shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring 0.4 or 0.5 carat

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock
we have the same ring size. Last time i buy a ring for her i just measure it on my finger and it fit one her. so i measure the circumferenze of my finger. I tried many time, a bit worried when i see that (R 1/2) was the max size that i can choose from the list.
I have asked now her roomates to find a way to measure one of her ring to be sure

Hope none tells away your plans :razz: girls are talking...
also measures are different from finger to finger, which finger did she try that ring on? still, modifying the ring by enlarging or removing few measures is not that hard. i think any jewelry shop around your place can do it, its the least thing to worry about

my girlfriends sleeps deep, it takes a tank to wake her up...i bought some plastic dummy rings with different sizes and while she was asleep at about 2 am (ive had an alarm set, even the clock ringing didnt wake her up) i've tried those dummy rings on her.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Just remember that a ring setting can be resized - without visible deformations - only a couple of sizes up or down...

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
a bit worried when i see that (R 1/2) was the max size that i can choose from the list.

English size R 1/2 is Italian size 19.5 , which is considered on the big side...
Measuring the finger circumference is not the best way to determine ring size.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I don't want to be a party pooper, but the risk is spending 1K € on a ring setting that can't be resized ...

knculo

Rough_Rock
I don't want to be a party pooper
Absolutely not, i specified the ring size in the message also to see if it seems strange or if it is pretty common.
I just ordered a ring sizer on amazon and expedite it to her roommates.

1713186153664.png

They shold just find a way to measure one of her ring.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
R 1/2 is not pretty common, that's why I dared to ask you if you're sure that is the right ring size.

Good idea investing on a ring sizer.

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock
Similar kit but plastic i got.

My gf has a 51.5 size. R1/2 would translate to a 60 size which is pretty much. Better wait for the results from you gf's friends. Wait for the results before they ship it to you.

I buy the ring setting locally so they resize it for free.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely not, i specified the ring size in the message also to see if it seems strange or if it is pretty common.
I just ordered a ring sizer on amazon and expedite it to her roommates.

1713186153664.png

They shold just find a way to measure one of her ring.

Congratulations, the stone will be beautiful!

One problem is if she wears a ring on the middle finger or index finger instead of the ring finger and the roommates don't know and think it fits her ring finger, the size can easily be 2 or more different across fingers. How big is she as a person? Does she have big hands? Do you know her height/weight/dress size? Do you have a photo of her hands? They won't be able to tell us her finger size but can maybe help understand if a R 1/2 is plausible.

I have big hands but relatively slim fingers for their size and am fairly tall and average weight (171cm/64kg). My thumb/index/middle fingers are a P, ring finger is an N. Again, height/weight can't tell someone's ring size directly but an R 1/2 would be a fairly big ring finger size so we would expect someone who has this size to be a relatively tall or heavy person or to have big hands for their size.

knculo

Rough_Rock
She is 1.58, not skinny, but neither fat. I think she is slightly above normal weight (I don’t know her weight). Medium dress size.
Yes I have some photos.
1713203901032.jpeg
1713203912498.jpeg
1713203923571.png
1713203984862.png

That’s the best I found in my gallery

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many lovely women have a ring size like that! It is not so big in real life. Just like there are plenty of women who wear clothing larger than the so called "standard" sizes there are plenty of women who have ring size larger than "standard"!

It is safest to get her sized in a store. Or borrow that flower ring and take it to be sized in a store. She is wearing it on the right finger.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Oh she's so lovely! And I think your ring choice will look perfect on her!

It also looks like the silver ring that's on her middle finger in some photos is on her right hand ring finger in the last photo. If you get her roommates to check the size of that and the flower ring, you will have a close enough idea if you want to keep it as a surprise! It should at least be within the 1-2 size range that can easily be changed. Of course the most accurate thing would be to go together to a store, but I understand if you don't want to do that. There are also little temporary sizing plastic pieces that look like old-fashioned telephone cords which would work if the ring is too big. I use these because my knuckle is kind of big so it helps prevent the ring from spinning and my mother used one for a few weeks until she could get her surprise engagement ring resized. I'm not suggesting this one in particular and have no idea what you can get delivered to you anyways, but this is the kind of product. It should only cost a few dollars. https://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Adjuster-Loose-Rings-Assorted/dp/B06XW7D2GX

And absolutely, if R 1/2 is her size then that's perfect! Plenty of people are that ring size, I definitely didn't mean to make any comments that could be seen as negative!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Many lovely women have a ring size like that! It is not so big in real life. Just like there are plenty of women who wear clothing larger than the so called "standard" sizes there are plenty of women who have ring size larger than "standard"!

It is safest to get her sized in a store. Or borrow that flower ring and take it to be sized in a store. She is wearing it on the right finger.
Facts:
1) the OP stated he didn't know his gf's ring size;
2) the ring mounting costs nearly 1000 €;
3) the OP decided to order R 1/2 size by taking his own finger's circumference and by calculating the corrispondent ring size;
4) sending the ring back to 77diamonds would cost too much so, if the ring size is wrong, the OP has to have it resized locally;
5) sizing up or down a couple of sizes is possible without visible deformations; sizing up or down four or five sizes can lead to setting's deformations;
6) the OP ordered a ring sizer from Amazon and got it shipped to his gf's roommates who should be able to get gf's actual ring size.

@Dreamer_D : when you say: "Many lovely women have a ring size like that! [omissis] there are plenty of women who have ring size larger than "standard"! ", you're admitting that R 1/2 isn't standard - it's on the larger side for the fourth finger - : it's just a fact about average ring size, average is based on statistics, there's no negative connotation!

My advice to the OP is getting his gf's actual ring size and then ordering the setting, otherwise 77diamonds may charge an extra cost if the order is changed after they got the diamond mounted on the wrong size mounting.
Pictures show that gf is a beautiful young woman who's ring size might or might not be R 1/2.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Errata: who's
Corrige: whose

knculo

Rough_Rock
I definitely didn't mean to make any comments that could be seen as negative!

You didn't, nobody did, I appraciate all your answers.

Of course is totally fine, whatever her ring size is.
I start questioning my choise just becouse R 1/2 was the maximum i could choose.
today the ring sizer should arrive and i will get rid of all doubts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results