shape
carat
color
clarity

Faceted girdle help....do I take the average?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wolf7676

Rough_Rock
I am looking at HOF round briliant diamond G, VS2, 1.39carat that scores brightness-Ex, frire-Ex, scantilation-VG, spread-VG......HCA ranking of 1.8. But what is a faceted girdle of .9% to 4% telling me? Do I take the average of these two numbers? Any help and insight would be much appreciated.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
.9%-4.0% is telling you that the girdle is thin to slightly thick.
2.gif
the thinnest point and thickest point are recorded for the girdle measurements.

wolf7676

Rough_Rock
belle thanks for the quick responce and help. Is thin to slightly thick ok? Under Diamond tutorial it said the following..."The girdle is the edge of the diamond and is quoted in either words (Thin, Thick etc) or as a percentage of the diameter (e.g. thin = .6% or thick = 3.0%)." So I would think 4% would be more than slightly thick? Thanks again :)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re welcome
2.gif

thin-sl.thick is okay. unfortunately with the way the measurements are recorded, we don''t have any way of knowing how much of the girdle is thin or how much is sl. thick. is it mostly thin with one spot that is thick, or vice versa? we don''t know. for that reason, i like to find a stone without too much variation. in rounds this is much, much easier.
there are different ways of measuring girdle thickness. the tutorial could have been based on a different method of measuring. i know that hof are graded by ags, so i based my answer on the current ags standards.

wolf7676

Rough_Rock
Hey all, thanks for the help. BTW John, I really enjoyed reading the thread on your life story and to where you are now. I think that is really something how life can change in a different direction so quickly. This whole diamond thing is facinating. Before searching for an engagment ring, I never had any appreciation for jewelry.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 10:50:30 AM
Author: wolf7676

Hey all, thanks for the help. BTW John, I really enjoyed reading the thread on your life story and to where you are now. I think that is really something how life can change in a different direction so quickly. This whole diamond thing is facinating. Before searching for an engagment ring, I never had any appreciation for jewelry.
You made it through all of that and you''re still awake? Impressive.

1.gif

Thank you, btw. Some things are meant to be.

wolf7676

Rough_Rock
well I have to admit, I skimmed some of it John....LOL

-Todd

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results