shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Engagement Ring-thank you thank you thank you Victor Canera!

Von03

Shiny_Rock
Re: Engagement Ring-thank you thank you thank you Victor Can

Very pretty ring! Beautiful photos too. Congratulations!

ShaniB

Rough_Rock

Thank you guys!!!

Question for everyone - what thoughts do you have for a wedding ring?

Richo55555

Rough_Rock

Beautiful ring - love your centre stone. It looks really big. The ring is so elegant. I would get a matching WB with stones to you ER. The same thickness of the ER. It looks like you have stones on the donut part of your ER. A consideration - a spacer between. Others will more knowledge will comment on the technical side not to damage stones. You could have two matching made and wear one each side of you lovely ER- just an idea.

ShaniB

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the thought!

I am definitely considering a simple matching band. But was also wondering about what it would look like as a non matching set.
Maybe a weddung band that would be a half eternity that is the about twice the width of the e-ring shank (maybe 3.6mm?) but yet still the same "height" off the finger, if that makes sense so that the wedding ring stick higher off the finger than the e ring shank.

And with a .75 mm spacer in between to protect.

What do you guys think about that idea?

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

I love my spacer. But just to let you know, I have a 1mm spacer and it's very very thin, so I think if you went thinner than that you may not be happy with it...just a thought. I got mine on esty from here:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/108860202/solid-14k-rose-yellow-and-white-gold-tri?ref=sr_gallery_31&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade

She's so sweet and I love my spacer. Almost wish I had gotten a rose gold twist band...I like the contrast.

himni

Shiny_Rock

I think for the spacer you shouldn't get one under 1mm. I got one smaller & it looks odd, like really fragile & too out of place.

Katba1ou

Rough_Rock

the ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! Can i ask what the width of the band is? :)

ShaniB

Rough_Rock

Thanks Kat - my band width is 1.8mm (the shank). I like that width b/c I wanted a shank that was thin to allow the stone to pop but didn't want it so thin that the melee diamonds didn't look like a "gray dot." I like 1.8 mm b/c its thin but the melee stones are still quite distinctly diamond-like.

4diamond and himni - good thought on the spacer. I was thinking one like this one:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-72-k-rb-solitaire-bgd-dream-eternity-0-75-mm-spacer.176422/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-72-k-rb-solitaire-bgd-dream-eternity-0-75-mm-spacer.176422/[/URL]

And rose gold maybe to kind of "meld" color into skin tone and look more invisible than a platinum one, maybe?

Katba1ou

Rough_Rock

I completely agree, it really does make the diamond pop pop pop!!! I'm thinking of getting a think band for my new engagement ring but my stone is going to be a fraction of the size of yours (.75) so i need some popping power :)

sina

Rough_Rock

I would get a thicker eternity band. I don't like matchy rings at all. I love the look of a thin engagement ring with a slightly thicker wedding band, around 2.7-3mm.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

I don't know how I missed this thread-your ring is absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty ring! Congrats again!

RoyalRaindrop63

Rough_Rock

Hi ShaniB! This is a long shot that you'll see this thread but if you do can you please let me know how you like your ring 2-3 years later? Have you had any issues with stones falling out, etc? You don't choose rings like this for durability but I am wondering just how fragile it is because I'm getting the exact same setting but debating whether I should get pave in the prongs/basket or not. I am letting VC know tomorrow.

The pictures are absolutely gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results