shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Daimond Help - Dimensions and ASET included

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Without cathedral the basket is probably going to have to have a donut or a box which will make a gap with her wedding band. It will still look like a diamond floating even with the cathedral. Yes, with your size stone it would be possible to have the two prongs split all the way. BE is great at doing that.

If you can afford it, have their Hand-Forged bench do this setting for you. That way you can get the delicacy from the prongs without sacrificing strength.
:wavey:

Platinum is a better metal for prongs. It's softer than white gold, but stronger. White gold is harder, but breaks instead of bending, which is not as good for prongs/heads.

adam31

Rough_Rock
Great, that settles it - I will set the stone in Platinum :)

I have attached the full picture of the EC inspiration - it is an East West orientation so that is why I did not originally post the entire ring. Judging by the picture, is there anyway you can tell me how would this size diamond relate to mine (9.4 x 6.5)?

Link to the video of this setting is below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HjbVrJJfUc

I do really love the edges and thinness of the claws.

In regards to the setting, I am from Australia so I think will have someone set the diamond locally so I have more input and control over the entire process. Although I know BE will do a great job though so I'm really torn between what to do.

eceastwest.png

adam31

Rough_Rock
Just watched the video of the East-West ring again and just noticed it actually says the centre stone is 2.02 carats. I think it's safe to say that the prongs would then fit the 2.31 carat quite nicely.

So....

- Rose gold shank
- Platinum basket
- Leon Mege inspired double prongs
- Cathedral setting

Will also look into prices for having it hand-forged.

Should I have it set locally? I think I should so I can have more input in the process and I'm also worried about the colour differences in rose gold which I may not have much control over if I'm on the other side of the world! Thoughts?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am unfamiliar with Australian benches so you may not be able to get prongs that fine. There are fabulous handforged and horrible handforged rings; it is the level of workmanship that counts.

emeraldforolivia

Rough_Rock
I disagree strongly with Julie. My pick would be this one:
_25057.jpg It's GORGEOUS. A serious knock out.

Hi Gypsy, nice to meet you. I heard you name when I was going over all emerald cut threads one by one as I was shopping for my own EC. I have an ASET that looks a lot like the one you commented on. Would you care to see it for me? It is #3 from in the images in my thread. But some said that the center part is dead... Though the center park really looks like the one that I'm replying to. I would really appreciate your time and effort. 3671789.jpg This is the ASET image of my stone.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Gypsy, nice to meet you. I heard you name when I was going over all emerald cut threads one by one as I was shopping for my own EC. I have an ASET that looks a lot like the one you commented on. Would you care to see it for me? It is #3 from in the images in my thread. But some said that the center part is dead... Though the center park really looks like the one that I'm replying to. I would really appreciate your time and effort. 3671789.jpg This is the ASET image of my stone.
gypsy is now a rade member. Why don't you start your own thread an other ps members that are EC prosumers can comment.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results