shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Nail Colors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladies,

What are your favorite nail colors for fall??? I need some ideas.

Linda

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I just saw a piece on the internet last night. The recommendations were to match fingernails with lips and that they are to be more bolder. They said think Christina Aguilara and Dita V. for inspiration. Then they showed bright red lips and dark berry lips and matching nails. That look is ALL about the lips,
emlips.gif
isn't it? I guess it is the matching thing they were focusing on ...whereas your question is primarliy nails.

Will see if I can locate it for you later tonight.

DKS

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well gee, now they are matching again??? Last time I heard they weren''t matching. ha haha.

Thank you so much DKS.

Linda

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
In my area, they''re doing matte berry colors. No more metallics. They''re also doing the matching lip. The other look I''ve been seeing is barely there nail color. Oh, and I''ve been seeing blue again. (I''ve never liked that look)
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I was in Macys yesterday, I walked up to the MAC counter. The saleslady said black polish was "in" and I should buy some, ha ha ha ha. I said you mean for Halloween? She said no for everyday wear. I told her no thank you.
14.gif

Linda

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Yes Linda! I''ve noticed the "black" nail trend also! Actually, I saw it in a few magazines. I went to Macys to check out the nail polish and I was baffled that BLACK was SOLD OUT at nearly ALL of the beauty counters! Wow!

But I do have to say, I kind of like the short black nail look....long black nails remind me too much of Elvira or Morticia Addams
41.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ick, I am too old for black nails, except for halloween. My grandboys would have fun calling me a Witch, ha haha

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do like dark for special nights. But nails must be short!! It looks too witchy...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been wearing a super dark cocoa brown for about a week but am about to change it up (chip-city). The Hershey Spa calls in "Fondue Memories"??? And it was their most popular color recently ... ala Chanel "Vamp".

I want to find an equally deep dark intense NAVY polish. If someone spies that hollar, ya hear??

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Found a pix!
1.gif
(bonus bling included)

deconailpix.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
deco~ I saw a dark navy in OPI Russian collection. It's called Russian Navy.

And, in OPI Chicago collection there's a really deep purple called Lincoln Park After Dark.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hummmmmm, I think I will stay with the berry colors, or rose colors. tee hee.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco,

Love the bling shot though, forgot to mention it.

Linda

sera

Ideal_Rock
I bought a dark, dark berry red color from MAC.. I haven''t used it yet because it doesn''t seem like Autumn yet and to me doesn''t match our summery days.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2007 6:34:23 PM
Author: decodelighted
I''ve been wearing a super dark cocoa brown for about a week but am about to change it up (chip-city). The Hershey Spa calls in ''Fondue Memories''??? And it was their most popular color recently ... ala Chanel ''Vamp''.

I want to find an equally deep dark intense NAVY polish. If someone spies that hollar, ya hear??

OPI also has Ink, Light my Sapphire and Private Jet which all looked dark blue to me. Russian Navy might have some purple to it, but I could not tell on line.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2007 10:07:13 PM
Author: diamondfan

Date: 10/18/2007 6:34:23 PM
Author: decodelighted
I''ve been wearing a super dark cocoa brown for about a week but am about to change it up (chip-city). The Hershey Spa calls in ''Fondue Memories''??? And it was their most popular color recently ... ala Chanel ''Vamp''.

OPI also has Ink, Light my Sapphire and Private Jet which all looked dark blue to me. Russian Navy might have some purple to it, but I could not tell on line.
I have the OPI Sapphire, it''s super dark but still blue, very slightly metallic. Haven''t used it yet but it looks really pretty in the bottle!

I also picked up Lincoln Park after Midnight (similar to Lincoln Park after Dark), it''s another very dark berry color with a slight shimmer (but not metallic or frosty).
For my hands I''ve taken to just doing an American mani with Essie Waltz on the tips and Essie Vanity Fairest for the pink...it''s a good combo for me. And I recently discovered that if you use Seche top coat as a base coat it just makes for an all-around longer lasting, better mani than using the Seche base coat to begin with. So there you go, those are my nail tips for the season!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Miss Monnie,

I''ll check those colors out.

Linda

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can't wait to start wearing my fall nail colors from last year which mostly still work (my faves were the dark choco browns) but i also do want to get the super super dark berry blackish colors that are in now too. and yes, very short cropped nails are how you should wear the uber dark look. i agree long dark nails are kind of spookyish.

deco love that color....!!! maybe another few weeks it will be cool enough here to bust out the fall nail colors. but ya don't you hate the instant chipping on the dark colors? i can maybe get 2-3 days out of my color with how hard i am on my hands.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

Glad the short cropped nails are in. That is what mine are!!

Glad you are feeling better and enjoy your trip to Mexico!!!

Linda

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
deco, love that color on you. I bought *Lincoln Park After Dark* last year and still love it this year. I think a lot of the same shades that were in last fall still are. i''m interested to see the Russian navy though....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2007 3:41:00 PM
Author: Linda W
When I was in Macys yesterday, I walked up to the MAC counter. The saleslady said black polish was ''in'' and I should buy some, ha ha ha ha. I said you mean for Halloween? She said no for everyday wear. I told her no thank you.
14.gif

Linda
HI:

hhheeehhheeeee

I tried on some deep berry color (called Mati Hari) at the salon today...and almost bought it......I still can''t get used to those really dark colors on my nails....it "seems" to age my already aged hands.....
33.gif

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2007 6:10:47 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 10/18/2007 3:41:00 PM
Author: Linda W
When I was in Macys yesterday, I walked up to the MAC counter. The saleslady said black polish was 'in' and I should buy some, ha ha ha ha. I said you mean for Halloween? She said no for everyday wear. I told her no thank you.
14.gif

Linda
HI:

hhheeehhheeeee

I tried on some deep berry color (called Mati Hari) at the salon today...and almost bought it......I still can't get used to those really dark colors on my nails....it 'seems' to age my already aged hands.....
33.gif

cheers--Sharon
I agree; some people can pull it off, but for me it makes my hands look pink and pastey.

I like mauves and deep reds.

Linda I just bought a light brown color that I like. I guess it depends on your skin tone; I just cannot wear certain colors not matter how much I would like to.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought the russian navy. when i paint my nails i''ll take a pic..it''s blue!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just got back from the nail salon where i had them do french on my feet and soft natural pink on my hands because we''re going to mexico tomorrow and i figured dark vampy purples was not in keeping with tropical vacations. however, they did have a bunch of the dark colors for fall, so i tried some of them on before i got into the chair. i loved ''oh to be 25 again'' or whatever it''s called, a very deep wine red with no purple undertone. i tried mrs o learys bbq which was nice and another one called something wine but it was way too reddish and thin looking. also they had lincoln park after dark which i tried on and i really liked it. i think i am going to do the oh 25 and lincoln park for sure this season, once i get over to the beauty supply store!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I almost always wear Essie Mademoiselle on my fingers, because I keep my nails longish, but I''ve been wearing Essie Wicked on my toes- a deep deep brownish berry (if that makes sense).

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Yeah! This thread is back!

I was devoted to Essie Wicked and OPI Espresso Your Style last Fall. I've found one that I like even better this year...Essie Lady Godiva. I've been wearing it on my toes and recently applied to my nails and received many compliments. It is a very dark chocolate brown (think Vamp without the purple undertones) with no shimmer, but it is very shiny and glassy when topped with Seche Vite!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs Salvo, I wanna see the blue polish!! I saw that in a magazine ad and it sort of intrigued me... please do post if you got ''em!!

Still lovin'' Wicked, O''leary''s BBQ and the darker vampier shades for this fall.
5.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy dark colors then never wear them. I tend to reach for mauves or dusty rose. I buy my polish at a hair and beauty store and they have out dark reds and browns as their new fall shades.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to try Yves St Laurent''s Black tulip, and I have this really pretty dark red from Bobbi Brown that I would like to try too. I really like the darker toes on me for the fall, and I even do blackish like Vamp or Wicked on my hands, but it can look a bit aging. I have to really be so careful when I dry that I often do not have the time to do it!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan,

That is how I feel too. Darker colors age my hands and they are already aged. Rose and mauve look better on me, same as Marcyc said.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results