shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Engaged with Mark Morrell Petite Torchiere!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
A big thank you to Skippy, Tuckins1, danyhutch, Sundial and PalmBeachLady! I feel so very lucky to be the owner of this ring!

PalmBeachLady, welcome to PS :wavey:

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your FI did great! Love the stone and the setting - really gorgeous, simple and timeless. Suits you very well! Wear it in good health and happiness! Can't wait to see the band to go with this :wink2:
We read this yesterday with my partner and we both thought it was so much like our situation! The ring has been in the house for the past 3 weeks, now she is travelling tomorrow for 8 days and after she comes back I am travelling for a week! So it will probably happen some time after I come back! :naughty: I can't wait! :love: It's exactly same here with the rings, only I want to wear an engagement ring (she doesn't) and she also only wants a plain band for a wedding band! I've been trying to persuade her for months to get at least a band with some diamonds, but no, it's not happening! :lol:
The best of luck for your future together! I am so pleased for you =) (Love NY btw, lived close by for a year, so spent a lot of time there)
xxxx

rj786

Rough_Rock
Hi Little River,

Absolutely amazing... I went with Mark Morrell because of your pictures.
Is your ring modified at all? Did you work with Mark to have minor things change / customize? or is this exactly the Petite Torchiere that mark advertises?

Thanks for the pics!

-RJ

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
So elegant! Love it. Congrats!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous and perfect. Congratulations! Wishing you lots and lots and lots of happiness.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yay! Lovely and congratulations!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is from 2011. :wink2:

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
rj786 said:
Hi Little River,

Absolutely amazing... I went with Mark Morrell because of your pictures.
Is your ring modified at all? Did you work with Mark to have minor things change / customize? or is this exactly the Petite Torchiere that mark advertises?

Thanks for the pics!

-RJ

Congrats on your upcoming engagement, RJ! I'm so glad my photos helped you decide. This is the classic Petite Torchiere without modifications, and it is perfect to me. I did work with Mark to create a custom wedding band, and he was very responsive. Since I got my ring, Mark has developed an "extreme" version of the Petite Torchiere that I've seen on PS. It is amazing, too :love:

Many thanks to LFVDoll, IndyLady, and Tourmaline for the kind words!

orbaya said:
This thread is from 2011. :wink2:

haha, I was wondering if anyone would notice! I've been married for over a year now, but always happy to talk about my ring ;)) And because this is PS, I can't resist posting a pic of my set.

_14481.jpg

lilsweetie

Rough_Rock
Have you had any trouble with the surprise diamonds in the head? Since you have now had your ring for a while, I'm wondering if you still like the surprise diamonds or if they have been problematic at all for cleaning, falling out, etc.

I am trying to decide between a plain 6 prong solitaire or the MWM Torchiere with or without surprise diamonds. Thanks!!!

emeraldluvr

Rough_Rock
That diamond is just breathtaking! Congrats!!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
lilsweetie said:
Have you had any trouble with the surprise diamonds in the head? Since you have now had your ring for a while, I'm wondering if you still like the surprise diamonds or if they have been problematic at all for cleaning, falling out, etc.

I am trying to decide between a plain 6 prong solitaire or the MWM Torchiere with or without surprise diamonds. Thanks!!!

What a surprise to see this thread bumped after 3+ years! I still love my ring and stare at it all the time. I haven't had a problem with the surprise diamonds.

Mark's work is breathtaking in person, although the differences between the PT and a standard Tiffany setting probably aren't noticeable to anyone but me. The surprise diamonds and heart prongs are definitely for the wearer's eyes only. However, to me those details are worth it.

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Simply stunning!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! And congrats on your engagement. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results