bother me. I also think it might be more interesting to not be so matchy matchy.

I am now leaving towards 5; having an engraved shank ering with an eternity band reminds me of the picture below that I've had in my inspiration folder.

I am going to sit on it, and maybe even go out and try some rings next weekend before making a final decision.

img_9052.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results