shape
carat
color
clarity

ENGAGED!! Story and Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
My sweetheart (Andy) and I were engaged on Friday, Septemeber 10. I am so excited!

THE STORY

It all starts last Thursday morning... I head in to work as usual around 8am. Around 9am I was delivered a dozen of the most gorgeous red long stem roses. Attached was a note that said
"Please call me at home. I love you. Andy"

I tried to gather myself and my thoughts for a few minutes as my coworkers surround my desk with questions and excitement. I call home soon after and my sweetheart answers the phone and tells me he loves me and that he wants me to gather my roses and come home to him.
1.gif
As calm as possible I oblige and start the 20 minute drive that seemed to last an hour. Finally, I arrive at the house and I am greated warmly at the door by my sweet. I am boasting on the beauty of the roses as we arrange them in a vase together...and he says, "well, you can take one with you." I ask "where" and he replies "we're getting on a plane at 1pm - so we better get you packed!" We pack my suitcase and head off to the airport. Still not knowing exactley where we are going...we play games with hints of our destination as we approach the terminal. Finally, I guess "San Francisco". This is very exciting for me (we live in Atlanta) and I have never been to the coast of California. I'm very excited and giddy as we board the plane...

Hours later we arrive in San Francisco - rent a car - and head off to Sausalito where we will stay the night at "Inn Above Tide". The Inn is so beautiful and sits right on the water. We spend a wonderful night and following day in Sausalito and then head off to Monterey Bay. We take CA 1 which is the most beautiful stretch of highway we have ever seen. We stop many times for photos...ahhh...beautiful. Anyway, trying not to get too detailed here - I could go on forever.

We arrive Friday afternoon in Monterey Bay and check in to "Old Monterey Inn" which is an adorable Bed and Breakfast. He mentions wanting to head back out shortly to catch the sunset over the ocean...

We drive over to Carmel by the Sea and walk out to an overlook near the ocean. Andy is always a sweetheart but he started saying the sweetest things to me as we watched the sunset in Carmel. We found a small log to sit on where we could watch the remainder of the sunset. As the final few rays are disappering into the water, he says some very sweet things (personal) and finishes with "Lisa, will you marry me?"

I obviously say "YES!" and we both enjoy the next 30 minutes on the beach and really soak up the moment.

Afterwards we had dinner in Carmel and couldn't take the smiles off our faces!

We stayed in Monterey another day and enjoyed lots of shopping, sightseeing and relaxation. We finished the trip by driving down the coast to Santa Barbara where we would visit his brother and his fiance.

The whole trip was magical and we are both still on cloud 9. We arrived back in Atlanta last night so I've only had time to take a few ring shots. The hand shots are still to come, but I think I have one blurry one to include.

Thanks for all the support Pre-Engagement!

We are overjoyed
appl.gif

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Can't wait to see your sparkly....

appl.gif

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
THE RING

Round
CT: 1.81
Clarity: VS2 (has appraised also as VS1)
Color: G
AGA: 1B Ideal Cut, Polish, Sym etc.
No Flor.

Platinum Memoire Band has 24 (.2mm) melee full round
1.gif

Stones are G/Vs2

Engagement Ring.gif

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Maybe this one will be better :/

Engagement Ring5.jpg

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
1st hand pic:

Engagement Hand1.jpg

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Andy and I in Sausalito

742953178103_0_ALB.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. A beautiful proposal and a very lovely ring too.

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Another pic of us

530083178103_0_ALB.jpg

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Blurry - will take more ASAP

432344178103_0_ALB.jpg

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Ring again
1.gif

It.jpg

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Cloooose Up

AOur Engagement 117EDIT.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OMG- What a wonderful proposal "trip". How romantic. What a thoughtful plan. Tell Andy he done realllll goood!

Your ring is so beautiful- I love the setting. It looks so sparkly and delicate. Lovely.
Hey- you guys are too cute. "lookin' like love to meeee" (words from a song)
Nan

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oohhhh PREEETY!!!! You are so pretty too, I love that drawing you have in your avatar. I can see the resemblance!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Many congratulations on your engagement! What a fabulous story. The two of you look great together, and your ring is very beautiful.

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the kind comments (Ivy, Chrono, SevensOne, Gale)! Ame - you are making me blush
2.gif

I absolutely love the ring and most of all I am so happy to be Engaged to the love of my life.

You are all so sweet.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! Congratulations!!! What an incredible proposal - your fiance sounds like a real sweetheart! You must be on cloud nine
1.gif

And your ring....OMG it's gorgeous!! It is really one of the prettiest rings I've seen yet. Enjoy it and enjoy your engagement!

appl.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
OKAY: WOW.

first of all that's an amazing proposal story--i love it. fun, romantic, spontaneous--perfect.

and your ring!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
oh wow do i love your ring. i'm telling you, i never ever liked RBs at all, but this site is slowly making me a fan. yours is sooooo beautiful! and the setting!
6.gif
please tell me more about the setting! it's to die for and it makes your center stone look HUGE.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Congrats - beautiful story and beautiful ring!

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you again (Sparkler29, Aljdewey & Reena)!

It's so nice to finally share this will all of you!

Reena, the band I would love to brag about. I knew it was the "one" from the first moment we saw it. Literally, I think I heard the angels sing and saw beems of light! Anyway, so it's the seemingly hard to find Memoire Brand Band. The band is platinum and holds my little melee in a shared prong fashion. They are G color/Vs2 clarity as well...and look to be .2mm The band is .98 tcw - I wanted the thinest possible so the center stone really popped. Let's see - The setting seems almost invisable - the way I had hoped and all you see is SPARKLE! I hope to get some better shots in the sunlight so you can see it shine. It's sparkles like crazy.

Again, thank you all for your kind comments!

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Had to share this scenery (sorry if uploaded twice - having problems)

ALclif.jpg

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
It's just gorgeous... and what an engagement story. I am sure it's a weekend that will be kept in your memory for ever and retold thousands of time throughout your life. Congratulations... and good luck in the next step... the crazy planning period. (Ugh
rodent.gif
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow--congratulations! That ring is stunning!
love.gif
The proposal (and you guys) are just beautiful!
1.gif

Congrats & enjoy this special time in your life!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring and wonderful engagement story! Best wishes!

reena

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the info! i'm starting to think i might want a shared-prong band for my w-ring! love them.

congrats again!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! That was so romantic and so much effort went into all of it! Impressive for sure.
appl.gif

Your ring is gorgeous! Congratulations!

9.gif
I can't stop smiling for you!
-Sarah

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Reena, you can see the band at Saks NY (it's in white gold tho they'll prob tell you it's plat) - i saw it and it's beautiful!! It's in the case of semi-mounts in the fine jewelry section.
If the diamonds didn't go all the way around, I'd have gotten it for my mom's ring (but the custom band i had made was similar, just a bit more substantial).

CONGRATS to you lsmathis
appl.gif
what a great story! -your fiance sounds so thoughtful! and your ring is beautiful
9.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. I need to think of a word or 2 that has yet to be used to compliment your ring. Has anyone said SPECTACULAR?!!!? Absolutely STUNNING!!! Congratulations and best wishes to you both.

Oh, and I must say that I really love when people include pictures of themselves (along with the rings of course). It is so nice to put a face to the great people found on this site. You both look so happy!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
oh lisa! beautiful proposal, ring, and couple! congratulations
appl.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, beautiful engagement story, beautiful couple!

mostlywatching

Rough_Rock
Beautiful: story, ring, proposal, trip, couple.

Beautiful all around. Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results