shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged to the love of my life with the ring of my dreams!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Hi, everybody!
35.gif
I've been a PS member for several months now, but haven't really posted anything... just silently admired everybody's beautiful rings and absorbed very useful information. Anyways, I'm finally engaged!!! Now it's my time to shine! Literally!!!
36.gif
So here's the story...

My fiance, Robbie, and I have been dating for 4 and a 1/2 years and starting talking about getting engaged last summer. After he asked my parents for their blessing, my mother provided him with a ring. She bought it for herself when she was twenty something and it was a round brilliant in a simple yellow gold solitare setting. She hasn't worn it for a long, long time and has set it aside for this special occasion. That in itself means so much to me and makes the ring all the more special. Also, we don't have the specs on the stone and my mom doesn't remember what the specs are after having it for over 25 years. I'll let you all know when we take it in to get appraised. Anyways, we knew we were going to reset the diamond and Robbie wanted to get an idea of my taste, so we went ring shopping. I tried many different rings, one of them being a Ritani Endless Love bezel ring. Robbie said the look on my face was priceless! I had the goofiest smile on my face and my hands were shaking. But I knew we couldn't get this ring... it was waaaayyyy over our budget. I showed him other rings that I liked and also mentioned we could go the custom route. I was afraid to have a similar Ritani ring made because I wasn't sure how it would turn out. The micropave and the tiny bezel seemed like it would be difficult to replicate... I was very hesitant. We didn't rule it out though, and I also told him I love shared prong eternity band settings with double claw prongs. Yum! Ultimately, the choice was Robbie's.

Well, I thought I'd figure out when he'd propose... I'd get some clue or some feeling. I honestly didn't think he could surprise me. I was sooo wrong! My birthday was last week and his aunt from California told me she was sending me a present. She shipped it to Robbie's other aunt, Janelle, who lives here, since we live in apartments and it would just be easier to send it to Janelle's house. Janelle called on Sunday (yesterday) and said she was going to drop off the package. I was on the phone so Robbie went downstairs to get it. He brought up a HUGE box. It was about three feet high and two and half feet wide. After I got off the phone, I decided to open it. I opened the box and a bunch of balloons flew out. The big rose mylar balloon had "Will You Marry Me?" on it, but get this... I didn't see it! LOL, I was halfway in the box still looking for my present!
20.gif
I finally gave up looking for the present and looked up to admire the balloons. Then I saw the sign and started bawling! I don't even really remember what happened... it's all such a blur. I hugged Robbie for several minutes just crying and overwhelmed with joy. He wrote me a sweet letter too, but I don't remember reading it! Then he told me that I forgot about the ring... he said I had to pop the balloons! I had fallen the other day and had some crutches, so Robbie attached the pin on the end of one of them so I could pop the balloons (we have vaulted ceilings). A bunch of of the balloons had rose petals in them so every time I popped one, rose petals would just rain down. I couldn't find the balloon it was in, so I turned around, and there was Robbie on one knee with the RITANI ring! I could not believe it. I was not expecting that ring at all. It has been absolute torture waiting, but it was worth every agonizing moment.
1.gif
I'm still in shock and can't believe it happened. Robbie actually took pics the whole time of me opening the box and popping the ballons with my crutch, but I'm still deciding if I should post those! (I'm in my PJ's... ugh!)

Okay, so time for ring pics! It is so difficult taking pictures of a ring... I don't know how you all do it! I tried though, and hopefully they will post since I've never done that before either. (Please let me know if it doesn't work.) Like I mentioned before, I don't know the specs, I'll get back to you on those. A jeweler did measure the stone and said it was about 1.15 carats. I guess the specs don't even matter because I think it is sooooo beautiful!
30.gif

Happy Valentine's Day!
chellebelle

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Oh, it's not working...
39.gif
Can anyone please help me? I cannot figure this out! Thanks so much!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I tried resizing my pics, but I'm not sure how the pic will turn out. Let's see if this works...

rose ring.JPG

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations...what a creative and totally romantic proposal! And you got the ring of your dreams!!!!!!! It''s absolutely gorgeous...congrats!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Profile shot...

ring profile.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG...I love your ring...please please please post more shots! I love the bead set stones around the rb...it''s one of my favorite favorite settings!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
In box...

ring box.JPG

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Seriously? More pics??? Because I took a ton!!! Lol
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ummmmm, yes, MORE....
emembarrassed.gif
emsmilep.gif
!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a wonderful story and such a surprise proposal!! the setting was a beautiful choice for your special stone.
36.gif

(more pics!
3.gif
)

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Chellebelle, your ring looks so beautiful! I love love love that look.
30.gif
Please post a handshot.

Also wanted to add: Congratulations to you and your sweetie!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
The pics look great when they are huge... you can see the detail and everything... but when I size them down they get somewhat blurry and the ring's not as clear. Any tips?

ring couch.JPG

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
One of the many hand shots!

tan hand ring.JPG

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
You could try to zoom in on the pics in photo shop, crop them, and then size them down. That''s what I did with a lot of mine. Even if you don''t though, you can definitely still get a feel for how gorgeous the ring is (although I know from exprience that pictures just don''t do it justice)

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
another...

rose hand ring.JPG

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
I didn't want to post this (I'm in my PJ's and look icky- thank goodness you can't really see me!), but I thought it would be fun. It'll give you a better idea of what was going on. You can see the "Will You Marry Me?" sign hanging from the rose balloon and I'm trying to pop the balloons with the rose petals in them, hoping to find the one with the ring in it! (And please excuse the bare apartment... we moved in not too long ago.) It is such a silly picture...
9.gif

popping balloons.JPG

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
The best photo is the one in which you are popping the balloons. Your happiness and the smile on your face is more valuable than the ring (although it''s stunning and beautiful!); it''s a priceless photo. Congratulations!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
oh WOW...your story brought a happy tear to my eye. Then I saw your ring....seriously gorgeous.
30.gif
30.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Everyone, thank you SO much for the kind words. You sure know how to make a girl feel good when she's already on cloud nine! I am so thrilled and am beyond bliss. I'm still shocked that Robbie got me THIS ring. We just moved out and I'm a college student and he's been testing and going to interviews in order to be a firefighter. So as you can imagine, the ring was not just a little over our budget. It was waaaayyyy over our budget! I guess he really wanted to get it for me and had been saving up.
1.gif
It really is the ring of my dreams, but honestly, all I wanted was to be engaged to this wonderful, wonderful guy.

I'm going a little crazy with the pics... I can't stop posting them! The balloon picture makes me laugh everytime I see it. It would look absolutely ridiculous to anyone who didn't know the story behind it! Anyways, hope you don't mind the pics, because I can't seem to stop myself!

rose ring1417.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats, beautiful story ,beautiful ring .
36.gif
36.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
What a great proposal!

30.gif
Stunning ring!!
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
awww, the sweetest thing of all IS how happy and excited you are- the balloon picture is PRICELESS. i''m glad he thought to have the camera. with my luck, my bf will totally forget about pictures!!

but your ring is gorgeous!!! i love that you got the stone from your mom. i''m sentimental like that too, and i know that makes it that much more special!!! and you know no one here will ever complain that you''re posting too many pictures
3.gif

congrats and best wishes
36.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is breathtaking !
30.gif

And congrats!!! That is such a sweet surprise proposal.

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Great proposal and beautiful ring! Congratulations!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh ChelleBelle- that is so sweet.
I love hearing all these proposal stories.

Your ring is so elegant and beautiful. It looks perfect on your hand.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!
30.gif
Amazing ring and amazing proposal!!! That is one of the more creative proposals i have ever heard. I love the rose petals showering out of the balloons as you popped them! And your ring is gorgeous... it looks perfect on your hand and that ritani setting is one of my favorites! How lucky to have a family stone... i agree, who cares about the specs, it looks wonderful!

Congratulations and good luck!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
That''s the sweetest story I''ve ever heard. The ring is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations to the both of you!
1.gif

gee5088

Rough_Rock
Hello chellebelle,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a great proposal story and even more FANTABULICIOUS ring!!!
There''s nothing better than having in your life the man of your dreams, PLUS a gorgeous sparklie to wear to remind you of how special your love is!
36.gif
It''s definitely like having your cake and eating it too, huh? Well, enjoy and have fun planning the next great part...the wedding!!
35.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Belle,

What a beautiful, sweet proposal. I like the pic of the ballons and you with the crutch. Your ring is incredible. Lots of sparkle and a gorgeous setting. Conragts!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Chellebelle---what a beautiful proposal and ring. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results