shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Nail Colors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the dark colors for weekends or for my toesies...can''t wear the darks on an everyday basis working in the jewelry retail industry, there''s a clause in our handbook that states "no distracting colors" so I keep my fingernails very neutral most of the time now. Saving the darks on my hands for weekends and special occasions!

ok, big question to all you nail polish fanatics: Without starting an entirely new thread devoted to the topic, (or maybe I should)...what do you all store your nail polishes in? I''m currently using one of those Goodie plastic bins that''s about 8" wide by 11" long by 6" high. It probably holds about 20-30 polishes but then I have other nail accoutrements and a bag of cotton balls that sits in there as well. As I buy new colors, I try to get rid of older colors I haven''t used for a long time, but I still feel like I''m running out of space and the whole setup isn''t as convenient as I feel it could be. Any suggestions, or what does everyone store theirs in?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, sometimes it clashes, and I feel I am getting age spots or freckles which I HATE. Of course they look worse in the photos when I post but I do see a few....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, did I imagine it, or is Chanel coming out with a navy polish for the winter collection?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie,

I store mine in a bin under my sink. ha ha ha. I throw the older ones away, as they get too thick.

Linda

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 5:47:25 PM
Author: Rosebud8506
Mrs Salvo, I wanna see the blue polish!! I saw that in a magazine ad and it sort of intrigued me... please do post if you got ''em!!

Still lovin'' Wicked, O''leary''s BBQ and the darker vampier shades for this fall.
5.gif

rosebud,
here''s a pic. it''s pretty cool for a casual polish. i wouldn''t wear it dressed up, i prefer the vampy purple''s but I like it. sometimes it''s a deep blue and other times it looks almost black.

opinavyinside.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s an outdoor pic which is closer to how it looks in normal light..

monnie: i store my polish in a plastic basket in my bathroom closet.

opinavyoutside.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, Mrs Salvo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I haven''t posted much, but I''ve been here.... been spending more time on the nail polish board over at Makeup Alley, thanks to Mara''s talk of it in last year''s np thread. :)

Navy polish is very "in" right now, as are most dark vampy colors, and red. The stylewatchers say you should keep your nails short and well groomed, but, I think nail length is a personal preference.

Keep an eye out for the OPI Holiday collection - it''s a stunner! I have them all, and haven''t found one I don''t like. I''ve seen them in Trade Secret, but not Ulta yet. They are available online at www.head2toebeauty.com and www.8ty8beauty.com. If you just want to look at pics, you can go to www.nailgal.com, which is where many of the nail board and other polish aficionados post pics!

And one last thing..... PLEASE don''t throw away older goopy polish if you love it! Buy a polish thinner (don''t use remover!) from someplace like Sally beauty supply and add a few drops - it''ll work wonders!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the tips ecf, nice to see you
35.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m no longer adventurous in the nail polish area. When I started working in a medical office, the only polish that was allowed were neutral colors. But, I couldn''t complain really. I wouldn''t want bright red talons coming at my eyes either! Before that, I used to have tons (think 50+ colors) I would repolish every 2-3 days. Now, I only have maybe ten shades that I use on my tootsies. I keep them all in my pedi bag, complete with all accessories for DIY pedi.

Now, here''s the crazy part! I have a couple polishes I wear on my hands. I don''t use them on my feet, and I don''t use feet polish on my hands! Anyone else do this??
28.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, ok, so plastic bin is the general concensus, eh? Linda, mine is under the sink as well, ha ha. I just wondered if there was some sort of contraption specifically for nail polish storage...if not maybe we PSr''s need to invent one!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think so to Monnie ha ha ha

Linda

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Oooo, MrsSalvo,

Me likey! It looks really good on you, and the darkness of the polish really makes your bling POP!

I''m really really liking the "Light My Sapphire" by OPI, it has the same shimmer as "Lincoln Park after Midnight" (which is the shimmery/metallic version of Lincoln Park After Dark) and its a really really deep, navy blue. I love love love it!

I am on such a dark nail color kick right now...but I am sure I will switch to something else in a few weeks...I''m silly like that!

But the ones I have had on heavy rotation so far are:

Light My Sapphire by OPI
MIdnight in Moscow by OPI (it''s a super dark shimmery red)
Too Much Bubbly by Orly (its a shimmery dk pewter color, with just a tiny bit of glitter)
IX by China Glaze (Its a true, dark chocolate, my girfriends ALL have borrowed it)
and the good ol'' Mademoiselle by Essie

Nails are such a fun accessory, and like many ladies have noted, the darks really spark up the bling!

31.gif

DaniGirl

Rough_Rock
russian navy is out of stock. i am sad. =(

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did not see one, but that does not mean for holiday they will not. I would not wear it on my hands, it would clash with my veins!!!

I do like the very dark berry brown black red tones, that I can do quite easily on toes, but again on hands it is tricky.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani girl, where? I just saw it tonight at my local drugstore that stocks Essie and OPI polish.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2007 2:37:09 AM
Author: diamondfan
I did not see one, but that does not mean for holiday they will not. I would not wear it on my hands, it would clash with my veins!!!

I do like the very dark berry brown black red tones, that I can do quite easily on toes, but again on hands it is tricky.
You are so funny!!!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like when the color has a bit of brown in it, but not toooo much....I will check it out!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
I love love LOVE "Show me the Honey" (I think that''s it) by OPI. It is a gorgeous shade of burnt orange. Not too flashy but definitely not subtle.

I think I''ll go put it on....
36.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Mrs S! I love it! its a fun color. I may have to go out in the rain today and buy it. I hope that it not sold out at my Ulta? I have the $5.00 coupon from my In Style mag, and I may pick up another clear top coat as well.

I am bad - I don''t store my polish in a plastic container, although that is a really good idea! My polish has taken its own shelf in our bathroom closet.
23.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Diamondfan,

I was thinking the same thing. It would clash with the veins on my hands.

Linda

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh FUN!!!! Mrssalvo, I love it!!

I''ll have to keep an eye out for a Chanel version too ... hmmmmm. The one thing I *don''t* like about the darks is the slight tinting of nails if you leave it on too long. Maybe I''ll double up on basecoat or something.

On the "vein-matching" issue -- think of it this way ... at least you don''t have a thick layer of P-U-D-G-E hiding those veins like IIIIIII do
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Deco,

I think I would rather have pudge then my veins popping out. "sigh" that is what I get for being middle age.

Linda

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
And then there''s those of us who just have blue pudge.
39.gif

DaniGirl

Rough_Rock
df, i was looking online only. i won''t pay retail since i started using 8ty8 or head2toe. i''ll just have to wait it out and be patient. i can''t wait to see if anyone else will post their new blue nails until then!!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
I love Essie nail polishes. I bought two last night. I wear mostly neutral colors on my hands - like a chalky pink (think pink w/ white tone but still pretty and barely there) but now I want a more Fall tone. So I picked up Essie Bags to Riches (new line for Fall) - - it''s a tan color I thought would be the perfect non-pink toned neutral for my nails. Wrong. It makes my sallow Caucasian skin even more sallow. Fugly! I think it would look nice on browner skin tones for a neutral look but this Essie is going back to the store today.

Instead I''ll wear OPI Galapagos Ghost, a sheer, soft white toned polish. I vamp it up on the toes but keep the nails neutral. I have acrylics and I can really stretch the fills if I keep ''em neutral plus I think a brighter color makes my hands look older and being a older girl myself, that''s on my ''don''t do'' list!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 3:55:48 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I''m no longer adventurous in the nail polish area. When I started working in a medical office, the only polish that was allowed were neutral colors. But, I couldn''t complain really. I wouldn''t want bright red talons coming at my eyes either! Before that, I used to have tons (think 50+ colors) I would repolish every 2-3 days. Now, I only have maybe ten shades that I use on my tootsies. I keep them all in my pedi bag, complete with all accessories for DIY pedi.

Now, here''s the crazy part! I have a couple polishes I wear on my hands. I don''t use them on my feet, and I don''t use feet polish on my hands! Anyone else do this??
28.gif
I do! Not because they gross me out to use toe polish on my nails if that''s what you mean. Only because I''ll wear bright toes but subtle nails. I live in a beach town where my toes are exposed probably 9-10 mos a year so I like my pedicures. I love my nails too but do like the subtle look. I love acrylics b/c I don''t ever do a thing to them between fills and I generally go 3 weeks. I am hard on my hands too. Gardening, lawn mowing (well, I wear gloves but still) and all that cooking and dishwashing...i hate kitchen chores. I''d rather lay sod than cook!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back to the nail polish storage thing I brought up for just a sec...I think what I would really like is one of those rotating countertop displays the nail salons have, or even the rigid tiered shelf type ones, that way I could put one in my linen closet at eye level and choose a color from there, LOL! Am I insane or what? No, don''t answer that....ha ha ha.
3.gif

I''m in desperate need of a pedi...but my usual salon is closed on Mondays, the weekday I have off work. My poor feet are so. broke. down. I have callouses galore and even using the pumice in the shower every 3rd morning or so is not helping. Last night I did a tea tree oil foot repair balm and wore those little pedi socks to bed all night. Shoot, it didn''t even penetrate my super thick callouses (sorry, probably tmi), but I DID almost slip and fall in the shower since my feet were still sorta slick from having that stuff on them all night.
20.gif
Anyway, I plan to attack the problem myself this weekend and use my OPI Light My Sapphire polish on my toes. It most certainly won''t last longer than a week as I''m on my feet all day and the polish on my big toes gets partially rubbed off by my shoes, but hey, a girl can try, can''t she?
2.gif

I love Essie polishes as well...I just find that you need more than 2 coats esp. with the sheerer light colors to get really consistent coverage even with a base coat. That''s all fine and dandy but it''s an extra 15 minutes in my book whereas with OPI I can do two coats of a similar color and be done. The darker Essie colors are no prob though, like Wicked or Chocolate Kisses, two of my faves from last year.

DiamondFan, you''re so lucky to have a local drugstore who stocks Essie and OPI! I''m envious!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw that www.drugstore.com carries essie and OPI nail colors.

Linda

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, had a change of heart on the nail color tonight...last time I ordered from 8ty8beauty.com they sent me a sample size Color Club polish called "Warming Trend." It''s sort of a subdued red, almost on the frosty side but not quite if that makes sense. Tried it tonight and loved it so much just on my thumbnail that I went all the way and trimmed down my fingernails and painted BOTH my nails and toes this color--I love it! It''s a very warm red, and not super bright, looks great on shorter nails for sure! I''d take a pic but my camera''s all the way upstairs and I am far too lazy at this point in the eve to grab it and post pics...sorry.
7.gif
Anywho, never tried this particular brand before but the polish went on like a dream...I''ll let you all know how it fares after a day''s work tomorrow!
35.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s teal blue - It''s by Creative and it''s called Blue Blood

IMG_7661-1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results