shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged! 1930's fishtale setting <3!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had this all written up and then a photo didn’t upload properly and then I lost it all :confused:

Lets try this again!

Here is the link to the LIW story and a few pictures (including the wooden ring he whittled me on our camping trip that he proposed with).

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/signing-off-at-17.164135/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/signing-off-at-17.164135/[/URL]

Specs on the ring: Circa 1930’s fishtale prong setting with a 1.64 H VVS1 RB diamond size 4

For those of you who don’t know the story I really love to share it because my ring came from the second hand market. We bought it just a few months after dating from a well know resale site and the seller had good feedback and had also consigned a few things with JBEG so I was comfortable that I was getting at least what it was being sold as. I brought it to an appraiser and it turned out to be better than her estimate. It took forever to find a wedding band for it and I found it as a set that the seller was willing to separate from circa1930s.com. The entire set (band included) cost well under the 6k mark for everything (we bought it not this summer but last summer before all the price increases) and we were very happy we did so because with the price increases we wouldn’t have gotten anything close to this for the price we paid.

The stone isn’t 100% ideal cut, it’s a bit shallow (so faces up larger) but displays arrows and sparkles like crazy! I wasn’t a RB fan and really wanted a OEC/OMC but when I saw this ring my heart skipped a beat. I still love older stones (my earrings are OECs and I have an OEC/OMC snowflake pendant) so I’m happy to have a variety.

I feel very blessed to have something of not only this high of color/clarity but also size. I was nervous about how large it would look on my finger because of my ring size but I’m happy to say that I’ve adjusted just fine :naughty:

So for the more adventurous souls make sure you do your homework if you are buying from the second hand market but there are deals to be hand if you know your stuff :lickout: Take it to an appraiser and make sure there is a return policy if you need it.

Now onto the eye candy!
:love: :appl:

P1010480 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

P1000914 - Copy.JPG

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last ones for now :)

P1010487 - Copy.JPG

P1000891 - Copy.JPG

P1000907 - Copy.JPG

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh! Your set is amazing! :lickout: Be still my vintage loving heart!

Congrats on your engagement!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a beautiful setting! i love it!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats! its beautiful on you!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! great find- and an amazing ring :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! It's beatiful.. and unique... :love: :love: :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a find - the rings are just gorgeous! Love the stone - you really did hit pay dirt!

Congrats to you and again, well done!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely gorgeous honey! Congratulations to the both of you!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Many congrats on your engagement! Your setting is gorgeous and looks perfect on your hand!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its lovely! I have the baby sister to your ring, .61ct in almost the same setting. Yours is absolutely fabulous!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your rings are just amazing and I love the color and fire you captured in that diamond!!! Congratulations!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Stunning, I love fishtail settings.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for the kind words :)

Rings are SO difficult to photograph! I have to take a million pictures on different settings and move everything all around just to get a few good shots, but I think I managed to do okay :) I meet with the jeweler tomorrow and will be discussing the options to make the band sit more flush (since they weren't a set they aren't quite matching up) but I think something can be done about it.

And Maisie: Hi!!!! :wavey: :wavey: Your ring is STUNNING and it doesn't matter the size stone...the older settings and diamonds have all their own and size doesn't trump that IMO. :love: :love:

After the band is fixed I'll post more pictures. Thanks so much guys! Big day is just around the corner and I can't wait to wear the set together :love:

stci

Ideal_Rock
So feminine, so gorgeous, so adorable! I love love your set and the diamond is like an angel floating over that beauty! :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!!!! :love: I just love it! And congrats on making such a great buy!!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular diamond in a spectacular setting! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
WOWeee!!! Amazing! Gorgeous! Best Wishes!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all SO much for your kind words :) The ring is so much more than I ever thought I'd own (size, color and clarity) and I feel so blessed to have it! I would have been just as thrilled with something much smaller too though because I'm just so happy to marry the love of my life :love:

I figured I'd add a loop picture so you guys can see how clean this stone is. To be honest I've owned quite a few stones and this is the first one I've looped! It's quite something else seeing it and having NOT a single flaw to be found :loopy:

The other good news is I went to the jeweler and he says adjusting the band shouldn't be an issue and it's very inexpensive to do. The only sad thing is I have to part with my ring so they can match it up and they don't do in house plating and so my ring and band will have to be sent out for that (I may find some other place that does it local because I hate shipping my ring...so we will see). I'm waiting until closer to the wedding because my e-ring will be plated again right before the big day for pictures but I'm so happy that the modifications can be done to make it sit flush! :appl:

P1010255 - Copy.JPG

P1000894 - Copy.JPG

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful sparkly diamond in a lovely setting...love those prongs :love: :love: :love:

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Great pics! Great ring! Love the prongs! :razz:

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to you. What an absolutely gorgeous setting and stone! I've been on the hunt for something like this for my girlfriend. Lucky you !! :)

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
smokey99|1315410276|3011627 said:
Congratulations to you. What an absolutely gorgeous setting and stone! I've been on the hunt for something like this for my girlfriend. Lucky you !! :)

Thank you all for the wonderful comments :) It really is a dream to wear and I can't wait until the band sits flush with my ring. I'll post more pictures at the end of Nov. with the band modified. I think I"m getting our wedding date engraved in our rings as well. I have a really thin ring though and so I'm not sure how well it will work :sick:

Smokey99: I have seen a few on ebay that I can link you to. I'll see if I have any saved in your budget and post them on your thread for you. :))

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely! The picture of your hand on your husband's hand made me smile. :)

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much tourmaline-its hard to believe that it's 2 years ago already. We now have a 15 month old son!

_13751.jpg

_13752.jpg

_13753.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and set!!! It's stunning and lovely on your hand too. The prongs are such a pretty detail.
Congrats!!!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the anniversary!!! Beautiful ring too. I love the fishtail head.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results