shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT engaged....whew

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happy times for you! .... and that ring - hey! holy moly! nice souvenir of a beautiful beginning : )

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I love the split shank :love: Congratulations :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring. Congratulations.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement! Your ring is a beauty. Lovely combination of the metal shank and the pave halo.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations ... On your engagement as well as your drool worthy, gorgeous ring! :appl: I love that style split shank, and your OMC is just so lovely!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
ame home and was hit by a cold. Agh, probably from touching all of the handrails in the Aquarium.…sorry for my delay in acknowledging all of your comments. I’ve been so happy and distracted the last couple of days, too.

SirGuy – Thanks! I was so excited to see (and wear) the finished ring.
Calliecake – Thanks so much. We had an amazing day. HUGS
VirginiaZee- Thank you!
VRBeauty- Thanks so much. I was happy with how it came out. The halo does almost have a lacy effect.
Jillianfl- Thank you, this OMC has been so much fun to wear. <3
Candygrl – Thanks!
Polished- Thanks so much. I’m a plain shank fan too
Missy – Thank you my dear. That was such a whirwind of a day. I had chided him not to go through any bother or fuss but he wanted to do it the way he wanted to do it  I am so glad he did, those are great memories.
Kathley – thank you!
RandG – Thanks, I had to find a middle ground on the setting. He is not a fan of the antique settings like I am, so this was a solid compromise. In the end, the old cut sparkles like a fire ball, and so I am a happy lady! We stopped by a Maul store last night to walk off dinner and browse for band ideas for him and I handed it to a clerk for cleaning and didn’t say anything about the ring and shopped with my fiance. I turned around when she started explaining, “Oh my gosh, what IS this!!!!, it’s sooo pretty! And called an associate over to look in the microscope. I had such a fun moment of explaining about old cuts and how they act differently than newer designs…etc. Showed her how wonky the old stone is and so on. The girl is looking for an e-ring herself and I took her email and sent her info on old cuts, Pricescope and a couple of favorite old cut vendors. It was fun to show and tell about an old cut!
MissGotRocks
MisGotRocks – thanks so much, it was a BEAUTIFUL day for sure!
Baby monster – thanks…I am breaking out my MOLBBQ soon! 
DandT – thanks so much!
Momhappy- Thank you, too!
Msop4 – thank you!
Crystal24k – thank you!
Ckrickett – Thanks so much!
Diamondseeker2006 – Specs posted and good reminder. Thanks for the best wishes!
Tourmaline – thank you very much
Junebug17 – man, I am EXCITED to see this on my hand too! HA, I have been waiiiiting to get my hands on it.
Scarlett1 – thanks to you, too
Aprilbaby – thanks!!
LLJsmom – thank you, too
Travelgal – thanks! The center stone stole my heart when I saw it. It is not perfect but I just loved it.
Jimmianne- Right?! I never had a better souvenir from a great day. I bought a glass jellyfish too, but that’s not even a close 2nd ;-)
Wolfmomma – thanks!
Marcy – thank you too
Acinom – Thank you, I liked the contrasts too. Very happy with it
JoCoJenn- Thanks so much!

Appreciate all of the comments and patience you all have had while I rattled on so long about this diamond. 

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
20140819_125937.jpg
20140818_083036.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new pics! So so beautiful! :love: :love: :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! :wavey: Your ring is beautiful!... :love: :appl:

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Congrats!

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
moneymeister|1408555340|3736280 said:
OMG!!!! I saw your avatar on another thread and clicked through your profile to find out more about this beautiful ring!! :love: I adore the split shank with the halo! What a wonderful engagement day as well!

Many congratulations to you both!!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this is just really, really lovely. Your diamond is to die for! Personality and grace. I'm happy for you, congratulations!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
One more hand shot. I love taking pictures of my ring...Ummm, I am sure I will calm down soon! Here's a little better handshot, it gives an idea of the coverage, I think. Taking the close-ups, I can see a slight tilt fish eye & a wonky outline. A fireball in low light. In morning light it shows a slight vanilla color. Ring is a 7.25, Ritani split shank, center 1.04, VS1, I (sorry to be redundant, trying to help anyone looking at the shot to keep from scrolling)

Junebug17 - Thanks again :) I am having fun with the pictures. I figure no one will mind much and maybe someone who is considering this setting can get a better feel.
DF - Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your new one soon, too!
OrchidLei - I appreciate it, thank you
missymoo - wow, I am so flattered you like it so much. Wow, thanks for the congrats and letting me know...we're apparently both old cut lovers <3
apacherose - Thanks very much. It is a wonky charmer for me too :) I appreciate your congratulations!

wholehandshotsm.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this. I think plain shank halos are such a fun twist on a common style. Makes it really stand out!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
He did a great job!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! Your ring looks wonderful! :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the picture with the cranberry colored polish. Wow does the ring pop and that stone! It's just gorgeous Moneymeiser!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love the look of a plain shanked halo, it makes the bling look like it's floating on your finger. ;))
Congratulations on your engagement, and wear in good health!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Sooo, the sun came back out today. I snapped a couple more pictures. Forgive me! I love looking at close ups, my old eyes arent what they used to be. In any event...a couple of more pics

This one shows the french set better
2014-08-25_17.png

This one better shows the warm color I sometimes see, depending on the light. It's an I colored stone and the cushion cut helps intensify the color. I like the warm vanilla that shows up when the sun hits the side, but usually it looks rather white in most conditions.
2014-08-25_17_0.png

2014-08-25_17_1.png

Hope this helps anyone looking at getting this setting from Ritani. One thing I like it how low the setting is - it is very wearer friendly.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Niel - thanks! I have tried on the setting with diamond bands and I keep coming back to a plain band to match! I know, it's just so anti-PS to skip the diamond band :).

Pregcurious - agreed! I am so going to keep him! :) He did good and I am so grateful he let me join in the selection process.

hearts-arrows_girl, thank you VERY much!

Calliecake - I love the red more too. Heh, live and learn. Thanks for telling me your thoughts on it

Bonfire - Thank you! very excited and thanks for your good wishes

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your lovely ring and engagement!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the throw back @MMtwo ! Still a gorgeous looking ring!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, thank you! <3
It just struck me, this was nine years ago and almost my anniversary. What a happy memory.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results