shape
carat
color
clarity

Experts in reading ASET images and IDEAL scopes,help to see if the stone has obstruction !

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What!? my goodness that's a deal!

Vietnam: Asia's best kept secret. ;-) Beautiful nature, amazing food and super friendly people. And all of this for about a tenth of the cost of some of the more well known "Disneyland-ish" south pacific island destinations like Bora Bora.

And honestly, it was a really, really nice AirBNB. Host made us breakfast, gave us tips on where to go in town, offered us bikes for the day, and made sure we had everything we needed. Room was in immaculate condition 5 minutes from the beach. Obviously it's not luxury, but when you're on a beautiful island that looks like Phu Quoc, are you really going to be spending that much time in the room anyway?*

*Unless you're on your honeymoon. Then you'll probably be spending quite a bit of time in the room for... things :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: So splurging on a nice, private place is totally worth it for a honeymoon IMO.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
really nice AirBNB
My husband and I tried a few AirBNBs (because of our pets) and swore them off forever! Had not so great experience and they were so different from photos.
Generally you get what you pay for, but it seemed to have worked out for you! wow.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Recognized the islands off the coast. ;-) I've spent quite a bit of time on the beach you were at. One of my friends on Oahu had a sister living on Maui pretty close to that beach, so I did two 4-day weekends there. I lived on Oahu for 3 years while working for the University of Hawaii at Manoa. I really love Maui for the road to Hana and beautiful beaches... But it's VERY expensive haha. Did you get a chance to go up to the top of Haleakalā at night? Such a beautiful place to see the Milky Way.

@sledge if you want quiet, romantic, and SECLUDED then Maui is definitely not the place haha. Locals call Maui "Haole Island" (Haole is a Hawaiian term for "outsider" or "white man"). It's mostly pasty old white guys playing golf at pricy courses :mrgreen:. Maui is certainly beautiful, and will give you an amazing touristy-Hawaii experience. But if you want more of a secluded peaceful experience, definitely check out Kauai. It is by far the most beautiful island and, in fact, the most beautiful nature I've seen anywhere in the world. The Nā Pali coast hike is consistently rated as one of the most beautiful hikes on the planet, and the Waimea Canyon easily rivals the Grand Canyon. You know that fly-over helicopter scene in the first Jurassic Park into? Yeah, that was filmed on Kauai. Kauai has that perfect mix of nature and wilderness, while still having a little sprinkling of "touristy" things to keep you entertained should you get tired of the beautiful private beaches or thousands of waterfall hikes. Knowing what I know now after spending time on all the islands, if I was to return for vacation for a week or two, I would spend most of the time on Kauai with a short trip to Oahu on the way home to visit old friends.

For hotels, I would recommend the Grand Hyatt Resort on Kauai. It's pricy, but totally worth it. And actually, it's not all that pricy compared to some of the resorts on Maui. I stayed there one weekend on the University's dime for a conference and had an amazing time. Breathtaking system of salt-water pools that flows down to a private beach, open architecture where you feel like the entire hotel is outdoors, and a very nice restaurant that serves all local ingredients. It's also on the southern coast of Kauai, which is IMO the most beautiful area of the island.

Regarding airline miles, just keep in mind that Hawaii is in some kind of intermediary zone between domestic and international rewards flights. For most airlines, it's usually about 50% more points than a continental-U.S. flight, but less than an international flight. For example, if a continental U.S. flight was 30,000 miles and a U.S.-->Europe flight 60,000 miles, then a mainland-->Hawaii flight would be about 45,000 miles.
Wow ! Thank you for such great comment ! We went to Kauai for our honeymoon in 2010! That’s why now we picked different island this time to see something else . But I ageee with you that Kaua’i is the most diverse and beautiful island . We both times rented house/ apartment, so we could experience real island life . As for road to Hana , we did 75% of the road , then kids got cranky and bored of the trip , they weren’t interested in all nature stuff they wanted to go to the beach and built castles . That’s why I originally wanted to go somewhere to Mexico, all inclusive and beach all day. But we learned that lesson, and before kids grow little bit older , we should do more relaxed trips.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
They are lovely, just right for the design.
Stunning ring!!!
Congrates!!!!
Thank you Karl !!! I just would like to finally be done with ring ,at least for the next a couple of years :lol: I am very happy with diamond and these sides “hearts on Fire “ diamonds are perfect match in color and proportions so I am in a paradise in that area at least :)) I love the gallery design,tilt and prongs make me wonder . Freedom of designing your Own ring is blessing and curse at the same time

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Anytime you have this design you have wide prong tips to make it look right where the prongs come together.
Wider prongs allow for short prongs over the diamond which is what he/she did.
The prong tips are optimal for the design anything else you would have to change the design to match the tips of the prongs.

A4B.jpeg

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow ! Thank you for such great comment ! We went to Kauai for our honeymoon in 2010! That’s why now we picked different island this time to see something else . But I ageee with you that Kaua’i is the most diverse and beautiful island . We both times rented house/ apartment, so we could experience real island life . As for road to Hana , we did 75% of the road , then kids got cranky and bored of the trip , they weren’t interested in all nature stuff they wanted to go to the beach and built castles . That’s why I originally wanted to go somewhere to Mexico, all inclusive and beach all day. But we learned that lesson, and before kids grow little bit older , we should do more relaxed trips.

Yep, Maui and Oahu are much better for families, especially families with small kids. Much more on Maui and Oahu to keep little ones entertained. I think kids need to be in their teens before they can really begin to appreciate "natural beauty" without wanting to run off and go to the beach/water park/playland after 5 minutes. While Kauai is certainly full of natural beauty, I could see it being a struggle to keep a small child entertained there unless you just stayed at the resort pool the entire time.

That's awesome that you did your honeymoon on Kauai. My fiancé and I have toyed with the idea of going back there for our honeymoon, although we'll probably go somewhere else in the world that is new to both of us. Still though, I cannot think of a place that epitomizes quiet, secluded and romantic more than Kauai. :)

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Here is more :)) FAA3FC20-6233-4073-B7F8-2E45473C631E.jpeg 67E29EEB-7EF9-447F-B40F-689332AC7372.jpeg A4BF10D4-35CB-4207-B7AE-48803C3FA805.jpeg DAEDE590-D74A-43D8-B4FB-CCFF02962B3E.jpeg 17F60D6A-FD2B-4661-B101-62549C751C28.jpeg

Oh my goodness! I saw this on DKs IG and was hoping it was a PSer, I just hadn’t stumbled across it yet. This was my design I worked on with him a few months ago and I haven’t saved up enough to pull the trigger. He cast it to show me the unplated white gold that I requested, and then it popped up on his feed. I’m so happy to see photos IRL instead of glamour shots, and I’m even more happy someone likes it as much as I do!

I must say it’s gorgeous, but I’m probably slightly biased :lol: I did a whole thread about it over on the FFJ forum.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-three-stone-dk-cads-please.243847/

Wear it in good health! :kiss2:

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! I saw this on DKs IG and was hoping it was a PSer, I just hadn’t stumbled across it yet. This was my design I worked on with him a few months ago and I haven’t saved up enough to pull the trigger. He cast it to show me the unplated white gold that I requested, and then it popped up on his feed. I’m so happy to see photos IRL instead of glamour shots, and I’m even more happy someone likes it as much as I do!

I must say it’s gorgeous, but I’m probably slightly biased :lol: I did a whole thread about it over on the FFJ forum.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-three-stone-dk-cads-please.243847/

Wear it in good health! :kiss2:
Hello ! :)) I apologize for Barrowing your design!:roll2: I was at the rush to set my stones and didn’t have time for revising setting for too long , I saw yours and though it’s cute!lets try this style ! :roll2: I really hope that soon you will get the finds to purchase your dream ring and be able to enjoy it same as I do !!!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ! :)) I apologize for Barrowing your design!:roll2: I was at the rush to set my stones and didn’t have time for revising setting for too long , I saw yours and though it’s cute!lets try this style ! :roll2: I really hope that soon you will get the finds to purchase your dream ring and be able to enjoy it same as I do !!!

Absolutely NO NEED to apologize! It took me months to get to the final design, so I understand not wanting to put the time and energy into it. It can be overwhelming and exhausting. It’s actually quite flattering that someone chose it over all the other options, so thank you! It also helps tremendously to see it on, but now I want to give him the go ahead even more :confused2:

Did you go with the unplated WG like I’d requested? And if you don’t mind my asking, what are the side stone specs? The diamonds you chose are simply stunning! I saw you aren’t 100% sold on the design, so if you decide to start from scratch and sell that one, let me know. ;)2 It looks gorgeous on you!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Absolutely NO NEED to apologize! It took me months to get to the final design, so I understand not wanting to put the time and energy into it. It can be overwhelming and exhausting. It’s actually quite flattering that someone chose it over all the other options, so thank you! It also helps tremendously to see it on, but now I want to give him the go ahead even more :confused2:

Did you go with the unplated WG like I’d requested? And if you don’t mind my asking, what are the side stone specs? The diamonds you chose are simply stunning! I saw you aren’t 100% sold on the design, so if you decide to start from scratch and sell that one, let me know. ;)2 It looks gorgeous on you!
Oh thank you ! Uh !In regards of ring design , i am learning hard way as usual for the third time that it’s hard !very hard if you don’t have much experience in designing !little things you never thought about ,like ring hight ,stones position,prongs thickness and so on ! Maybe some people are not that obsessed about it or think less ,I don’t know . But next time ,I will def try to purchase premade setting , to see the actual picture how everything is put together! It’s my third or fourth custom project with David ,and almost all of them had to be remade on my own expense ! I even don’t wanna think about how much money I wasted :( but I have learned a lot :oops2: My side stones are 4.9 mm or 0.45 carat each ! I am still thinking what to do with this ring ,sometimes I wanna still bring this setting to perfection with some minor changes ,sometimes I just wanna go different rote and do a halo :lol:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thank you ! Uh !In regards of ring design , i am learning hard way as usual for the third time that it’s hard !very hard if you don’t have much experience in designing !little things you never thought about ,like ring hight ,stones position,prongs thickness and so on ! Maybe some people are not that obsessed about it or think less ,I don’t know . But next time ,I will def try to purchase premade setting , to see the actual picture how everything is put together! It’s my third or fourth custom project with David ,and almost all of them had to be remade on my own expense ! I even don’t wanna think about how much money I wasted :( but I have learned a lot :oops2: My side stones are 4.9 mm or 0.45 carat each ! I am still thinking what to do with this ring ,sometimes I wanna still bring this setting to perfection with some minor changes ,sometimes I just wanna go different rote and do a halo :lol:

Thank you for the info! My plan was half carat sides (5mm) and a 1.25 center (around 7mm) It’s absolutely a struggle, and I have absolutely no experience in it until now, and the project isn’t even fully completed so I don’t think it counts!

If you don’t mind me picking your brain, what changes would you make for it to be perfect for you? I’m always open to brainstorming and new ideas and approaches. To me, that’s the most fun part of the process! Add in the fact that I have no clue what I’m doing, I’d love to hear insight from someone who’s got much more experience than I do in this area. :mrgreen2: I definitely obsess over the tiny details, so you aren’t alone there. I want to have it made and be done. No remakes, just onto the next project. I have a LOT of those swirling around in my brain. :roll2:

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the info! My plan was half carat sides (5mm) and a 1.25 center (around 7mm) It’s absolutely a struggle, and I have absolutely no experience in it until now, and the project isn’t even fully completed so I don’t think it counts!

If you don’t mind me picking your brain, what changes would you make for it to be perfect for you? I’m always open to brainstorming and new ideas and approaches. To me, that’s the most fun part of the process! Add in the fact that I have no clue what I’m doing, I’d love to hear insight from someone who’s got much more experience than I do in this area. :mrgreen2: I definitely obsess over the tiny details, so you aren’t alone there. I want to have it made and be done. No remakes, just onto the next project. I have a LOT of those swirling around in my brain. :roll2:
Oh no ! I don’t mind sharing At all !!;)) so my biggest concern is that side stones are too tucked ! When you look straight ,you see only half of your stone ,it’s like half moon ! But I know that some ppl prefer that look or if your fingers are super tiny (mines are not -I am 7-7.5 size )that’s the only way to fit all stones . I changed the hight of the center stone to 6.5 mm ,without realizing that it will be not enough prong to make them more thin/skinny. And I end up with thick /wide prongs on center stone and tiny and different shape on small diamonds . To my eye ,it looks kind of disorganized like they from different stories . And def now I feel like I need more presence on my finger lol not enough finger coverage lol such a typical problem of PSoper :mrgreen2: now I think maybe I should halo the center stone and leave two side stones . But again ,I am afraid to take a risk if I don’t like the look or it will be too much going on . And I don’t wanna invest any more money in ring settings . Bcs it’s hard to sell them after all and you end up with price for scrap gold lol ,like 100$ in good case .

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no ! I don’t mind sharing At all !!;)) so my biggest concern is that side stones are too tucked ! When you look straight ,you see only half of your stone ,it’s like half moon ! But I know that some ppl prefer that look or if your fingers are super tiny (mines are not -I am 7-7.5 size )that’s the only way to fit all stones . I changed the hight of the center stone to 6.5 mm ,without realizing that it will be not enough prong to make them more thin/skinny. And I end up with thick /wide prongs on center stone and tiny and different shape on small diamonds . To my eye ,it looks kind of disorganized like they from different stories . And def now I feel like I need more presence on my finger lol not enough finger coverage lol such a typical problem of PSoper :mrgreen2: now I think maybe I should halo the center stone and leave two side stones . But again ,I am afraid to take a risk if I don’t like the look or it will be too much going on . And I don’t wanna invest any more money in ring settings . Bcs it’s hard to sell them after all and you end up with price for scrap gold lol ,like 100$ in good case .

Ah, I see what you’re saying. My center stone is smaller but it sits at 6.88mm because I reiterated I don’t want to see any of the gallery metal from a top view, and I think he made it as low as he could while still making my request work. I’m not sure how thick the prongs will end up being, but I understand what you mean about “different stories” because I struggled with that a LOT while designing it. It’s hard to make a 3 stone look unique AND cohesive at the same time. Here’s a copy of my final CAD. Not sure how it differs from your ring. Now I’m kinda second guessing my design, especially with the side stone “tuck” issues. I don’t want it to look off proportion-wise. My center stone will be *slightly* smaller than yours so I’m not sure how that would alter the overall look, if at all, but my fingers are a similar size at 7.75. Hmmm.....
26BAFD9E-75D6-4FB0-8970-1981795389B0.jpeg

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ah, I see what you’re saying. My center stone is smaller but it sits at 6.88mm because I reiterated I don’t want to see any of the gallery metal from a top view, and I think he made it as low as he could while still making my request work. I’m not sure how thick the prongs will end up being, but I understand what you mean about “different stories” because I struggled with that a LOT while designing it. It’s hard to make a 3 stone look unique AND cohesive at the same time. Here’s a copy of my final CAD. Not sure how it differs from your ring. Now I’m kinda second guessing my design, especially with the side stone “tuck” issues. I don’t want it to look off proportion-wise. My center stone will be *slightly* smaller than yours so I’m not sure how that would alter the overall look, if at all, but my fingers are a similar size at 7.75. Hmmm.....
26BAFD9E-75D6-4FB0-8970-1981795389B0.jpeg
Probably as your ring is a little bit higher ,you will not achieve very wide kind of prongs as mine did ! I have two small children so wanted something low set so I can wear worry free without bumping on things ! I should have adjust also the Petal to be little bit smaller so they could make equal prongs .That’s what makes custome desig hard :cry2: you kind of guessing and hoping how it will turned out perfect in the end . I hated the thoughts I had after just reciving brand new ring -uh it’s not bad but I already start thinking about resetting it in the future . It’s not the kind of thoughts should be for a brand new diamond and the setting ! But I could live somehow with the different prongs !my biggest issue was the “tuck” .i didn’t like it :( it’s hard to show in the pictures but it’s very obvious in real life

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Probably as your ring is a little bit higher ,you will not achieve very wide kind of prongs as mine did ! I have two small children so wanted something low set so I can wear worry free without bumping on things ! I should have adjust also the Petal to be little bit smaller so they could make equal prongs .That’s what makes custome desig hard :cry2: you kind of guessing and hoping how it will turned out perfect in the end . I hated the thoughts I had after just reciving brand new ring -uh it’s not bad but I already start thinking about resetting it in the future . It’s not the kind of thoughts should be for a brand new diamond and the setting ! But I could live somehow with the different prongs !my biggest issue was the “tuck” .i didn’t like it :( it’s hard to show in the pictures but it’s very obvious in real life

Aw, I’m so sorry you aren’t 100% thrilled with it! :(2 I’m not sure how to fix the “tuck” issue without totally modifying the side basket designs. Do you just think they’re too far under the center stone? Or tilted at too steep of an angle? Or both? I actually had him modify the last CAD to move the side stones in further, and I’m wondering now if I should’ve messed with it. The pictures look beautiful to me, but I know how hard it can be to capture things in photos vs real life!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
35F7F9B3-52AD-4EAB-A156-7590A395A418.jpeg
Aw, I’m so sorry you aren’t 100% thrilled with it! :(2 I’m not sure how to fix the “tuck” issue without totally modifying the side basket designs. Do you just think they’re too far under the center stone? Or tilted at too steep of an angle? Or both? I actually had him modify the last CAD to move the side stones in further, and I’m wondering now if I should’ve messed with it. The pictures look beautiful to me, but I know how hard it can be to capture things in photos vs real life!
That’s the thing lol :) I never thought about it ! How it’s important the proper “tuck” . I mean there is no way it looks bad or horrible ! Maybe i am just too picky ! But when I look straight , I only see the sides of stones ! And I would like to see the whole stone if that make sense ! I will attach the picture which kind of represent what I see.I would put stones little bit straight and not so angled ! I am sorry ! I didn’t want to upset you and take away excitement !! That’s the reasons I decided to go ahead with someone’s already made setting to avoid disappointment and dont stress.Maybe you will be 110%happy !! We all different !:) 9979DFDA-D8DC-41D9-A68E-9FDE0E5F93C4.jpeg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
35F7F9B3-52AD-4EAB-A156-7590A395A418.jpeg
That’s the thing lol :) I never thought about it ! How it’s important the proper “tuck” . I mean there is no way it looks bad or horrible ! Maybe i am just too picky ! But when I look straight , I only see the sides of stones ! And I would like to see the whole stone if that make sense ! I will attach the picture which kind of represent what I see.I would put stones little bit straight and not so angled ! I am sorry ! I didn’t want to upset you and take away excitement !! That’s the reasons I decided to go ahead with someone’s already made setting to avoid disappointment and dont stress.Maybe you will be 110%happy !! We all different !:) 9979DFDA-D8DC-41D9-A68E-9FDE0E5F93C4.jpeg

You aren’t being picky, and I totally see what you’re saying. I’m sure once you see it, you can’t “unsee” it either :confused2: You’re definitely not upsetting me or taking away my excitement, I assure you. I wanted your opinion since you’re wearing it on your finger every day! Plus I’ve got pretty thick skin and it takes a whole lot more than that to ruffle my feathers. :lol: I think if you like the basket design, you should see if he can modify it and recast it. I do know he will give you credit for the gold if you go another round, but I also know he has impeccable customer service and will bend over backwards to make it right. You’re just making small tweaks so it wouldn’t be like the typical headache of designing something from scratch, plus you have the advantage of already owning it and wearing it so you know exactly what needs to be edited. I say email him and do it! I just ask that you tag me so I can follow along because I live for the design process. I love watching others journeys unfold. There’s something very therapeutic about it for me. Haha!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You aren’t being picky, and I totally see what you’re saying. I’m sure once you see it, you can’t “unsee” it either :confused2: You’re definitely not upsetting me or taking away my excitement, I assure you. I wanted your opinion since you’re wearing it on your finger every day! Plus I’ve got pretty thick skin and it takes a whole lot more than that to ruffle my feathers. :lol: I think if you like the basket design, you should see if he can modify it and recast it. I do know he will give you credit for the gold if you go another round, but I also know he has impeccable customer service and will bend over backwards to make it right. You’re just making small tweaks so it wouldn’t be like the typical headache of designing something from scratch, plus you have the advantage of already owning it and wearing it so you know exactly what needs to be edited. I say email him and do it! I just ask that you tag me so I can follow along because I live for the design process. I love watching others journeys unfold. There’s something very therapeutic about it for me. Haha!
Thank you for the encouragement!! Omg! You killed me with expression “ to ruffle my feathers” it’s too funny :lol:I guess that’s the reason I liked the design ,we are very alike with you :) I have the same inspiration pictures as you did . Overall I really like the baskets design and the look ! Just these little things need to be corrected . Like you , I also love to see how ladies and some gentlemen bring their ideas and creat stunning pieces of jewelry! I always find new inspiration pieces and my desires for new rings /earrings are never ending ! Pricescope is my mind and soul therapy :love: I will keep you posted when I finally decide what to do! Either I keep it as a three stone with some corrections or do a halo ! I tried just solitary and it def not my style :roll2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I saw your ring posted on DKs IG! It really is beautiful, but I can see what you mean with the larger prongs. The original post with the same setting appears to be higher so the center stone prongs are thinner. Can you not send it back to him to polish them down or something? I’m no jeweler so I don’t know if that can even be done, but I know his customer service is over the top so he would bend over backwards to make certain you’re happy. It seems like the “tuck and tilt” you were bothered by is also more exaggerated on your ring vs the original post. Possibly because the center stone is larger?

I’m probably investing too much time and energy in a project that isnt even mine, but I somehow feel responsible because it was my design. :lol-2:

A halo would also be lovely! Your diamonds are simply gorgeous. And like you, these forums are my “getaway” from real life and I love it! It’s become a bit of an obsession. I’m also not a solitaire girl. I wanted to be, but after trying them I just craved more finger coverage. I like that you can achieve that with smaller stones with a three stone so that’s where I always end up. I didn’t want anything too ostentatious, and to get the coverage I wanted with a solitaire I’d be pushing 2.5 carats or so. :lol:

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I saw your ring posted on DKs IG! It really is beautiful, but I can see what you mean with the larger prongs. The original post with the same setting appears to be higher so the center stone prongs are thinner. Can you not send it back to him to polish them down or something? I’m no jeweler so I don’t know if that can even be done, but I know his customer service is over the top so he would bend over backwards to make certain you’re happy. It seems like the “tuck and tilt” you were bothered by is also more exaggerated on your ring vs the original post. Possibly because the center stone is larger?

I’m probably investing too much time and energy in a project that isnt even mine, but I somehow feel responsible because it was my design. :lol-2:

A halo would also be lovely! Your diamonds are simply gorgeous. And like you, these forums are my “getaway” from real life and I love it! It’s become a bit of an obsession. I’m also not a solitaire girl. I wanted to be, but after trying them I just craved more finger coverage. I like that you can achieve that with smaller stones with a three stone so that’s where I always end up. I didn’t want anything too ostentatious, and to get the coverage I wanted with a solitaire I’d be pushing 2.5 carats or so. :lol:
Hi!!:)) do you refer to his new video post on insta??:) that’s my ring after revision! He was able to extend the prongs little bit and change the tuck and the shape of center prongs . I recived the ring back yesterday and I like it much more !!!i will attach pictures for you if you notice the difference! Now it looks more sharp and kind of “finished “! Hahah ! You are so right about being at least 2.5 carat diamond to look decent as a solitaire! I was thinking the size of diamond I have now, will be pretty big and I don’t ever wish to go bigger , but i already have Shrinking syndrome :lol: . But I will def not going to buy a new diamond bcs I don’t wanna wear 15-20 thousands on my finger ! It’s too much responsibility and money o_O one part of me says it’s a good size ring , another part of me says -forget the three stone and do a huge halo , but then ,who I wish to impress with it ? Or what I wish to look bigger than is it not ? All my girlfriends don’t understand diamond thing at all :roll2: even though all of them pretty much in a good financial situation, they would never spent that money on “just a ring “ lol it’s very true that ppl who are in real love with diamonds ,who appreciate their true beauty,is a very very small percent. As a true jewelery lover ,I always pay attention to ppls jewelry when go outside . It’s such a tiny tiny percent of ppl who have good quality ones . And I don’t live in cheap area lol my neighbor’s wife(he is a doctor)never wear anything more than just simple thin diamond band . Another neighbor is petroleum engineer-his wife wears maybe 1 carat stone of not great quality. They simply don’t care :oops2: so I feel myself silly to go crazy and upset over uneven size of prongs lol oh well ,maybe I need a break from a perfect world of pricesope :lol-2: C1064D75-B6FF-48A9-A1AF-D14A6E6FACF4.jpeg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!!:)) do you refer to his new video post on insta??:) that’s my ring after revision! He was able to extend the prongs little bit and change the tuck and the shape of center prongs . I recived the ring back yesterday and I like it much more !!!i will attach pictures for you if you notice the difference! Now it looks more sharp and kind of “finished “! Hahah ! You are so right about being at least 2.5 carat diamond to look decent as a solitaire! I was thinking the size of diamond I have now, will be pretty big and I don’t ever wish to go bigger , but i already have Shrinking syndrome :lol: . But I will def not going to buy a new diamond bcs I don’t wanna wear 15-20 thousands on my finger ! It’s too much responsibility and money o_O one part of me says it’s a good size ring , another part of me says -forget the three stone and do a huge halo , but then ,who I wish to impress with it ? Or what I wish to look bigger than is it not ? All my girlfriends don’t understand diamond thing at all :roll2: even though all of them pretty much in a good financial situation, they would never spent that money on “just a ring “ lol it’s very true that ppl who are in real love with diamonds ,who appreciate their true beauty,is a very very small percent. As a true jewelery lover ,I always pay attention to ppls jewelry when go outside . It’s such a tiny tiny percent of ppl who have good quality ones . And I don’t live in cheap area lol my neighbor’s wife(he is a doctor)never wear anything more than just simple thin diamond band . Another neighbor is petroleum engineer-his wife wears maybe 1 carat stone of not great quality. They simply don’t care :oops2: so I feel myself silly to go crazy and upset over uneven size of prongs lol oh well ,maybe I need a break from a perfect world of pricesope :lol-2: C1064D75-B6FF-48A9-A1AF-D14A6E6FACF4.jpeg

Oh my goodness I feel so silly!!! I watched both videos back to back so many times but it was so hard to spot differences because they were moving. Now that you’ve put the pics side by side I can tell a big difference! I’m so happy you like it more! I think the different background colors threw me off too. :lol: Admittedly, I’m not exactly a jewelry expert either. Lol! And I completely understand what you mean about your friends not “getting it.” No one will sit down and have a lengthy conversation with me about jewelry without their eyes glazing over. Haha!

And for what it’s worth, I think the finger coverage you have right now is perfect. :kiss2:

Feel free to post new hand shots! I’d love to drool over them. :geek2: And see the before and after side shots of the basket to see how he edited the side stones to sit further out and face up more.

Ugh, I cannot wait to get my ring. It’s killing me!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I just went back and did screen shots of the sides and the difference is negligible but makes a big impact! He did a phenomenal job! My issue is that I didn’t want dead space in between the stones when you look down, so for the final CAD I actually had him tuck them in more. After seeing your revisions I think you were dead spot on by having him change it. Looks fantastic!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just went back and did screen shots of the sides and the difference is negligible but makes a big impact! He did a phenomenal job! My issue is that I didn’t want dead space in between the stones when you look down, so for the final CAD I actually had him tuck them in more. After seeing your revisions I think you were dead spot on by having him change it. Looks fantastic!
Sorry It’s a weekend and finally warm sunny weather in Houston :love: so I was trying to get kids out of the house lol :lol: and didn’t have a moment to respond you ! I didn’t have time to do a proper photo shoot hhaha but snapped some pictures while was driving kids to the park ! So here is some photos B693BE22-E875-43A9-95A8-23146970FCCF.jpeg 2BDF1798-1A26-44D0-93E3-2DE1CEBFB41C.jpeg 6623D689-9468-45B8-BFE1-2E2924D2D29B.jpeg 604F999C-A233-47B0-890F-D6F8CF66254A.jpeg 2BDF1798-1A26-44D0-93E3-2DE1CEBFB41C.jpeg B693BE22-E875-43A9-95A8-23146970FCCF.jpeg 61F53AFD-123E-4445-9B03-2FB82ADE61A2.jpeg 2F740259-7D13-45B7-8F19-466817733C15.jpeg

Attachments

• 7A5CF57B-5068-4D48-B8FD-F481BACC8CA3.jpeg
    7A5CF57B-5068-4D48-B8FD-F481BACC8CA3.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 37

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I put one picture how it looks in prospective ,but I cannot say it looks “huge” lol I am not a super tall person 5.6 and don’t know why I have a size 7 finger lol I would love to see how in real life ppl with size 3,4,5 look like :))) I don’t think there is any dead spot in the ring . Maybe it’s hard to see from the pictures , I can clearly see how now side stones face me and not sideways. Oh I am def done with projects for a while , it’s more stressful for me I would say than fun , bcs if “ fun” goes wrong you loose money and energy . Now I also appratiate more designer settings bcs I am sure they also went through lots of tries and errors to create one good design.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
No worries! Today was the first nice day we’ve had in a while too (Baton Rouge area.) I think it’s amazing and looks lovely with your band! Thank you for the impromptu photo shoot. The design is much improved, IMO!

And I’m nearly a size 8 so I understand. I see all these tiny size 4 fingers and get just the slightest twinge of jealousy because every ring looks amazing on them! I’m 5’9” though.

Thanks again for all the info and help you’ve provided. It’s very much appreciated!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No worries! Today was the first nice day we’ve had in a while too (Baton Rouge area.) I think it’s amazing and looks lovely with your band! Thank you for the impromptu photo shoot. The design is much improved, IMO!

And I’m nearly a size 8 so I understand. I see all these tiny size 4 fingers and get just the slightest twinge of jealousy because every ring looks amazing on them! I’m 5’9” though.

Thanks again for all the info and help you’ve provided. It’s very much appreciated!
You are very very welcome ! I am glad you could learn from my mistakes lol Yeah ! I think it looks better and more kind of open than before . Maybe your setting would look fine ! Maybe the reason I faced with all the issues is the lower hight . But I def love new prongs and tilt . I hope you will be able to get your ring and share your opinion.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Well when I do, I’ll be sure to tag you when I post pics! =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results