shape
carat
color
clarity

everyday diamond hoops advice and help needed, please

I am interested in a pair of everyday diamond hoops. I have looked at Whiteflash - http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/shared-prong-diamond-hoop-earrings-1743.htm and the smallest diameter is 16mm. I really want something smaller - more along the lines of 13mm. Any suggestions? Also, I read in another post where the hoops turned out from her ears just enough that she was unable to enjoy the flash of the diamonds when she saw herself in the mirror. Would pave hoops be a better choice? Of course then you are getting smaller diamonds, and I would think the cost of the workmanship would be higher. I would love to hear your thoughts. Also, who would you go to for this sort of project? I have short hair, so earrings really show up! Also, if it helps, my piercing is about 7mm from the edge of my ear (quite tricky to measure!).

Thank you for your help!!

Q

Queenie60

Have you thought about huggies? They're quite blingy and show nicely on all ears. Go to the smtb section and search for "diamond huggie earrings" - there are many threads. DS has a thread where she shows photos of a few different sizes. Huggies are a great investment and you may enjoy them much more. Also, reach out to ID Jewelry - Yekutiel has several sizes of hoops. Go to a jewelry store and try on different sizes and shapes. Or a department store such as Nordstrom where they have quite a few costume hoops. Good luck, can't wait to see what you get. :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your holes are 7mm from the bottom of your lobe and you get 13mm huggies, that means they are going to actually touch the bottom of your lobe. Are you sure that's what you want? I definitely want the hoops to hang below my earlobe at least a little.

img_12008.jpg

_37652.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006 said:
PintoBean|1467045461|4048818 said:

Read the reviews first. I am afraid to recommend those due to the reviews.
Agreed - always read the reviews first. I can only speak from my experience. I got my pair of huggies, I tested the clasp, and it was tight, and it clicked shut, so I was good with my pair. Costco has a good return policy - just walk right in, get in line and return in store, even if you bought the piece online.

The reviews made me go out of my way to double/triple check the closing mechanisms :)

Diamond Seeker, how far is your piercing from the bottom of your lobes? Those look great on you! Not too big at all.

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
I also bought the Costco ones! Loved them but returned them to get something else. My clasp was fine and i could even sleep in them. IDJ can make you a pair at a nice price as well. I was quoted last yr for a 2ct pair in the mid $2ks. Id suspect their 1.5 ct would be in line with Costco's prices but they offer an upgrade policy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1467063371|4048977 said:
diamondseeker2006 said:
PintoBean|1467045461|4048818 said:

Read the reviews first. I am afraid to recommend those due to the reviews.
Agreed - always read the reviews first. I can only speak from my experience. I got my pair of huggies, I tested the clasp, and it was tight, and it clicked shut, so I was good with my pair. Costco has a good return policy - just walk right in, get in line and return in store, even if you bought the piece online.

The reviews made me go out of my way to double/triple check the closing mechanisms :)

Gotcha! Good thing that you checked the clasps. I wonder if they will take a return of one if the other is lost due to the clasp failure? They should! They do have a good return policy, so that is definitely a plus if a problem should arise!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Citymouse-Countrymouse|1467065250|4048983 said:
Diamond Seeker, how far is your piercing from the bottom of your lobes? Those look great on you! Not too big at all.

I just measured and I think around 7-8mm. They are not low. Thank you! I did particularly like size of the 1.0 and 1.5 ct pairs.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pair of Hearts on Fire diamond mini hoops. They are approx 1.30tcw Fvs. I love them and wear them on a daily basis. They are extremely comfortable and I have never had any problems with the hinge, they are quality made. I suppose it comes down to your budget in the end. These were expensive, but worth it. You can get an idea of size from the photo I'll. . image_4430.jpg

DS - thank you for measuring. Mine might be closer to 5mm. I am sure I am quite the sight trying to measure my ears!!

MJ - what a pretty pair you have! What is the diameter , do you know? The more I look, the more options I find. I do think DS made a good point that I might want a little space between the hoop and the bottom of my earlobe (but not too much!). 13mm may be too small a diameter after all. Am now reconsidering the 16mm size.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my Costco hoops. It is well worth it to order a pair, IMO, if just to see them in person. They are so easily returnable. It is a good comparison even if you decide to purchase them elsewhere.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Mine are about 18mm roughly. I think the best thing for you to do is try on some different sizes. That way you can see exactly what suits you best. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results