shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Signing off at #17!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well ladies it's happened! After having the ring for over a year and dating for 1.5 years the ring is now on my finger! And he was more than worth the wait :love:

We went on a hard core camping/canoe/backpacking trip and on the last night there while looking at the stars he proposed to me. He had written a note on how much he loved me (it was dark so he didn't have it with him) and he also spent the week whittling a wooden ring for me (not yet completed but he's working on it). He didn't use the wooden ring he made bc it wasn't up to par in his eyes (he's a perfectionist) but I LOVE it and can't wait for him to finish it (doesn't fit on any finger bc it's so small lol) but it was sweet, romantic and very us! He had told my dad and his dad before, so most of his family was already aware of it by the time we returned from our trip. We had a surprise b-day party for one of his family members so I got to wear my ring to it and the rest of the family who didn't know, found out that way.

Wedding details are under way although we haven't set a date yet. Probably by the end of the year but it all depends on where/when/how we want to do it. Right now just enjoying being engaged!

Specs on the ring: RB 1.64 H VVS1 in a circa 1930s setting with fish-tale style prongs. Ring size 4. The ring came all put together and it actually displayed beautiful arrows. Hopefully the pictures will upload. It's much more delicate in person and the milgrain is so tiny! The photos make them show up really well but it's much much finer than in the pics. I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful amazing ring (and large to boot!) but more so I feel very blessed to have such an amazing man in my life. :love: I never knew what unconditional love was until I met him (we knew right away we were meant to be together...crazy I know!) that treats me like a princess, tells me I'm beautiful so many times I day I lose track and goes out of his way to make me feel like I'm the most important person in the world.

Good luck to the other LIW and DUST to everyone!

P1000891 - Copy.JPG

P1000914 - Copy.JPG

P1000903 - Copy.JPG

P1000907 - Copy.JPG

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful story. Beautiful ring! :appl: wishing much happiness to the two of you.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is beautiful! :love:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
your ring is one of my favorites :) I am so glad you get to wear it now! congratulations!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I'm going to go update the list in a few minutes and I'm so excited to take you off!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

You're ring is truly stunning!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring, and your fiance sounds like a keeper.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE that ring!!!! Congrats, and what a wonderful proposal story~!! :love: :appl:

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Yoohoo! That's a beautiful ring!

sjm

Rough_Rock
congrats!!! I hope you will post a picture of the wooden ring when it is complete! sounds like such a labour of love!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Beautiful ring :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! The ring is stunning :)

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
A great story to go along with a great ring - congrats!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is beautiful!!! I covet your antique setting!

dandyandi

Rough_Rock
so happy for you! what a beautiful ring, i love love love it! and your fiance sounds like an amazing man :) i'd love to see pics of the wooden ring once he's finished making it!! so romantic and sweet :love: congratulations to the both of you :appl:

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Huge congratulations and a gorgeous ring you have there!

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
beautiful ring and beautiful proposal! what you say about your relationship being the most important thing, and about knowing it was meant to be from the start really resonates with me - I don't think that's crazy at all! congrats, you must be SO happy!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful; I love the detail on your ring and the diamond is stunning!

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
Beautiful story and ring!!! Congrats!!

Snow_Miser

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! What a wonderful proposal story! And your ring to TDF!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats VL :appl: ive been away and was very happy to return to this news! gorgeous ring too :love:

MerryMary

Rough_Rock
Oh Wow! I am seriously in :love: LOVE :love: with those prongs. Congratulations on your engagement! :appl:

aliceinwonderland

Shiny_Rock
The wooden ring sounds so super sweet. Congratulations, your 'real' ring is so beautiful and looks 'just right' on you.

Alice

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Congrats and beautiful ring!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a classy style.

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! Your ring is stunning :love:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for the well wishes and congratulations :) We are very excited and it looks like the big day is Dec. 4th 2011 (yup, a bit over 3 months away). But I already have my dress (at the seamstress right now), the venue is picked out we just have to sign the contract, invitations are under way, flowers are picked out, chair covers/sashes are bought, found our center pieces and am already knee deep in buying/preparing for the big day. I"m very excited and DUST to all you ladies still waiting. Your day will come and even if it feels like its taking forever and you JUST don't understand what the hold up may be just remember the wait is worth it in the end when you get to marry your best friend! :appl: :love:

Venue
http://www.vintage-hotels.com/millcroft/weddings.htm

Oh! And my wedding band will be here on Wed :) We took his in to be sized and will be picking it up in a week or two. Things are coming together :bigsmile:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
vintagelover229|1314372639|3000272 said:
Thank you everyone for the well wishes and congratulations :) We are very excited and it looks like the big day is Dec. 4th 2011 (yup, a bit over 3 months away). But I already have my dress (at the seamstress right now), the venue is picked out we just have to sign the contract, invitations are under way, flowers are picked out, chair covers/sashes are bought, found our center pieces and am already knee deep in buying/preparing for the big day. I"m very excited and DUST to all you ladies still waiting. Your day will come and even if it feels like its taking forever and you JUST don't understand what the hold up may be just remember the wait is worth it in the end when you get to marry your best friend! :appl: :love:

Venue
http://www.vintage-hotels.com/millcroft/weddings.htm

Oh! And my wedding band will be here on Wed :) We took his in to be sized and will be picking it up in a week or two. Things are coming together :bigsmile:

You are efficient!! Congrats!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results