shape
carat
color
clarity

ever not bonded with a pet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just an update. Chuck is getting lots of walks and is doing better accordingly. Since I actually don''t like the name Chuck I''ve also started calling him Charlie (as in Charlie Brown, or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).

Just wanted to share, my youngest got down the peanutbutter jar and started helping herself and the dog to some peanut butter. As you can tell from the pic, she was unrepentant.

peanutbuttertreat.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops that pics huge! I still need some work on my photo shopping skills.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
I worked as a vet tech for five year and I also used to adopt dogs from the pound, work in modifying their negative behaviors, then find homes for them. While going to the pound and picking out a pet is a wonderful thing (and you really can find the some of the best dogs there) if you have special needs (travels a lot, has small children, works long hours)I really recommend adopting from a rescue organization. The dogs you get from rescue organizations, such as "Lab rescue" live with foster families who evaluate each dogs needs. This can be ideal for many people because they are able to work with the organization to find the perfect dog for them.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, I am very passionate out dogs! I love them!

Hope all works out for you!

ETA: Have you watched "The Dog Whisperer"? I know that sounds cheesy, but watching the show has REALLY helped my fiance to understand my dog. She was also abandoned, and I had to work with her TONS to get her where she is today. For me, she is perfect and obedient, but she is not very well behaved with him.

I really admire how you are trying to work with "Charlie/Chuck" through his issues. A lot of people would simply give up, but you are giving it a good shot!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are about the fifth person who says I should watch the dog whisperer. I just have basic cable, but I could see if it is on netflix. I have this one book (Great dogs, good dog owners) that have personally found useful. Our biggest problem with 2 young kids in the house and both of us working, simply not having the time to devote to it. But I feel like we are over the hump.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Adorable picture! I''m glad things seem to be looking up for you and Charlie! (I agree-Charlie is much cuter than Chuck!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results