shape
carat
color
clarity

Enlisting your expert help in finding a H&A 3-4 carat center stone

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
No, it is a private company suite with a showroom. You should make an appointment.

Oh, sorry, just saw that you had already written in your previous post that it’s by appointment.

Do they also have jewelry pieces not advertised on their website?

It sounds likely that we’ll be making a trip down after all. I too would feel 100% confident having whiteflash send the stone direct to VC , especially since I’ll have been sent all the images, video, and performance scopes by then. However, my bf suggested we go down in person to see the diamond. Since it’s a short flight and a fun experience, who am I to say no? :whistle:

Plus, I think it would be nice to admire the stone in its splendid unset state! Take some photos, try it on, basically swoon over it until I get to see it again =)2

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, sorry, just saw that you had already written in your previous post that it’s by appointment.

Do they also have jewelry pieces not advertised on their website?

It sounds likely that we’ll be making a trip down after all. I too would feel 100% confident having whiteflash send the stone direct to VC , especially since I’ll have been sent all the images, video, and performance scopes by then. However, my bf suggested we go down in person to see the diamond. Since it’s a short flight and a fun experience, who am I to say no? :whistle:

Plus, I think it would be nice to admire the stone in its splendid unset state! Take some photos, try it on, basically swoon over it until I get to see it again =)2

You will not regret going to Whiteflash! It is so much fun to meet the people behind the names. They are warm and welcoming and have some beautiful jewelry. I highly recommend it and am so glad that I got to go down there - was a fabulous experience!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They pretty much have what is on the website in the showroom including many settings. It is great to be able to compare diamond sizes in the bracelets, for example. You can always choose stones to have a piece custom made, also.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Update: the diamond has been cut and is on its way to the AGS lab in Las Vegas for evaluation. If it doesn’t meet the strict super-ideal ACA criteria, it will be resent to Belgium for further finishing. After that, it goes to Whiteflash in Houston!!

Can’t wait to hear how the AGS evaluation turns out. I’ve got my fingers optimistically crossed for “free” upgraded specs!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! Can't wait!! Fingers crossed you get free upgraded specs!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So exciting!!! :dance:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Hello ladies and gent,

I have an update!!!

The custom cut ACA stone has made its way from the cutting master in Belgium, to the AGS lab in Las Vegas, and has landed at Whiteflash in Houston.

I am very pleasantly surprised to announce that the stone weight came in higher than expected!! And may I remind you that this extra weight comes at no extra cost! :mrgreen2:

Whiteflash promised a minimum 3.60-3.65ct and the stone weighs a hefty 3.724ct!!! :dance:

I am attaching the link for you to see the stone and certificates yourselves.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4043197.htm

My only concern is that there are quite a few crystals and clouds... many visible on the magnified picture that aren't drawn on the AGS diagram. Can anyone comment on this? Is this the typical appearance of a VS2 stone? Should these be visible to the naked eye, cause haziness, or affect the light performance?

Thanks so much everyone!

Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello ladies and gent,

I have an update!!!

The custom cut ACA stone has made its way from the cutting master in Belgium, to the AGS lab in Las Vegas, and has landed at Whiteflash in Houston.

I am very pleasantly surprised to announce that the stone weight came in higher than expected!! And may I remind you that this extra weight comes at no extra cost! :mrgreen2:

Whiteflash promised a minimum 3.60-3.65ct and the stone weighs a hefty 3.724ct!!! :dance:

I am attaching the link for you to see the stone and certificates yourselves.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4043197.htm

My only concern is that there are quite a few crystals and clouds... many visible on the magnified picture that aren't drawn on the AGS diagram. Can anyone comment on this? Is this the typical appearance of a VS2 stone? Should these be visible to the naked eye, cause haziness, or affect the light performance?

Thanks so much everyone!

Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks.

WOW WOW WOW!!!! :love::love::love: That is one stunner!! Not only did it come out slightly larger, but it's just over the 10mm mark so you are sooo lucky!

I wouldn't be concerned about the inclusions - I don't see anything glaring from the video, fortunately the inclusions are white in color, and it most certainly wouldn't have made the ACA grade if there were any clarity/transparency issues hindering performance!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
FYI, just got some clarification too from Brittany at Whiteflash regarding the inclusions:

"As some of the inclusions are near a facet junction, the lighting used in our diamond image is causing the inclusion to reflect which is why it looks slightly more included in the magnified image than what is plotted on the certificate".

"Your diamond is a gorgeous VS2, the inclusions have absolutely no impact on performance, durability, or transparency. There is no haziness. They are visible under a 10x loupe, but your diamond is eye clean. The inclusions are a mix of dark and light color."

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - look at that extra weight! It looks beautiful - how do you plan to set it?

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Wow - look at that extra weight! It looks beautiful - how do you plan to set it?

Thank you @ac117 @lovedogs @MissGotRocks

The extra weight was such a huge and exciting surprise. I feel like I'm floating on a cloud!
Who doesn't love a nice upgrade!

I'm setting it in a VC Emilya Halo, with flush fit stems, and cathedral bands.

I want the the ER and wedding bands to sit flush (with a 1mm spacer in between), hence the flush-fit stems. It helps that I also like the clean streamlined look of the stems meeting at the bridge rather than at a donut. The cathedral band is for extra sturdiness. Once again, it helps that I like the extra dimension and textural 3-D detail this adds to the setting.

These tweeks allow me to combine my personal sense of aesthetics with a ring that has a little extra durability, making it an all-around win!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Your new diamond looks ridiculously amazing! Going from two carats to nearly four! How awesome.

As someone who is quite fussy about plots myself, I don't look at that plot and feel worried at all. It looks like a nice VS2! The video is sooooo magnified. It looks stunning. Congratulations!

Can't wait to see it in and on your hand! :D

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, nice weight upgrade! I can't wait to see hand shots!!!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The spread on your stone is AMAZING! 10+mm on a 3.72, WOW!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I wouldn't worry about the inclusions, they look tiny and scattered. I can't wait to see the ring!!!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That mm! You got yourself a 4 carat look:dance: without the premium price!! Gorgeous diamond

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats @ice empress. Your stone looks absolutely amazing!

Love the 34.4 crown, 40.8 pavilion and 76 LGF. Remember early on I asked about if WF could custom create a stone to user desired proportions? I had in mind a 34.5/40.7-40.8 with as close to 75 LGF's as possible. They absolutely nailed this IMO.

The size bump is just icing on the cake.

Can't wait to see pictures of the final product. This thing is going to be a-freakin'-mazing!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wheeeeee!! Sooo excited for you! Love the extra weight/ bigger measurements. The stone is beautiful!!:love::love::love:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve long admired VC’s work, particularly after frankiextah’s comparison thread of her halos (SK vs LM vs VC).

It’s new home will be an Emilya Halo with flush fit stems (i.e. no doughnut) and a cathedral band. :love:
I'm sorry, I remember you saying that now. That sucker is going to be HUGE!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results