shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald or Pear?

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you go to Youtube, you can look up emerald cut comparison videos by Rhino when he was at GoodOldGold. He does a great job demonstrating the emeralds in day light, weak spotlighting and strong spotlighting. He currently offers a ring concierge service, in which he will select stones based on your criteria for you to view and purchase, at August Vintage Inc.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
So ladies...
I am ready to shop for an EMERALD cut diamond!!!

My budget is around $45-55k * does not include setting & etc.
I'm looking for:
Color: E-G
Clarity: VVS1-VS1
LW: 1.4-1.5
Girdle: Very thin - slightly thick

I'm having a hard time understanding fire/brilliance/scintillation for an emerald. Can some please help me by showing examples of a well-cut emerald vs a bad one?
I would like to purchase this wholesale or online. I have no preference. I just want to know that I'm getting the best bang for my buck.
Also, when shopping for the stone, are there other things I should be aware of?
Super exciting!!

You mentioned the best bang for your buck, so I would definitely contact Yekutiel at ID Jewelry. Jonna and Yekutiel helped me purchase a 3ct, F color, VS2 EC for $28,300 -- crazy price made possible by the strong blue fluorescence that has zero negative effects on the stone. They had the stone in house and were able to provide videos, pictures, and ASET and Idealscope images, the latter of which are really critical in assessing light performance. Before I got this stone I had a 4ct EC that did not have as great of an ASET image, and it wasn't until I saw my current stone that I realized the difference in light performance between the two. I don't think anyone can beat their prices and you will definitely be in good hands -- and you can come back here to post the ASET images for the PS experts to weigh in on.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So ladies...
I am ready to shop for an EMERALD cut diamond!!!

My budget is around $45-55k * does not include setting & etc.
I'm looking for:
Color: E-G
Clarity: VVS1-VS1
LW: 1.4-1.5
Girdle: Very thin - slightly thick

I'm having a hard time understanding fire/brilliance/scintillation for an emerald. Can some please help me by showing examples of a well-cut emerald vs a bad one?
I would like to purchase this wholesale or online. I have no preference. I just want to know that I'm getting the best bang for my buck.
Also, when shopping for the stone, are there other things I should be aware of?

Check out Householbrook on IG too. She has a gorgeous emerald cut diamond for sale right now. F color. It's beautiful. Just a bit out of your budget but she can also source you your dream emerald cut ring.

https://www.instagram.com/householbrook/

Ss52

Shiny_Rock
Hi helen8378,
With your budget and need for something not too huge but incredibly beautiful, an Octavia step cut diamond fits the bill perfectly. I think the most beautiful of ALL step cuts. Gemconcepts.com cuts them, and there are less than a handful in the world. If you were to go with a 3.5 carat, it would be the largest in the world so far, which is 2.38. Gem Concepts would have to source the rough for you; Yoram is a gentleman and cutting scholar.

Happy shopping.

EmilyWan

Rough_Rock
I must say I like both of the options) but the pear look awesome on your finger, couldn't take my eyes off) Good luck on choosing )

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Check out Householbrook on IG too. She has a gorgeous emerald cut diamond for sale right now. F color. It's beautiful. Just a bit out of your budget but she can also source you your dream emerald cut ring.

https://www.instagram.com/householbrook/
Hate to be negative but I did try to use her (I bought something from her previously) and her prices were not on par and not to go into detail, the prices were changing).... Granted, I paid in the 40’s for a J/VS1 4.ct (I personally, 2 mo ago would have thought that was insane) but the cut is so beautiful that I can truly see why some are priced the way they are. Regardless, I would go w some of the others that were recommended here. Just my 2 cents after looking for a couple years.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results