clarity

Emerald Cuts & Asschers - A Collection

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread.
Dreaming of an asscher.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
MMtwo, get yourself one. We'd all love be be along on that journey!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

I need to save pennies for a bit, but one of these days - it will happen. Meanwhile, I can drool all over this thread, including your cool asscher.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
There are some amazing ones on this forum. The cut speaks to certain of us.
I wish we could corral everyone's images in one place. It would be like . . . therapy.

twentytwo

Rough_Rock
I can't remember who had it, but a PS poster had a GORGEOUS asscher band. The stones were held by triangle prongs, set in yellow gold. A sleek and sculptural piece, it still lives on in my head.

twentytwo

Rough_Rock
I'd love to see that!

I found it!

This stunner belongs to @acaw2015

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found it!

This stunner belongs to @acaw2015

Oh thank you! @twentytwo @Ibrakeforpossums You made my day. Here are some spontaneous pictures just because... The ring is ten years old and I still wear it and enjoy it every day.

Eta, I should have cleaned it first... Oh well.

20230528_171811.jpg

Attachments

• 20230528_180831.jpg
    20230528_180831.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 49

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
acaw2015, that ring is like DAMN. It'd be a crime to not wear it.

twentytwo

Rough_Rock
Oh thank you! @twentytwo @Ibrakeforpossums You made my day. Here are some spontaneous pictures just because... The ring is ten years old and I still wear it and enjoy it every day.

Eta, I should have cleaned it first... Oh well.

20230528_171811.jpg

Haha thank you!
I had to change the pictures, it was too dirty. Asschers can really need a bath badly.
Last one..

Thank you for sharing more pics!! I'm swooning hahah. The look stacked with the gold band is so elegant. Was this a custom project?

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing more pics!! I'm swooning hahah. The look stacked with the gold band is so elegant. Was this a custom project?

Thank you!

Yes this was a custom project, made before I knew how wrong custom projects can go! I simply went to my local jeweler and said I wanted a band with asschers and that I wanted a look where the band had the exact same measurements as my gold band and the diamonds being as wide as the band. That was it! When I received the band they told me that the bench had never worked with asschers before (!) and that the project had taken far longer than they had expected and calculated for, but since we had agreed on a fixed price they never said anything about that. They made the ring using the exact same type of gold band welded to the parts were the diamonds go, so the two bands are actually exactly the same next to each other. I especially love that detail, you cannot see which band is which from the inside of the hand.
I have since had more jewelry made by them, but I wouldn't recommend taking a chance like I did then because I have seen how bad custom projects can go!

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Ugh, so I did a thing. I pulled the trigger on a little .75 k Si1 Asscher with strong flouro. It is not a "PS quality" stone but will be fine for a specimen stone for me to love. I considered a larger lab, but I am back in a natural phase now. Will be slightly under 5x5. I am charmed by the under one ct. In a simple solitaire.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Haha thank you!
I had to change the pictures, it was too dirty. Asschers can really need a bath badly.
Last one..

This is so absolutely charming!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
MMtwo, I love it! Can't wait to hear how you feel when you get it. You're going to have so much fun with this.
I'm already thinking about settings.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
MMtwo, I love it! Can't wait to hear how you feel when you get it. You're going to have so much fun with this.
I'm already thinking about settings.

You're so sweet. I was wondering if folks would see it's positives past the flaws. It is a perfect square and seems to be lively. I did put it in an elcheapo 14k solitaire to start, but will probably upgrade the setting.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
First try was a bust - the stone was unavailable.
Round 2 - incoming .83 Asscher with in a cute vintage rose gold setting from James Allen.

flouro.jpg

Last edited:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Oh crap, I LOVE this! I love the Asscher, I love the setting, it's both refined and outrageous. Damn! Lovely work. Under a carat rocks the house again!
The story on that band?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh crap, I LOVE this! I love the Asscher, I love the setting, it's both refined and outrageous. Damn! Lovely work. Under a carat rocks the house again!
The story on that band?

Hehehe, thanks. I am enjoying it. I am not usually a fru-fru setting person but liked the extra coverage and price of the setting. The stone is small .83 for PS standards, but I am happy with it, I am saving for kittens now so every dollar helps. I should have waited, but you know I was jonesing for an Asscher.
I'll be good starting next week.

I found the princess cut band at Blue Nile on clearance:

ruffrock

Rough_Rock

Beautiful EC Neptune. I am also looking to purchase an Emerald Cut. I've combed through many threads where you posted gorgeous pictures of your ring and countless requests from p'sers if you could share the stats. Can you kindly point me in the direction of the post where you shared the stats of this beauty, please as I can't seem to locate it. Thank you

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding mine that was originally Whitewave’s and then Nikki’s. 1.20 M (faint brown) VVS1

9342CB5D-9AE6-4356-9927-19C43715D305.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MMtwo, all the work was done for me so I take no credit!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada maybe they picked it to start, but you have a great eye too.

Aw thanks, you are too kind. Honestly I didn’t realize how difficult finding a great cut in an EC is. I see all kinds of threads people start begging for help in finding a good one and I’m like o_O

I don’t know how I missed this thread before but discovered it this morning and absolutely loved seeing all the gorgeous step cuts.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thanks, you are too kind. Honestly I didn’t realize how difficult finding a great cut in an EC is. I see all kinds of threads people start begging for help in finding a good one and I’m like o_O

I don’t know how I missed this thread before but discovered it this morning and absolutely loved seeing all the gorgeous step cuts.

I am one of them! I agree! Beautiful Emerald cuts and yours is included!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cushioncutnut, if you are currently on the hunt, I hope you find your grail EC!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results