shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Engaged with Mark Morrell Petite Torchiere!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Orchid Lei, oooohh shiny and lknvrb4! My ring is blushing!

I just realized I forgot to put up the beautiful glam shots that Mark sent.

LittleRiverTorch12.JPG

LittleRiverTorch13.JPG

LittleRiverTorch14.JPG

LittleRiverTorch15.JPG

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful ring and congratulations on your engagement to be MARRIED!!! :appl:

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!! What a beautiful ring and a beautiful occasion to celebrate! It looks spectacular on your hand. MM does such smooth and delicate work! His platinum really always looks like liquid to me! :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
LittleRiver|1317561680|3031115 said:
My FI (!) proposed yesterday so I am now engaged! I knew the ring was in the house so I did not think she would be able to surprise me, but she did -- she proposed at 8:30 AM!! We live in post-marriage equality NY and we are so happy to be engaged to be legally married.

Now on to the good stuff :naughty: Center is a 1.06 F SI1 H&A Canadian diamond from Good Old Gold. (Special thanks to nfowife for finding the stone.) Setting is MWM's Petite Torchiere. Ring is a small 5.75.
GORGEOUS. I LOVE everything about it.

Congratulations on your engagement AND for being able to marry who you love! I will never get the legalized discrimination of such a thing. Love is love, it should be legal, and everyone deserves to be happy and married to their partner, gay or straight.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement LittleRiver!!

Your ring is just beautiful :love: and I wish you all the best in your journey to and through marriage :bigsmile:

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes pixgirl, LittleSparkle, ame and Yssie!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
ame said:
GORGEOUS. I LOVE everything about it.

ame, I love your rings back! Your set is exactly the look I am going for.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww! Well I can't wait to see which band goes with this gorgeous ering!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's soo beautiful, elegant and timeless! It's perfect! Congratulations to you both! your FI did great! :appl:

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
Ooh! She did good! :love:

I love that setting! Congratulations!!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Love the setting. And the stone looks ICY white! Totally gorgeous :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! Do we get to help you buy her a ring too now?

smc7277

Rough_Rock
LOVE that setting!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's stunning - looks perfect on you!! Congrats! :appl:

Supers

Shiny_Rock
I do love this ring - looks great on you.
Sorry if this is a rude question, but does she get some kind of engagement ring too?

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Many many thanks Christina, gemdandy, OCgirl, Gypsy, smc727, junebug17 and Supers!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy said:
GORGEOUS! Do we get to help you buy her a ring too now?

Gypsy, I wish! Then I would have an excuse to shop for another diamond ring! But FI isn't into sparklies. She will wear a plain wedding band.

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Supers said:
Sorry if this is a rude question, but does she get some kind of engagement ring too?

Not a rude question at all! FI has noticed that when she tells people about our engagement their eyes immediately drop to her left hand. So there is definitely an expectation, but FI chose not to wear an engagement ring.

This reminds me -- when we first started looking we went to Tiffany just to get an idea, and the sales associate was thrilled to be waiting on us. He was hoping he could sell us TWO diamond rings ;))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just worked with a lesbian couple for their wedding and one girl wore a traditional engagement ring and the other a band with burnished diamonds set into it. I don't know what kind of bands they got though. They were perfectly selected by personality. The girl wearing the traditional e-ring was EXTREMELY girlygirl, and her now wife was not girlygirl for the most part, though in their engagement photos they both dressed very girly. They are a gorgeous couple too.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! So happy to have helped you. Wear it in health and happiness always!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tee hee - I was wondering about the 2 engagement rings too!!!! Enjoy your engagement!!!!!!!! :appl:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations, your future wifey did great! And yay for NYC-- I'm just waiting for CA to get their sh** back in order ;-)

smc7277

Rough_Rock
Came back for a second look.. Yep, still love that setting :love:

chicagogirl6

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! such classic setting! Lucky you that you can get legally married in NY. We had to drive to Iowa for our legal marriage and had a civil union in Illinois.

Ohhhh when is the big date???

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
ame, I showed FI a band with the diamond set flush and she thought it looked like a man's ring! She really was insistent about no diamonds. She is excited to wear a wedding band, though, which is cute.

nfowife, I was hoping you would see this thread! Thank you!

motownmama, you are too cute, thanks for checking back in!

HNL, thank you! Here's hoping you can get married in CA very soon!

smc7277, I love it too!! Thank you!

chicagogirl6, we do feel very lucky. I hope you will have the same rights very soon! We are hoping for an October 2012 wedding but my mother is already telling me it's not enough time to plan :o

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring and diamond, congrats! :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, it's gorgeous!! This is one of my all time favorite solitaire settings!! :love: :love:

danyhutch

Rough_Rock
Littleriver!!! your ring is absolutly bautifull! :appl: Please post some pics with your wedding ring and keep us updated! can't wait to see the complete set!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That setting is just sheer perfection and the stone is an absolute beauty.

PalmBeachLady

Rough_Rock
Beautiful setting! It looks lovely on your pretty hand, I am so jealous! Best wishes on your engagement.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results