shape
carat
color
clarity

Experts in reading ASET images and IDEAL scopes,help to see if the stone has obstruction !

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Awesome job on the pictures!!!!!!
Yea the black case provides much more obstruction than your face and that is expected.
Karl! I forgot to ask you ! According to images , the diamond doesn’t have any light leakage, right ?? Thank you again !!!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You're welcome, glad I could help. :cool2:

And I know what you mean about paying full retail. It kills me too, lol. Literally I've negotiated pricing at Walmart. Not many people know you can do that.

As far as the stone, it seems it has some sentimental value having your engagement date and the number of years. FYI, I had an Asian professor that counted 88+ as an A. Apparently 8's are good luck in their culture. As a joke, I tried to get a perfect 88 in her class but ended up in the 90's instead. Apparently it's harder to throw a grade then you'd think. :lol:
Looks like this stone is trade in ! https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-de...DiamondDetails&action=newTab&catalogView=true

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl! I forgot to ask you ! According to images , the diamond doesn’t have any light leakage, right ?? Thank you again !!!
just where there should be light leakage, no issues.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thabk you !! Hope it means a green light to the diamond and can start love it :roll2: and enjoy
I was trying to be good.........

Love it, enjoy it and have a happy life!
Oh yea before i forget, a lot of pics are required too!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was trying to be good.........

Love it, enjoy it and have a happy life!
Oh yea before i forget, a lot of pics are required too!
:)) I will def come back when the ring will be done ! Need to figure out how I wanna it to be set !too many options . What I know for sure , I don’t like the look of solitaries on my finger :they look lonely :roll so it will be three stone or halo or bezel :mrgreen2:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
:)) I will def come back when the ring will be done ! Need to figure out how I wanna it to be set !too many options . What I know for sure , I don’t like the look of solitaries on my finger :they look lonely :roll so it will be three stone or halo or bezel :mrgreen2:
ruby-diamond 3 stone?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm not sure I ever saw the cert from Adiamor where you bought. You typed your proportions on your initial thread and posted a (limited) screen cap of the GIA web report on this thread.

My point and question is if the BN site is using an old cert, or if Adiamor updated the cert? Based on your previous comments I don't think you mind pre loved rings but you are worried about price and on your other pre loved rings you got a more substantial discount.

I also noticed BN has it listed $2k more than you paid. :twisted2:

Assuming it's the same 2013 cert, do you have any preference for an updated cert and will Adiamor pay to have that done for you? Or possibly live with the old cert and inspect yourself (or appraiser) and use the recert process as a bargaining chip with Adiamor to shave several hundred more off the stone. Just a thought but if they would be agreeable to pay for a recert, they should also be willing to forego the recert and discount the stone. :whistle:

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure I ever saw the cert from Adiamor where you bought. You typed your proportions on your initial thread and posted a (limited) screen cap of the GIA web report on this thread.

My point and question is if the BN site is using an old cert, or if Adiamor updated the cert? Based on your previous comments I don't think you mind pre loved rings but you are worried about price and on your other pre loved rings you got a more substantial discount.

I also noticed BN has it listed $2k more than you paid. :twisted2:

Assuming it's the same 2013 cert, do you have any preference for an updated cert and will Adiamor pay to have that done for you? Or possibly live with the old cert and inspect yourself (or appraiser) and use the recert process as a bargaining chip with Adiamor to shave several hundred more off the stone. Just a thought but if they would be agreeable to pay for a recert, they should also be willing to forego the recert and discount the stone. :whistle:
Oh no ! It’s two different stones! They have different inclusions . I found just similar stone with the same parameters for price comeperison . Bcs originally I was thinking to buy through blue Nile , I couldn’t find any 1.40 stones for my price rage . My stone I bought from Yadav -Adiamor had it for 8900$ and Yadav for 8100$ so the choice was obvious for me :mrgreen2: . Also customer service at Adiamor was horrible , they never respond properly and weren’t willing to help with any additional pictures (aset,ideal scope) never follow up with other stones I looked at their site . I think the diamond I purchase is brand new (as far as I understood from conversation ,it’s origin in Russia (I am Russian too :roll2:)but was cut in India and was shipping from there .

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ruby-diamond 3 stone?
Hmm I didn’t think of that ! I love rubies and sapphires (it happens to be my daughters’ birthstones too so I like to incorporate them in my jewelry ) but I have no idea where and how I can find good natural rubies . It’s much more easier to find diamonds !!:) I got a great pre owned pair of hearts on Fire stud earrings (at least I found something highly discounted :lol:) 0.45 each so maybe they will fit perfectly as side stones . They are in “my play dough imagine how the ring will look like “:lol: AA7DCEF3-96B9-41C9-8D06-3700BC7C1881.jpeg

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I vote for 3-stone, but I also love rubies!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you already have matching side stones, I know what I'd do if I was in your shoes. ;)2

And I see what you are saying now. Sorry about all that other hoopla -- that had to be confusing, lol. By looking at the date on the cert of your current stone, you should get an idea if it's a trade-in or "new" stone.

There have been a few cases on here where a GIA stone had notes it had a BGD logo and AGS number on the inscription. In those cases the GIA cert were dated recent but the stone was originally a BGD stone that was AGS certified from years past. Obviously just one example, but it does occasionally happen.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ok guys ! I snapped some more pictures for a final review and opinion ! If still somebody left without expressing one, please don’t be shy :roll2: I am trying to clear in all direction . And if it’s ok that this stone only 0.8 on HCA tool ! 4EF0956A-69B7-4FB4-AA7B-0B3187CEDEEF.jpeg D8FC4F0F-B898-4251-8BB8-AFC6C949138F.jpeg B1D4F99E-A27D-42FF-9059-A432CECCB04E.jpeg 31712E8B-66E9-4B94-BC13-7ED4B42BEC76.jpeg 62B0C6DB-1540-4423-8CCA-65ABB800DBF4.jpeg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thabk you Karl ! I think I need to stop analysis paralysis:lol-2: I spent less time picking and analyzing my husband bcs he was for free I guess :lol-2:
Well I am enjoying the stunning pictures!!!!! :appl:

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The ASET image was taken in a diabox machine that has a particular look to the images it produces and it was not set up particularly well.
Some tilt also.
All of the images from that supplier that were taken
what has to be the same machine are showing problems from the machine and not the diamond.
It is like the ring with the scopes on it has been knocked out of alignment. You get the same affect with the hand held scope when the scope is tilted in reference to the camera and diamond.
The IS image is using the wrong settings on the machine.
All that said its good enough for me to interpret and answer the question to my satisfaction that I am providing a reasonably sound opinion.
So yes in a long way around it was not taken correctly.

I am very curious to see any proof of such strong statements.
In Dibox1 an operator has to manually align a diamond to find best symmetrical image.
And any operator does it with some tolerance ( mistakes). It could be big and quite visible mistake sometimes. To dismiss this problem we developed Dibox2.0 with auto alignment of diamond position.

But in the sample I do not see any obvious ( big) the operator mistake.
His tilt mistake is less than 2 degree ( may be 1 degree) and it can not explain all ASET asymmetry that we see here.

Also ASET image looks very strange for me. For current diamond proportions such blue zone under crown around main facets can not come 2 degree diamond tilt.
Screenshot 2018-12-14 13.04.31.png
Either Blue ASET zone has bigger angle than 30 degree or the diamond has Pavilion painting or other reason. But small 2 degree tilt can not be a reason .

p/s Most probably the operator used IS image as reference . If he use ASET image as reference then he could receive more symmetrical ASET image in this case, but level of asymmetry ASET images will similar.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
In Dibox1 an operator has to manually align a diamond to find best symmetrical image.
And any operator does it with some tolerance ( mistakes). It could be big and quite visible mistake sometimes. To dismiss this problem we developed Dibox2.0 with auto alignment of diamond position.

His tilt mistake is less than 2 degree ( may be 1 degree) and it can not explain all ASET asymmetry that we see here.

Also ASET image looks very strange for me. For current diamond proportions such blue zone under crown around main facets can not come 2 degree diamond tilt.
Either Blue ASET zone has bigger angle than 30 degree or the diamond has Pavilion painting or other reason. But small 2 degree tilt can not be a reason .

p/s Most probably the operator used IS image as reference . If he use ASET image as reference then he could receive more symmetrical ASET image in this case, but level of asymmetry ASET images will similar.
Thank you for your opinion!! So do you think the diamond have significant issues ? Here is some pictures of girdle I was trying to take to see if much painting was done . Please help , I am still in return window timeframe ! 08CA938B-FB6A-4FA4-9923-D4EF8CAA7A95.jpeg 52335AF7-0407-4BC9-AE1B-D5BC01BBD0AF.jpeg 22413D53-AEDC-4828-AB82-580595C0394C.jpeg C75C8A83-606A-47C6-894A-0443F72DDD3E.jpeg

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Also ,if it will help in determine the error in taking photos or the issue with diamond , here are two more I think heart and arrows pictures . They also look like were taken not right ? Bcs when I checked it myself with hearts and arrow viewer,I don’t see misaligned lines ,all arrows and hearts are sharp with no different color area around . Please ,let me know what you think !! DFD2ED63-B534-44D0-AE57-83CE2386A53B.jpeg E43838CD-DC96-43E4-B9C5-7E82CCF53871.jpeg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Golden_bird
The diamond is fine, the images aren't. That you are getting different results help prove that.
However you do not seem to be happy with the diamond because of it and it appears to be causing peace of mind issues for you.
That is understandable.
You might want to consider going ahead and returning it and starting over.
This should not be causing you this kind of stress.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Golden_bird
The diamond is fine, the images aren't. That you are getting different results help prove that.
However you do not seem to be happy with the diamond because of it and it appears to be causing peace of mind issues for you.
That is understandable.

I was thinking the same thing @Karl_K.

In the big picture, it boils down to if you are happy or not. You can't let the images and values drive you bonkers, or you'll be hard pressed to ever find the "perfect" stone.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Golden_bird
That is understandable.
Karl ! Thabk you for your valuable advice ! If I was buying diamonds every day ,I would have been “easy “ to deal with :lol-2:. Frankly in my heart I am happy With a diamond and it doesn’t matter how much it costs. Two-three or more thousands more or less .I am asking advice bcs I have no clue what these images are showing and how to understand them. I completely understand what nuacence we talk about is undectecable by human eye. Even us ppl have problem with symmetry :mrgreen2: asymmetrical face features ,one foot is little bit bigger than another one and what is making us unique and differ one from another. Also I think if it was something horrible in diamond cut ,I don’t thinks GIA gemologists are so silly and gave excellent grade just for nothing. They usually ban severe painting or if symmetry is poor ,they would downgraded it too. Also I have no problem returning the stone and starring again . Correct me if I am wrong ,but almost every diamond has something “going on”. Tell me what you think

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was thinking the same thing @Karl_K.

In the big picture, it boils down to if you are happy or not. You can't let the images and values drive you bonkers, or you'll be hard pressed to ever find the "perfect" stone.
Thank you @sledge . When I face situations like that ,I wanna sell all diamonds I have and be mad at them :))) but I am more than sure ,after I calm down , I will purchase them again. It”s so called “bling addiction “ :) it’s def my hobby and my family doesn’t suffer from my financial decisions :)it’s my money to play with . I can buy 5000$ handbag or something else. But I would def will never spent so much money on handbag lol :) they don’t bring me same amount of pleasure and joy . We should keep things/people in our life which spark joy! I am more than sure ,even super ideal diamonds have some “secrets” not super ideal in some places :in some it’s type of inclusions , angles ,tables and so on .uhhhh by the end of post I know what for now the only thing which sparks joy is a glass of wine on Friday

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Correct me if I am wrong ,but almost every diamond has something “going on”. Tell me what you think
True every diamond has something even the best cut or highest clarity or color there is no such thing as perfect.
Being mind clean is very important however.
Only you can decide if this stone is mind clean for you.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also I think if it was something horrible in diamond cut ,I don’t thinks GIA gemologists are so silly and gave excellent grade just for nothing. They usually ban severe painting or if symmetry is poor ,they would downgraded it too. Also I have no problem returning the stone and starring again . Correct me if I am wrong ,but almost every diamond has something “going on”. Tell me what you think

I agree they have logic behind categorizing stones as "excellent". The problem is the criteria to hit the "excellent" category is very broad so you end up with many stones that aren't that excellent at all.

While no stone will ever be perfect, you can find stones with the right proportions, good images, etc. Small imperfections may not be noticeable to the naked eye, but just arbitrarily trusting the term "excellent" can set yourself up for failure IMO.

Thank you @sledge . When I face situations like that ,I wanna sell all diamonds I have and be mad at them :))) but I am more than sure ,after I calm down , I will purchase them again. It”s so called “bling addiction “ :) it’s def my hobby and my family doesn’t suffer from my financial decisions :)it’s my money to play with . I can buy 5000$ handbag or something else. But I would def will never spent so much money on handbag lol :) they don’t bring me same amount of pleasure and joy . We should keep things/people in our life which spark joy! I am more than sure ,even super ideal diamonds have some “secrets” not super ideal in some places :in some it’s type of inclusions , angles ,tables and so on .uhhhh by the end of post I know what for now the only thing which sparks joy is a glass of wine on Friday

Correct. No stone is perfect, not even super ideals. Heck, I can use the BGD stone I got my fiancee as an example. While it squeaks by on some of the proportions it simply is NOT the stone I would pick out today after having learned so much. The table is too big and the crown is too shallow. Consequently it produces more white light return and has bigger spread for it's weight. Technically this doesn't make it any less ideal, but rather just a personality type I wouldn't pick within that ideal range.

I was seriously contemplating an upgrade for her a few months back but then got hit with some unexpected funeral expenses. Between that and wedding expenses and also the fact we are going to foster/adopt a kid in need we just felt it was best to wait on the stone upgrade. Plus the fiancee is self employed and still building her business so I'm carrying the majority of the financial load.

Not that you need my life story, but my point was you have to be happy with whatever you own. I don't think the imperfections in your stone make it any less beautiful. I haven't seen it in person but the pictures look amazing and would be hard pressed to spend more money on something that you can't notice (as you said you had some ACA's to compare against).

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please forget the nuisances, this is a beautiful stone! If you really want peace of mind about the aset, just buy one for 30 dollars or whatever it is and take a new aset. It won't change the fact this is a great performer with lovely proportions, but you might find peace having a picture perfect ASET, the other one is simply over obstructed.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To my eyes, the ASET is definitely poorly taken. I get a similar result when I hold the ASET scope too close to the stone, effectively increasing the angle of obstruction than what is intended, therefore, showing extra blues on some crown facets and around the table reflection in the middle

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
To my eyes, the ASET is definitely poorly taken. I get a similar result when I hold the ASET scope too close to the stone, effectively increasing the angle of obstruction than what is intended, therefore, showing extra blues on some crown facets and around the table reflection in the middle
That's exactly what I suggested a few days ago. I think this diamond is gorgeous.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
True every diamond has something even the best cut or highest clarity or color there is no such thing as perfect.
Being mind clean is very important however.
Only you can decide if this stone is mind clean for you.
Thank you Karl !!!:)) I am trusting your professional opinion cause I am sure you have seen more stones than I did and know how to read all these cosmic images :mrgreen2: and it just a diamond . I don’t know what’s wrong with me . If something ,I can always buy more :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results