shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Nail Colors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 10:45:37 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Cool show EC!! Nifty colors!!! Love that MAC color change polish.....

cheers--Sharon
Ditto! You have the coolest nails ECF!!!! Yay for the nail polish show!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everybody! Last years nail thread got me started... and that''s where I''ve been most of the time (nail board). But I miss being here too!

I used my Russian Navy again today too - I LOVE this color!

IMG_8638-1.JPG

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And with flash and "bling"!
1.gif

IMG_8712-1.JPG

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last russian Navy, this time w/ flash that shows the pink and blue sparkles in it!

IMG_8666-1.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, it looks great on you ecf...love the bling shot too!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me like that Russian Navy very much, great shots EC!!! We do miss you here and it is great to see you back!
35.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2007 11:31:47 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Thanks... I "had to" include it! I think a nicely done darker color really makes a diamond "pop"! Good to see you, mrs s!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2007 11:38:30 AM
Author: Lorelei
Me like that Russian Navy very much, great shots EC!!! We do miss you here and it is great to see you back!
35.gif

35.gif
Hi back, dear! I''ve missed you too - it''s VERY nice to back amongst familiar faces!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I received my two OPI colors today. I ordered I''ve Red the Script and No Autographs Please. I LOVE them!!! Can''t wait to have my nails done.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just looked through my dark colors.

I have chanel black satin and noir ceramic. I also have Yves St Laurent #4, a dark by Mac called Vintage Vamp (Chanel rip off) Bobbi Brown velvet, Nars Chinatown and Cerise by T LeClerc. All of these are varying shades of plummy black cherry blackish and all are pretty, just not sure which is best on my skin. I have a party Sat night and I will be wearing one of these colors on my hands. On toes I might do it too, but plan on wearing dark opaques with my cocktail dress and the toes will not really show.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I also have the OPI - Russian Navy and Who Are you Wearing. I find that unless I am in the light most of the time these colors look the same. I like the Navy a bit more. I wear my nails really short and I get comments on the polish all the time. Last year I wore Essie - Wicked and After Sex all the time. I think this winter I''m going to stay mostly to the Navy except around the holidays when I''ll probably switch to a red color.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too, I am saving the red for the holidays. It is a gorgeous color. Love it!!! My nails are short too.

Linda

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 9:41:34 PM
Author: ecf8503
Date: 10/27/2007 11:31:47 AM
Author: mrssalvo
Thanks... I ''had to'' include it! I think a nicely done darker color really makes a diamond ''pop''!
So true. And that Russian Navy is kinda SAPPHIRE-like, and we all know how classic a combo they make with DIAMONDS! The Navy just seems Deco to me and I can''t wait to try it. Probs will have to order online if I can find it at the maul place that has better polishes. Squee: a weekend project!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I got my Russian navy and applied it last Friday, and have to say it lasted all up through Halloween - and its such a cool, classy looking color.
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where''s the best place to pre-order the new Chanel Navy??? Ideas?? Hopefully I''ll find Russian Navy soon to scratch this Navy I-T-C-H.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I went to the beauty supply store looking for Russian Navy and (as expected), they were sold out.

I did pick up a new Fall color which is sort of a dark crimson berry that I really love...OPI''s Suzi Loves Sydney. I went to lunch with a friend today and before even saying hello, she commented on my polish.

I''ve not had a chance to take a picture of it, but here it is borrowed from a beauty site.

suzi.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Giada,

That is a pretty color.

Linda

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just caught up with this thread. I love all the colors that have been posted. Gorgeous! I have small hands and short fingers, and I''ve never felt that really dark colors look great. I wish they did though, since I love them. Maybe it would be okay for weekend wear.

What did you/are you going to wear for your wedding? I''m not a huge fan of the french manicure for some reason...at least on me. It could be because I''ve never gotten it professionally done at a salon. Anyway, I''m wondering what to do with my nails and toes for my wedding. Any suggestions? It''s a daytime, summer wedding.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Here is Essie "Lady Godiva". It is the deepest, darkest chocolate color. I love it for evening!

Lady Godiva.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Giada,

That looks beautiful on your hand, especial with your drop dead gorgeous ring!!!!
30.gif

Linda

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2007 4:06:36 PM
Author: Linda W
Giada,

That looks beautiful on your hand, especial with your drop dead gorgeous ring!!!!
30.gif

Linda
HI:

Agreed!!

cheers--Sharon

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2007 3:27:51 PM
Author: Giada
Here is Essie ''Lady Godiva''. It is the deepest, darkest chocolate color. I love it for evening!

That combo looks GREAT!!!!!!! Beauiful ring, and a very nice mani! I have Lady Godiva too... I think I need to break it out......
3.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another question regarding colors...

What types of colors do you think work best with pale skin tone and short fingers? I have small hands and anytime I''ve tried on really dark polish, it makes my fingers look even shorter than they already are. I don''t know, maybe I just have to keep looking for the right shade.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
zoe, that is the nature of the dark polish i think. it is a totally different look than pale polish. the dark polish defines the nails and yes if you have short fingers or nail beds, it will point it out. i have longer fingers but short nail beds, and i don''t think that dark polish makes me look all that fabulous but i still like it!! so i wear it anyway.

giada, i am wearing lady godiva now too, love it. also on my toes last pedicure i got OPI''s ''oh to be 25 again'' and i love it! it''s like a super dark burgundy with shades of brown in it. so it''s not like the uber dark chocolate browns but more a dark rich burgundy brown. it might be good for those who don''t want to go totally ''mod'' with the browns and blues, it still has a bit of a traditional feel to it. great for xmas i think. i def want to get that at the store next time i go.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/11/2007 12:42:04 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Here''s another question regarding colors...

What types of colors do you think work best with pale skin tone and short fingers? I have small hands and anytime I''ve tried on really dark polish, it makes my fingers look even shorter than they already are. I don''t know, maybe I just have to keep looking for the right shade.
Thank you all for the compliments! I''m really loving the Lady Godiva and it stays on for 3-4 days without chips. (with Seche Vite top coat)

ZB- I have small hands as well. I find that shaping my nails with a little bit of a rounded corner helps to elongate my fingers quite well. If I file my nails into a square shape, my fingers look stubby.

In the winter, I use L''Oreal Sublime Bronze Self Tanner for Face on my hands for a little subtle color. Just a hint of color to the skin on hands helps carry the dark polish better and avoid the vampire look. I''ve tried using the regular body version of this tanner and I get streaks on my hands. The "Face" version does much better on hands for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results