shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert Opinion on Sapphire Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Windows, bowties and extinction. But, better color than the first ones.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I wonder, would IndyGemLover''s bezel setting improve the appearance of a moderately windowed stone, or make it worse? A bezel will slightly darken a stone''s appearance to begin with, which is why I think you''d be safe going with a lighter stone than your original as long as it''s of a tone you like (i.e. not too gray). My hunch is that some degree of windowing, such is in those last two posted, might be SOMEWHAT less noticeable in your setting too.

I''m just musing...playing with the various trade-offs you are dealing with here.

IndyGemLover

Rough_Rock
Hi
1.gif

What do you think of this stone?

It measures 5.15 x 7.1 x 4.05 and weighs 1.45cts.

5X7sapphire.jpg

IndyGemLover

Rough_Rock
Hi, Selke,

That''s what I wonder too. If being in a bezel keeps windowing from being as big of an issue. I would think extiction would be worse simply because bezel setting a sapphire makes it appear darker to begin with. Ideally a stone has neither, I know.

You have all been so helpful and I really do appreciate it a lot
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the newest one the most so far. It just depends on what it looks like in person. Yes it has a window, but I think it's a lot better than the other ones that you've found. Where did you find this one?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
That looks like a possible contender.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 3:42:54 PM
Author: IndyGemLover
Hi
1.gif

What do you think of this stone?

It measures 5.15 x 7.1 x 4.05 and weighs 1.45cts.

MUCH better! The colour is lovely, and the cut looks pretty good too!

IndyGemLover

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone!

Thank you for all the input. I have found and ordered a stone so will post pics once it arrives.

You all have been a big help to me and I really appreciate it a lot
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results