shape
carat
color
clarity

ENGAGED!! Story and Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
appl.gif

lisa i really can't get enough of your ring! post as many pics as you've got!

out of curiosity how big are the individual stones in your band? i ask only because i'm trying to figure out what size stone i would like in a shared prong band, and yours is perfect.

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Julian - no worries at all - I'd say the most flattering comments are those from other women! Guys compliments are always appreciated - but it's really wonderful when women are complimentary to each other. You are very sweet
1.gif
and congrats on your engagement as well!)

Reena - I probably will - I can't stop taking them - I love photography...and working with a loupe is a whole new animal for me!
Regarding the band, I measured them to be .2mm There are 24 of them and the tcw of the band is .98 so if we divide by 24, that's approx. .0408 ct for each stone. Hope this answers your question. Thanks!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Ismathis, while you're at it, how about a shot of the ring from the side? I'd love to see how high up the stone sits from the band.

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely Patty - let me see what I can do...

Although I am not usually a klutz - I was afraid with a 4 prong that the diamond might be subject to accidents :/ ... so I asked that they set it as low as possible. Now that I have it - I could stand to see it a little higher as I am a little worried dust etc. might get caught in between. You will see what I mean in the pic. I'm sure it will be fine though - I love it!

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Ok - here's a side view. My camera's battery is wearing down so this is all I could get for now. I'll try to get a better one later
2.gif
Do not know if you can tell from this pic, but you do not see the bottom of the stone (cutlet) It is surrounded by the prongs.

The Ring 025edit.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, great shot! Thank you! I do not think that it looks too low at all. It looks great to me!

linny14

Rough_Rock
what a nice proposal. i love your ring, it sets off the stone wonderfully.

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Sorry the shot was so big! I would take it down if I knew how and repost another. :/

It will be safer at this height
1.gif
Thanks again Patty! ..and thank you linny14
1.gif

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it was coming!!!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring!!!! WOW~~~~~~~

I am so happy for you
1.gif

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Jean! (or it's shana right?) been a while...
1.gif

Finally, it came! Hehe, it was worth the wait. Thanks for the congrats! It feels really incredible.

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Oh wow - congratulations on a perfect proposal and lovely ring - you must be thrilled!!
1.gif

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
appl.gif
OMG what a beautiful ring...I love it....and hey, you look so much like your avatar....I wish you an your DF the best of everything in your future life!!!! BTW...when is the big day????

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Lisa,

It is Shana. Jean is my middle name. Anyway, I am so happy for you. I have been reading the thread that I started and feeling so anxious for all of you! I know the feeling well. What a beautiful ring!!! Is that what you expected? When is the date?

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Well everyone has said such nice things about everything else - the engagement story, the ring, the two of you, the CA coast (and all justly so - georgeous all) - so I guess I'm left with saying I liked the big hand picture - nice fingernails too!

Big congrats on your engagement and your fiance did a great suprise proposal.

You can tell this is your smilie -
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
JennaJ, MsBennie & Shana- Thank you! As for the big day? No idea...we're trying to figure out what kind of wedding we'd like (at least I am) and then we'll go from there. I want to do something a little untraditional. We'll see! I'm not going anywhere - so I plan to stay on PS and share the process
1.gif

And yes - the ring is actually more beautiful that I imagined!

Websailor - Thanks! I appreciate the nails comment
2.gif
They are not always the best, but I try! Being an artist sometimes takes a tole on them!

txideal

Rough_Rock
Love your story and the pictures of both of you in CA are beautiful, not to mention your ring!!

I've been to all those places that you mentioned and they are all beautiful especially for a setting for his proposal!!

That is so romantic!! I'm happy for the both of you.

I'm still working on my boyfriend..... I'm the one that posted last month about his "budget" of 5K.... I'm working on getting it increased and I've been looking at whiteflash since they're local. We'll see how it goes!

Congratulations!!!

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you txideal! California is so beautiful! Your comments are very sweet.

I hope your search goes well! This is such a special time. I know you will find lots of help here to get what you want
1.gif

Best of luck,
Lisa

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Okay: first of all, you are the fiancee, he is the fiance. Secondly, your ring is so gorgeous, my husband just asked what the THUNK! was, I blithely informed him I was admiring a diamond ring, that was my jaw hittin' the deck. Thirdly, how amazing is your fiance!?!?!? He did such a SUPERB job planning the proposal, and keeping you totally in the dark. Fourthly, I live in Northern California, the entire state is gorgeous but he just happened to pick the most splendiferously lovely spot on the CA coast to propose. Fifthly, congratulations on your engagement, I wish you many years of happiness together!!!

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
MrsFrk - Thank you! I hope you didn't hurt yourself - but thank you for the flattering comments...I do love my sparkley - it is so special to me
1.gif

Thank you for clearing up the fiance/finacee thing - I actually had no idea
1.gif
I don't think I've used the word more than once yet - I'm looking forward to it though.
My fiance is absolutely wonderful - and I am amazed he was able to keep the proposal idea such a secret. It was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to get the pics developed from my SLR camera - hopefully good enough quality to frame so I can see them every day and relive the experience.

How lucky are you to live in such a beautiful state. I was literally awe struck - and still am. The scenery is AMAZING. I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect proposal.

Thank you all again for being so kind and sharing you wishes. It feels wonderful!

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I think your ring is gorgeous! And, what a sweet proposal story. He really planned this out! Congratulations and you have very pretty hands too!
Luv

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Josh and Luv! Still on cloud 9 one week later...
love.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Tahiti is a great place for a honeymoon if you want to remain on Cloud 9 for even longer....it WILL spoil you though with it's beauty!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to your fiance & Best Wishes to you! Lovely ring. Lovely proposal!

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you fire&Ice
1.gif
We are both so excited!

Websailor - Tahiti has always been apealing to me - we'll have to check it out! Thanks...and still on cloud 9!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Wow, your ring is stunning! Have fun staring at it!!! klr

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Isn't it mesmerizing?

Do you wear your ring 24/7?

Oh -- and how do you stay so slim?
21.gif
I'm jealous!

You look like you're naturally slim or a dancer!

Spill the secrets, sister!
appl.gif

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Julian - it IS absolutely mesmerizing! Whatever I'm doing - I get distracted as it sparkles at me - then I get lost in thought. I just love it! Often, I find myself thinking about last weekend and I get such a big smile on my face
1.gif

Last weekend I only took it off to shower - but now I take it off at before bed as well. I clean it (gets dirty so fast!) and then put it in it's little box until I get out of the shower in the morning. I love wearing it and keep it on as much as possible.

Not really sure how I stay slim
3.gif
Although I have always been athletic - I can't say I really do as much as I should these days. You could say I was a dancer, but mainly I was a cheerleader growing up and thru college - I think it may have helped a little. I try to eat well, but I don't really keep myself from things I like. I think it's just luck, actually
rodent.gif
Thank you though! You are so sweet!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You have one of those figures every woman envies!
appl.gif

I stare at my ring all the time, too!
My latest obsession has been keeping it clean.

I soak it in mild dishwashing detergent every night before I go to bed and keep it in a box while I sleep. I'd LOVE to sleep with it on but it's not too comfortable! I'm always conscious of it, even while in REM! Ha ha.

Some women I work out with at the gym wear their rings in the pool and during aerobics & weight classes. I'm not at that stage yet!

It's instant anti-stress just to glance down and see it dazzling away! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results