shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring 0.4 or 0.5 carat

knculo

Rough_Rock
Good morning all,
I found on 77diamonds six diamonds that are in my budget and are classified with “ideal cut” some of them were already showed by @0515vision.

1712993720224.jpeg
1712993733564.jpeg
1712993749479.jpeg

1712993780495.jpeg
1712993793654.jpeg
1712993803597.jpeg

1712993834256.jpeg
1712993847996.jpeg
1712993859710.jpeg

knculo

Rough_Rock
1712993910300.jpeg
1712993922611.jpeg
1712993959237.jpeg

1712993996284.jpeg
1712994008045.jpeg
1712994021066.jpeg

1712994057853.jpeg
1712994070635.jpeg
1712994082946.jpeg

Could you please suggest me which of them are a good choice?
Thanks to all

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock
@knculo: please take your time to learn how to read a diamond certificate...learn about cloud, feather and cavity.

I'm sure the other PSers disagree, but in my honest opinion this is the perfect diamond
Impeccable GIA certificate and AGS0

Youve not linked any diamond but the filtering window just

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
@knculo: please take your time to learn how to read a diamond certificate...learn about cloud, feather and cavity.

I'm sure the other PSers disagree, but in my honest opinion this is the perfect diamond...impeccable GIA certificate and AGS0

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
0.51 Carat Round diamond
Colour F | Clarity IF | Cut CI
€2,241
(Price is for the diamond only. Price excludes VAT)

Certified & Conflict Free

Only One Available

Lifetime Warranty

Free Insured Delivery Learn More

Sourced With Care

DIAMOND DETAILS
Type:
Natural diamond
Code:
RBPUIFSWQSXJAP5
Shape:
Round
Carat:
Colour:
F
Clarity:
IF
Cut:
Cupid's Ideal
Polish:
Excellent
Symmetry:
Excellent
Fluorescence:
None
Measurements
5.16x5.18x3.17mm
L/W Ratio:
Table:
56.00%
Depth:
61.40%
Certificate:
GIA | View certificate »
AGS | View certificate »

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
@knculo: scusami, sto navigando da cellulare, ho problemi con il link

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 and 2 are good. The rest are less good and I wouldn't consider them

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I like 1 the best. The second is good, too, but the table stays bright on 1 upon rotation a little more than 2.

The center pattern of some of the ASETs is disorganized. Don’t want that.

@purplesilk’s choice is also nice, and I put it on par with 2. Since I’m on my phone, I can’t upload the link. You’re so close @knculo!

IMG_7860.png IMG_7859.jpeg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Just my opinion: actual video of #1 diamond 0.55 G VS2 shows some spots...I know that they won't probably be visibile to the naked eye, but I wouldn't want them in my engagement diamond.
About the ASET: as far as I know, the green area in the center won't visibly affect the diamond performance in real life.
Again, just my opinion.

knculo

Rough_Rock
This is the link of the diamond suggested by @purplesilk
So actually the choice is between
0.55 G VS2
0.62 E VS2
0.51 F IF

I’m trying to understand more the difference looking carefully at the video of this three, but to me are all beautiful. So I prefer trust all you guys.
regarding the first
Pro: It is really quoted, so I would go for this
Cons: the G color and VS2. If I give the certificate to my girlfriend could seem as I go for low quality diamond. (I know it is a stupid argument, but I’m really struggling choose the right diamond and I don’t want she to think I don’t)

The second
Pro: it is the biggest, E color
Cons: again VS2

The third:
Pro: IF clarity
Cons: the smallest and most expensive (probably due to IF)

Till now, I’m inclined to choose the first one

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
How big a surprise is this? Are you two able to talk about diamonds and learn together? Every person is different, and every couple is different. It would be great if she could see how much time and effort you've put into this.

It would be great if the two of you could agree as a couple what aspects are more important than others. I imagine it's a teensy bit like what parenting is supposed to be.
(Can you tell I don't have kids? :lol:)

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock
Hey. Beware that if you order today, the diamonds will probably arrive by 16th of May.
I have just ordered one today and thats the delivery date displayed on the order.

Well, regarding the struggle to find a good diamond...after talking to some of my friends about my struggle...they all considered me to be crazy and to overthink it.
Guess both you and me did more than 95% of the men out there. 2 colleagues told me that they walked in jewelry shops with girlfriends and actually the girls chose the ring and that was it...

If she is interested in diamonds as both of us are i'm sure she'll look up and find that good cut diamonds are harder to find than D-IF Diamonds (given you must just set a filter and pick first diamond D-IF). If she is not interested in all this...she'll just be happy with a good looking diamond, regardless of G-VS2.

Now...about how is their light performance...up to the experts to tell if its significant.
just like my decision and like @MissGotRocks told me, there is no perfect diamond, its all about trade-offs.

knculo

Rough_Rock
How big a surprise is this? Are you two able to talk about diamonds and learn together?
Pretty big I think. She didn’t expect I want to propose to her. We are young, I’m turning 29 this year, she is 26, still studying.
We have been together for 6 year now.
Also I want to choose the ring, I think it is a beautiful things when you propose and she see the ring for the first time.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the link of the diamond suggested by @purplesilk
So actually the choice is between
0.55 G VS2
0.62 E VS2
0.51 F IF

I’m trying to understand more the difference looking carefully at the video of this three, but to me are all beautiful. So I prefer trust all you guys.
regarding the first
Pro: It is really quoted, so I would go for this
Cons: the G color and VS2. If I give the certificate to my girlfriend could seem as I go for low quality diamond. (I know it is a stupid argument, but I’m really struggling choose the right diamond and I don’t want she to think I don’t)

The second
Pro: it is the biggest, E color
Cons: again VS2

The third:
Pro: IF clarity
Cons: the smallest and most expensive (probably due to IF)

Till now, I’m inclined to choose the first one

None of these 3 are bad choices. All are better cut than 95% of diamonds out there. My personal preference is for #1, but again, none are a bad choice.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Between these 3
0.55 G VS2
0.62 E VS2
0.51 F IF

I would pick between 0.62 and 0.51. The 0.55 may not be eye clean depending on how good your eyes are. Inclusions that show up on the arrows tend to be more visible than in other locations.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
If I give the certificate to my girlfriend could seem as I go for low quality diamond. (I know it is a stupid argument, but I’m really struggling choose the right diamond and I don’t want she to think I
don't)

I'm very reluctant to post because you already know what would be my choice but I think it can be significant to tell the cultural reasons behind it.

No, it's not a stupid topic because you'll surely give your gf the certificate and she'll probably show it to parents/siblings/friends.
As a PSer, I know cut is the most important C, but common people only know about carat, color and clarity ...most of common people think that cut means shape...
...and, funny but true, saying:" my diamond is half a carat" is more impressive than saying:"my diamond is sixtytwo points" and then you have to explain people what 62 points means..

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
The 0.55 may not be eye clean depending on how good your eyes are. Inclusions that show up on the arrows tend to be more visible than in other locations.

Exactly my concerns as I posted #71

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I prioritize cut color then clarity in the case of an engagement ring. IF all things are equal I would pick an E with lower clarity than a G with higher clarity.

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock
By the way, whiteflash do deliver to Italy.

Given that 77diamonds does not have in stock the diamonds selected by you, it will take a lot of time to have them delivered.

Considering that WhiteFlash has in stock their ACA, you should receive them really quick. i ll get in touch with their support for more info.

Edit: theres the 2.5% duty fee / that VAT 22% and a fee called "small" be their support for FedEx Custom Brokerage services. We have not managed to find exactly how much is that but she has asked her colleagues from shipping who may have more info on that. Tomorrow they'll reach back to me with more info and i'll let you know :)

Additional to 77diamonds is the 2.5% duty tax and the FedEx brokerage costs. if those are no significant, you could take into account.

Last edited:

knculo

Rough_Rock
Thanks @Vladovici but seems that the diamond I’m interested in are both in stock, it should arrive 25/29 April, with setting it should take 2/3 days more. It’s good for me.

I’m choosing the setting right now. I’m undecided about this, too

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock
Oh, well then, youre luckier than me!

knculo

Rough_Rock
I finally make the order
I’m so excited and I want to thank you all for your help. I really appreciate.

I finally go for a solitaire with 6 pin and the 0.62 E VS2 Diamond.
I can’t wait to see it.
It should arrive the first days of may.
I will update and post it as soon as I got it in my hand.

Thanks thanks thanks everyone

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock
We’re excited for you and would love to see photos/videos once you get it!

agree!! really excited to see it in real life and also to hear about your soon-to-be wife reaction :D

If you would have not bought the 0.62 E diamond I would have bought it :D

knculo

Rough_Rock
the order is confirmed but the delivery date has moved to May 10, due to the ring size (R 1/2).

@Vladovici i pay with bank transfer and today the order was not confirmed, i was worried someone could buy my diamond since it was still available :D. I call them and send the receipt of the payment and now is confirmed.

Last edited:

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock
quite long time to wait, similar to mine.
i'm still waiting a response from them if they could expedite faster :)

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
the order is confirmed but the delivery date has moved to May 10, due to the ring size (R 1/2).

@Vladovici i pay with bank transfer and today the order was not confirmed, i was worried someone could buy my diamond since it was still available :D. I call them and send the receipt of the payment and now is confirmed.

I'm just curious, how did you get her ring size?

knculo

Rough_Rock
we have the same ring size. Last time i buy a ring for her i just measure it on my finger and it fit one her. so i measure the circumferenze of my finger. I tried many time, a bit worried when i see that (R 1/2) was the max size that i can choose from the list.
I have asked now her roomates to find a way to measure one of her ring to be sure

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results