shape
carat
color
clarity

Experts in reading ASET images and IDEAL scopes,help to see if the stone has obstruction !

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol-2: I am sorry ,but I didn’t get what you were trying to say about toadstools? English is not native language:sick:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL, English is my native language and I've not heard this expression either.

@Garry H (Cut Nut) is from Australia. Must be an Aussie thing. Care to fill us in?

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, sorry Garry. Hadn't heard that song or artist and wasnt familiar with it.

FWIW, I was just as confused by the main lyrics of Human by The Killers.

Apparently many others were too but it was rather clear (and irritating) to the lead singer. Click on Lyrics for explanation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_(The_Killers_song)

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Good evening /morning everyone !! I just got back from vacation and found a moment to share with you finished product:)) the ring took an amazing trip with me :))I got it a day before i have to leave but it made on time ! we had some good times :roll2: p.s. most of the time the diamonds were dirty in ocean and salt ,so it can appear hazy , I know I shouldn’t take it to the beach:oops2: . I am 110% happy with main diamond. Still thinking if I am 100% happy with setting ( prongs shape and how side stones are tilted/tucked) please , feel free to leave your opinion /comment ! FFC73D12-CA55-45E0-B838-853948B13CFF.jpeg CCFC164C-11AD-4204-88A0-482B724570F0.jpeg F4253D2F-24E5-4D4B-AED6-738629F69539.jpeg D570CF18-CD5A-4F91-A3BD-4C0E79DAA3B1.jpeg AEC3DCDE-D13A-4873-A3F4-93D921C9EFE9.jpeg 07A7CDAB-8A3F-42DD-87F4-EF41F088C104.jpeg 49B18FCD-32C6-42F2-B733-BC8D08733A67.jpeg DBB07D3F-4111-4291-B979-39E073DC2474.jpeg FF61FA62-A80F-4945-A6E6-2E57CE6F64A5.jpeg AAC54D02-742A-4C7C-AFDF-254D92454A0A.jpeg

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is more :)) FAA3FC20-6233-4073-B7F8-2E45473C631E.jpeg 67E29EEB-7EF9-447F-B40F-689332AC7372.jpeg A4BF10D4-35CB-4207-B7AE-48803C3FA805.jpeg DAEDE590-D74A-43D8-B4FB-CCFF02962B3E.jpeg 17F60D6A-FD2B-4661-B101-62549C751C28.jpeg

Attachments

• 4A3C4654-CBBF-4744-A15E-DDFFB72A4C6F.jpeg
    4A3C4654-CBBF-4744-A15E-DDFFB72A4C6F.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 29
  • BB2840CC-6298-4BD3-80B0-18FC8C954187.jpeg
    BB2840CC-6298-4BD3-80B0-18FC8C954187.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 29BD71BA-3CFB-4AF3-AD30-9F6D6312F417.jpeg
    29BD71BA-3CFB-4AF3-AD30-9F6D6312F417.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 1DADEB83-0755-4D96-9683-DAD180C2BE9F.jpeg
    1DADEB83-0755-4D96-9683-DAD180C2BE9F.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 36
  • 5DACCA6A-5965-417F-8F5A-FD769B110651.jpeg
    5DACCA6A-5965-417F-8F5A-FD769B110651.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 35

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still really love that stone. You did so good. The whole ring looks great as well. And the beach....looks amazing!

I am curious where you went, and if you'd recommend? Still debating if I want to stay stateside on the honeymoon or go international. Neither of us have been to Hawaii yet and I could cash in points to have at least free domestic flights. Probably half price or better hotels also. Wanting a quiet, romantic and secluded experience.

As far as changing your setting, that is your call. They are so personal and only you know but the selfish side of me says your project would be alot of fun helping hash out the details, lol.

Whatever you decide, we got you. Again thanks for sharing as the beach and ring is gorgeous!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its a lovely ring and setting. Without the tuck and tilt, you may run into width issues. The stones may exceed the width of your finger and risk bumping adjacent fingers. But, there are tons of 3-stone options if you don't like this one. If it was me, I'd give it some more time to be sure...

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Still really love that stone. You did so good. The whole ring looks great as well. And the beach....looks amazing!

I am curious where you went, and if you'd recommend? Still debating if I want to stay stateside on the honeymoon or go international. Neither of us have been to Hawaii yet and I could cash in points to have at least free domestic flights. Probably half price or better hotels also. Wanting a quiet, romantic and secluded experience.

As far as changing your setting, that is your call. They are so personal and only you know but the selfish side of me says your project would be alot of fun helping hash out the details, lol.

Whatever you decide, we got you. Again thanks for sharing as the beach and ring is gorgeous!
Thank you for your nice comments !! We went to Hawaii , Maui this time with two small children (2 and 4) and we still had amazing time :) funny enough, we went to our honeymoon moon to Hawaii too , 8 years ago. And I would absolutely recommend you doing so ! The biggest advantage is it’s tons of things to do besides just being at the beach . The nature is amazing and breathtaking! You can see waterfalls, volcanos , exotic flowers, scenic views,snorkeling and all year round excellent weather . Both times we rented a car to freely move on the island. Yes ,Hawaii is expensive, but if you prepare in advance , you can find great deals . Plus , it’s not super far away . We live in Houston , so we flew to San Diego ( one more amazing city to visit with tons of attractions ) and then from there to Maui( I think 5 hours ) . 41B58646-67F5-4FA8-9079-2580A6EE623A.jpeg F2899318-6BC1-496A-8E88-E7AB0F77F5EE.jpeg CFBED4AE-00DE-491C-8269-D6E11100B4C3.jpeg 1D287900-8EDA-4AEE-9A2D-154B8E592CFE.jpeg

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think its a lovely ring and setting. Without the tuck and tilt, you may run into width issues. The stones may exceed the width of your finger and risk bumping adjacent fingers. But, there are tons of 3-stone options if you don't like this one. If it was me, I'd give it some more time to be sure...
. Thabk you @rockysalamander For your expert opinion. Maybe you are right , but I have pretty big finger size even though I am not a giant person , it’s 7 so I have still pleanty of space lol . It’s hard to say without trying out in real life and committing to something again . My try’s and errors had been costing me so much lately :( what do you think of Prongs ? F3C8AF31-DE8A-46AB-94BB-70210DE477D4.jpeg 29266258-B6DE-4493-BBEF-3EE2DAA6E4DE.jpeg I 7F7C9AC2-E1DA-4A0B-ACB2-FCF8222A1006.jpeg asked for the claw prongs ,not long , but these turned out kind of flat ? Maybe again I am over analyzing.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Looks absolutely gorgeous. :love: I forgot if you mentioned already, but who did your setting?

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes !! It’s Maui !! How did you guess??:))

Recognized the islands off the coast. ;-) I've spent quite a bit of time on the beach you were at. One of my friends on Oahu had a sister living on Maui pretty close to that beach, so I did two 4-day weekends there. I lived on Oahu for 3 years while working for the University of Hawaii at Manoa. I really love Maui for the road to Hana and beautiful beaches... But it's VERY expensive haha. Did you get a chance to go up to the top of Haleakalā at night? Such a beautiful place to see the Milky Way.

@sledge if you want quiet, romantic, and SECLUDED then Maui is definitely not the place haha. Locals call Maui "Haole Island" (Haole is a Hawaiian term for "outsider" or "white man"). It's mostly pasty old white guys playing golf at pricy courses :mrgreen:. Maui is certainly beautiful, and will give you an amazing touristy-Hawaii experience. But if you want more of a secluded peaceful experience, definitely check out Kauai. It is by far the most beautiful island and, in fact, the most beautiful nature I've seen anywhere in the world. The Nā Pali coast hike is consistently rated as one of the most beautiful hikes on the planet, and the Waimea Canyon easily rivals the Grand Canyon. You know that fly-over helicopter scene in the first Jurassic Park into? Yeah, that was filmed on Kauai. Kauai has that perfect mix of nature and wilderness, while still having a little sprinkling of "touristy" things to keep you entertained should you get tired of the beautiful private beaches or thousands of waterfall hikes. Knowing what I know now after spending time on all the islands, if I was to return for vacation for a week or two, I would spend most of the time on Kauai with a short trip to Oahu on the way home to visit old friends.

For hotels, I would recommend the Grand Hyatt Resort on Kauai. It's pricy, but totally worth it. And actually, it's not all that pricy compared to some of the resorts on Maui. I stayed there one weekend on the University's dime for a conference and had an amazing time. Breathtaking system of salt-water pools that flows down to a private beach, open architecture where you feel like the entire hotel is outdoors, and a very nice restaurant that serves all local ingredients. It's also on the southern coast of Kauai, which is IMO the most beautiful area of the island.

Regarding airline miles, just keep in mind that Hawaii is in some kind of intermediary zone between domestic and international rewards flights. For most airlines, it's usually about 50% more points than a continental-U.S. flight, but less than an international flight. For example, if a continental U.S. flight was 30,000 miles and a U.S.-->Europe flight 60,000 miles, then a mainland-->Hawaii flight would be about 45,000 miles.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
. Thabk you @rockysalamander For your expert opinion. Maybe you are right , but I have pretty big finger size even though I am not a giant person , it’s 7 so I have still pleanty of space lol . It’s hard to say without trying out in real life and committing to something again . My try’s and errors had been costing me so much lately :( what do you think of Prongs ? asked for the claw prongs ,not long , but these turned out kind of flat ? Maybe again I am over analyzing.
They are lovely, just right for the design.
Stunning ring!!!
Congrates!!!!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recognized the islands off the coast. ;-) I've spent quite a bit of time on the beach you were at. One of my friends on Oahu had a sister living on Maui pretty close to that beach, so I did two 4-day weekends there. I lived on Oahu for 3 years while working for the University of Hawaii at Manoa. I really love Maui for the road to Hana and beautiful beaches... But it's VERY expensive haha. Did you get a chance to go up to the top of Haleakalā at night? Such a beautiful place to see the Milky Way.

@sledge if you want quiet, romantic, and SECLUDED then Maui is definitely not the place haha. Locals call Maui "Haole Island" (Haole is a Hawaiian term for "outsider" or "white man"). It's mostly pasty old white guys playing golf at pricy courses :mrgreen:. Maui is certainly beautiful, and will give you an amazing touristy-Hawaii experience. But if you want more of a secluded peaceful experience, definitely check out Kauai. It is by far the most beautiful island and, in fact, the most beautiful nature I've seen anywhere in the world. The Nā Pali coast hike is consistently rated as one of the most beautiful hikes on the planet, and the Waimea Canyon easily rivals the Grand Canyon. You know that fly-over helicopter scene in the first Jurassic Park into? Yeah, that was filmed on Kauai. Kauai has that perfect mix of nature and wilderness, while still having a little sprinkling of "touristy" things to keep you entertained should you get tired of the beautiful private beaches or thousands of waterfall hikes. Knowing what I know now after spending time on all the islands, if I was to return for vacation for a week or two, I would spend most of the time on Kauai with a short trip to Oahu on the way home to visit old friends.

For hotels, I would recommend the Grand Hyatt Resort on Kauai. It's pricy, but totally worth it. And actually, it's not all that pricy compared to some of the resorts on Maui. I stayed there one weekend on the University's dime for a conference and had an amazing time. Breathtaking system of salt-water pools that flows down to a private beach, open architecture where you feel like the entire hotel is outdoors, and a very nice restaurant that serves all local ingredients. It's also on the southern coast of Kauai, which is IMO the most beautiful area of the island.

Regarding airline miles, just keep in mind that Hawaii is in some kind of intermediary zone between domestic and international rewards flights. For most airlines, it's usually about 50% more points than a continental-U.S. flight, but less than an international flight. For example, if a continental U.S. flight was 30,000 miles and a U.S.-->Europe flight 60,000 miles, then a mainland-->Hawaii flight would be about 45,000 miles.

Wow @TreeScientist. Thank you for such a detailed response! This was exactly what I was looking to hear. Not to sound like an ass but for the honeymoon I didn't want to check into the equivalent of Disneyland. If you are okay with it, I may pick your brain some more on this in a different thread so we don't derail too much.

Also, @Golden_bird your pictures are freaking amazing! It looks beautiful and that you and your family had a great time. That pic of your little girl is rather picturesque -- get that one framed.

Our wedding date is 4/19/19 so I need to move on something pretty quickly.

Originally I was considering some private huts in the water like in Bora Bora. Then I realized it was going to cost about $1,500+ per night! Many closer to the $2-3,000 per night range. :confused2:

Gorgeous though.

Le-Meridien-Bora-Bora-Overwater-Bungalow-2000x1200%20(5)_29706.jpg

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you are okay with it, I may pick your brain some more on this in a different thread so we don't derail too much.

Sure thing. :) Just tag me in a thread in the Hangout sub and I'd be happy to give you some pointers. I totally hear you about the Disneyland thing though. And not to put down Maui at all. It's a beautiful place. Each of the Hawaiian Islands is gorgeous in their own unique ways, and each can make amazing vacation destinations. It's just that each has their own particular "flavor" or "type" of experience that they offer to visitors. I think you first need to decide what kind of tourist you are and what kind experience you want to have before settling on an island. From what you've described about what you're going for, I think Kauai would be perfect (with Big Island being a close second, in that it offers a very similar experience to Kauai).

ETA: If you're looking at international destinations and want the Bora Bora type experience without the Bora Bora pricetag, check out Phu Quoc Island in southern Vietnam. I've never been to Bora Bora (because it's ridiculously overpriced) but I can almost assure you that Phu Quoc is equally as beautiful. And you can do the whole "private beach hut in secluded resort with your own private chef" thing for about a tenth of the cost of Bora Bora (Seriously?!? $1.5k per night? They'd better be serving me gold-flaked caviar and unicorn tears on a platinum platter for that price).

Last edited:

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Wow @TreeScientist. Thank you for such a detailed response! This was exactly what I was looking to hear. Not to sound like an ass but for the honeymoon I didn't want to check into the equivalent of Disneyland. If you are okay with it, I may pick your brain some more on this in a different thread so we don't derail too much.

Also, @Golden_bird your pictures are freaking amazing! It looks beautiful and that you and your family had a great time. That pic of your little girl is rather picturesque -- get that one framed.

Our wedding date is 4/19/19 so I need to move on something pretty quickly.

Originally I was considering some private huts in the water like in Bora Bora. Then I realized it was going to cost about $1,500+ per night! Many closer to the $2-3,000 per night range. :confused2:

Gorgeous though.

Le-Meridien-Bora-Bora-Overwater-Bungalow-2000x1200%20(5)_29706.jpg

I also recommend St. Lucia. Especially the Ladera and Tiki Village. If you have time for travel, also consider Phuket Thailand - the most beautiful beach in the world.
I personally didn't enjoy Hawaii nearly as much, but heard great things about Kauai resorts.

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is one of the resorts on Phu Quoc that has private huts ON the water. We didn't stay here (we were doing a VERY budget weekend here at a $25/night AirBNB the last time we went back to Vietnam to see my fiancé's parents) but I did see them in person. They are gorgeous. And I know that they are only about $200-300 a night...

ph-quc-s1180x560.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results