shape
carat
color
clarity

Ending a 7 Year Search-My Van Craeynest Band Meets Its Forever Ring, a 2.42M OMC

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Love reading the ring upgrades over the years!! Congrats on this newest one and hope it stay long on your finger. It looks really pretty on you :wink2:

Thank you HNGN! No doubt this one is for the long run!

I hope you don't mind, I took a page out of your book this weekend and photographed it with a twilly on the current purse in rotation (GP TPM) :sun: (maybe we need a thread for bling and purses...lol)

hring.jpg

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Thank you HNGN! No doubt this one is for the long run!

I hope you don't mind, I took a page out of your book this weekend and photographed it with a twilly on the current purse in rotation (GP TPM) :sun: (maybe we need a thread for bling and purses...lol)

hring.jpg

Aww not at all!! Love that you did it... so pretty I love the Twilly!!! And trust me, I totally understand that "purse in rotation" schedule.... I sometimes feel frustrated changing them every week, I sometimes feel happy.... I feel bad not bringing them out as they only have 1-2weeks light time in a year.... :lol-2::lol-2:

"(maybe we need a thread for bling and purses...lol)" THIS THIS WE SHOULD OMG!!! Shall we??

Nice bag, nice twilly, nice diamond, nice ring!!!! You did well!! :cool2:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Aww not at all!! Love that you did it... so pretty I love the Twilly!!! And trust me, I totally understand that "purse in rotation" schedule.... I sometimes feel frustrated changing them every week, I sometimes feel happy.... I feel bad not bringing them out as they only have 1-2weeks light time in a year.... :lol-2::lol-2:

"(maybe we need a thread for bling and purses...lol)" THIS THIS WE SHOULD OMG!!! Shall we??

Nice bag, nice twilly, nice diamond, nice ring!!!! You did well!! :cool2:

Thank you HNGN! I don't have toooo many purses (now). Under 10! But enough that rotating is a good thing. I think I've got them sorted in to mainly summer, winter and work now (unless I need to switch for a specific outfit) so everything gets pretty even, occasional wear. :) But I get it, and it took me awhile to get past that also....Scarves on the other hand....now that is a real problem....I did it again, lol.......with the FLYB amidst scarf, KDT and bag for SOTD. :lol:

HGP1.jpg

Attachments

• HGP1.jpg
    HGP1.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 29

itskcc

Rough_Rock
Love your new ring and your story! I too have been on the path to finding the right ring. I lost my original engagement ring, a round brilliant with baguette side stones set in platinum. From the top, the diamond and the ring was beautiful but I was never 100% in love with the side profile. I waited for about a year to replace it and decided to go in a completely different direction. I chose a 2 carat cushion with a halo, trapezoids, detailing all along the gallery, etc.. About a year into wearing that ring I confessed to my husband and told him "I'm sorry, I think I made a mistake and I don't think I love this ring". Then I cringed and waited for his annoyed response. To my surprise he said "good, I don't love it either". We traded in the cushion for a 2.3 carat round (and threw a pretty tanzanite into the halo setting to wear as a right hand ring). I was afraid to make another mistake so I just put the new round stone in a solitaire setting while I figured it out. I've had the solitaire for a couple of years and I'm now working on a 3-stone. This has to be the last ring!! I kept an idea folder on pinterest and Insta and when I was reviewing all the things I had saved I had more 3-stones in there than anything else.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Love your new ring and your story! I too have been on the path to finding the right ring. I lost my original engagement ring, a round brilliant with baguette side stones set in platinum. From the top, the diamond and the ring was beautiful but I was never 100% in love with the side profile. I waited for about a year to replace it and decided to go in a completely different direction. I chose a 2 carat cushion with a halo, trapezoids, detailing all along the gallery, etc.. About a year into wearing that ring I confessed to my husband and told him "I'm sorry, I think I made a mistake and I don't think I love this ring". Then I cringed and waited for his annoyed response. To my surprise he said "good, I don't love it either". We traded in the cushion for a 2.3 carat round (and threw a pretty tanzanite into the halo setting to wear as a right hand ring). I was afraid to make another mistake so I just put the new round stone in a solitaire setting while I figured it out. I've had the solitaire for a couple of years and I'm now working on a 3-stone. This has to be the last ring!! I kept an idea folder on pinterest and Insta and when I was reviewing all the things I had saved I had more 3-stones in there than anything else.

Thanks you! I definitely hear ya. I had several setting "mistakes" to the tune of multiple $k that I seriously regret. I'm so glad I went with an inexpensive solitaire on the round instead of sinking more $$ in it, since the background problem of "the wedding band" was never even close to solved.

Happily- it is now!

I'm working from home today so took some "fun" time outside for some flower pics. We finally had some rain and the plants are all VERY happy!

oecflowerhand.jpg oechandgreen.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results