shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Enamel locket with AVR center

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a few quick photos of my new enamel locket from DKJ. It's 1.25 x .75" on sterling silver with a gorgeous .95 E VS2 AVR from Distinctive Gems. I picked up the 20" chain on Etsy and am going back and forth about the yellow gold detail - the yellow gold bezel and the yellow gold bail at the top of the locket. Either way I think it's going to be gorgeous. ::)

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! I LOVE lockets and this one is just AMAZING! Soooo pretty!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the enamel! Gorgeous!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so so pretty! I love the details!

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Just a few quick photos of my new enamel locket from DKJ. It's 1.25 x .75" on sterling silver with a gorgeous .95 E VS2 AVR from Distinctive Gems. I picked up the 20" chain on Etsy and am going back and forth about the yellow gold detail - the yellow gold bezel and the yellow gold bail at the top of the locket. Either way I think it's going to be gorgeous. ::)

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

The enamelling is amazing. So beautiful

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so taken with this, I keep coming back to ogle the pics. Just glorious!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It’s stunning!! Love the color—it has such presence!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful locket, love the timeless design and the exquisite enameling -- and the gold-bezeled AVR is ka-pow!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the green enameling!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!! Now I want a locket made!

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
How lovely! (And I had no idea that DKJ did enamel work!)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @mrs-b its so lovely!!! Just delicious!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So pretty-I love that it’s two toned!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love the design, the beautiful enameling (how do they do that?!), and of course, the lovely AVR accent! Just fabulous!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
OMG it's beautiful! I am on an enamel kick right now! Love it! May I ask who or what will get the honor of being in your locket!?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love the design, the beautiful enameling (how do they do that?!), and of course, the lovely AVR accent! Just fabulous!

Hi there, @diamondseeker2006 :))
I definitely didn't want a flat color enamel, so I looked up all about it and, from what I can tell, and from what I asked for, the surface of the locket is contoured (stamped, perhaps?) with the pattern you see. Then, when it's enameled, some of the enamel is deeper, giving it a darker color, and some of it in the pattern is more shallow, making it brighter. They have to do the pattern on the silver before it's enameled (obviously), but that lovely graduated color takes care of itself once the contour is done.

Sometimes they can do a thin layer of black enamel which settles in the 'valleys' of the pattern, then do the final color all over the surface, and that makes an even more pronounced contrast of light and dark color, but I really didn't want it *that* dark.

I'm umming and ahhing about the gold detail. If you have any thoughts on that, I'd love to hear it. I'm thinking of getting rid of the gold bail, but keeping the yellow gold bezel.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s absolutely gorgeous! I love the yellow gold bezel. It‘s beautiful the way it is but I prefer the silver bale.

I also agree about sterling silver being underrated. I mix sterling silver with platinum and 18k white gold.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s absolutely gorgeous! I love the yellow gold bezel. It‘s beautiful the way it is but I prefer the silver bale.

I also agree about sterling silver being underrated. I mix sterling silver with platinum and 18k white gold.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, @MamaBee - I think you're right. Will get rid of it promptly.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely color. It will be fun to have another pop of cheery color in your jewelry wardrobe!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I would LOVE a locket. I know the right one will fall into my lap one day. (hope it is vintage Tiffany!!)

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there, @diamondseeker2006 :))
I definitely didn't want a flat color enamel, so I looked up all about it and, from what I can tell, and from what I asked for, the surface of the locket is contoured (stamped, perhaps?) with the pattern you see. Then, when it's enameled, some of the enamel is deeper, giving it a darker color, and some of it in the pattern is more shallow, making it brighter. They have to do the pattern on the silver before it's enameled (obviously), but that lovely graduated color takes care of itself once the contour is done.

Sometimes they can do a thin layer of black enamel which settles in the 'valleys' of the pattern, then do the final color all over the surface, and that makes an even more pronounced contrast of light and dark color, but I really didn't want it *that* dark.

I'm umming and ahhing about the gold detail. If you have any thoughts on that, I'd love to hear it. I'm thinking of getting rid of the gold bail, but keeping the yellow gold bezel.

Gosh, they did a fabulous job with the enameling! I don't think many jewelers have the capability of doing that! I love lockets and did get one this past year. I may not have ever posted it but I'll try to do it sometime. I am sure your lockets will inspire more orders for them! So classic and beautiful! Oh, and yes, I like your idea of having the bail silver and keeping the yg bezel on the diamond!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, they did a fabulous job with the enameling! I don't think many jewelers have the capability of doing that! I love lockets and did get one this past year. I may not have ever posted it but I'll try to do it sometime. I am sure your lockets will inspire more orders for them! So classic and beautiful! Oh, and yes, I like your idea of having the bail silver and keeping the yg bezel on the diamond!

Thanks, DS - your taste is faultless in these sorts of details.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somebody asked about the chain, but I can't remember who.

Here's the link.....

Not expensive - $51 plus tax and delivery, I think. I love sterling silver - the most underrated metal in jewelry, in my opinion.

i love your new locket
and absolutly agree about stirling silver

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous locket. I love enamel pieces. The AVR just tops it off. :kiss2: Congratulations @mrs-b!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results