shape
carat
color
clarity

Embarrassing Questions ... bikini wax?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 10:26:17 AM
Author: appletini
I've never had to get on hands and knees for a brazilian, she just has me pull my legs up for the undercarriage...I kind of get a nice leg stretch at the same time.

Oh and about male grooming...DH manscapes. The first time I saw him without a shirt, I like OMG he is really hairy, so not too long after that we went to target and got him some clippers...he loves them.
I had a brazilian done a few years ago and she made me pull one knee up to my chest and lay the other leg "spread eagle", then switch to do the other side on the undercarriage. Being on all fours, would make me feel a bit... exposed
4.gif
but I know they do so if you need between your cheeks done!
2.gif
I haven't had another one done since because... I haven't been on vacation! My fuzz grows too quickly to pay for waxes all the time, so I just use a shaver instead. I would really like to laser though, if I could, I'd be the Incredible Hairless Wonder! Just think, I could stop crime through distraction...
31.gif
25.gif

FH manscapes too, because I make him- If I'm maintained, he should be too!!
11.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
You know, I used to get brazillians fairly frequently, until I started dating SO. He likes it au natural. I got one right toward the beginning and he was like "why would you do that?" so I haven''t since. I trim/shave around the edges occasionally, but only if I''m going to be out in public in a swimsuit.

Granted, he''s pretty hairy, so maybe he doesn''t want to be the pot calling the kettle black. I don''t think I''d want him man-scaped, though. I like my big hairy caveman.
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Man-scaping is necessary, you gotta keep it in check. I was alluding to the bald wrinkled look down below. It''s unsightly! Some things NEED hair. (a back isn''t one of them)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 3:48:28 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Man-scaping is necessary, you gotta keep it in check. I was alluding to the bald wrinkled look down below. It's unsightly! Some things NEED hair. (a back isn't one of them)

LOL! Fair dos on the back--luckily Kris' hairiness is mostly on his chest/arms/legs/face (and he keeps that clean shaven, although I kind of like the scruffy "haven't shaved for two days" look).

Related question to the rest of this thread--how often do most of you shave your legs/underarms? Maybe it's because I have fair hair, but I tend to go with once every couple of weeks for my legs unless there's a special event. I can't be asked more often than that. Armpits are more like once or twice a week, but still, if I did it every day, I'd be getting some major razor burn.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Lp~ I shave every day, even during the winter. Do I have to? YES! I hate the way it feels for hairy legs to rub the sheet!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I had a brazilian done a few years ago and she made me pull one knee up to my chest and lay the other leg ''spread eagle'', then switch to do the other side on the undercarriage. Being on all fours, would make me feel a bit... exposed
4.gif
*hyperventilating*
14.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 5:36:40 PM
Author: divergrrl

I had a brazilian done a few years ago and she made me pull one knee up to my chest and lay the other leg ''spread eagle'', then switch to do the other side on the undercarriage. Being on all fours, would make me feel a bit... exposed
4.gif
*hyperventilating*
14.gif
emcocktl.gif
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2008 5:28:14 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Lp~ I shave every day, even during the winter. Do I have to? YES! I hate the way it feels for hairy legs to rub the sheet!!
Ditto, I shave every day, and I also hate stubbley legs rubbing against sheets at night...I remember my dance teacher in 6th grade telling our class that and ever since (that was the year I started shaving) I have felt that way. I cannot go shoe shopping or for a pedi in the evening hours, I am so freaked out that someone will touch my legs and feel stubble! And armpits...fortunately I don''t get razor burn so I shave them every single day...I swear I sweat more if I have stubble under my arms. One of these years I am going to get them lasered so I can stop worrying about them. Legs, probably not, way too expensive. But bikini area, I''m thinking I might laser that too someday.

LOL on the manscaping thing. DH totally manscapes. He isn''t super hairy, but he likes to be well groomed and I very much appreciate that. I will say that I cannot and have never been able to stand when men shave their chest hair, omg it just freaks me out. Sorry if anyone''s SO does it, I don''t mean to offend. Just a personal quirk,I guess!

This is one of the funniest threads I have ever read here. I was seriously laughing hysterically last night when I read the terms "sascrotch" and "cockpit."

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 3:18:14 AM
Author: monarch64

This is one of the funniest threads I have ever read here. I was seriously laughing hysterically last night when I read the terms ''sascrotch'' and ''cockpit.''
No kidding... absolutely hilarious, and yet informative too!

And can I say I really really really NEED laser hair removal? My skin is way too sensitive for daily shaving. If I try, it HURTS. So basically I have no choice but to be a little hairy half of the time. Fortunately, I have fair skin and dark hair under my arms and.. down there. So once I find someone reputable nearby, I will definitely get those two areas lasered! Philly recs, anyone?
1.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
This thread has seriously "cracked" me up!!! hee hee

I wanna know where I can land me on of those cushy laser removal jobs - I''m an RN and am getting burnt out from all the floor-running and code browns (poop clean-ups). Icekid - if I ever do - I''m in Philly too and will hook you up! LOL Btw, where are you doing your residency?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 10:01:07 AM
Author: Lynnie

I wanna know where I can land me on of those cushy laser removal jobs - I''m an RN and am getting burnt out from all the floor-running and code browns (poop clean-ups). Icekid - if I ever do - I''m in Philly too and will hook you up! LOL Btw, where are you doing your residency?
Girl..... I don''t know how you do it!! Working on the floor is tough. Let me know when you get the cush laser job; I''ll be waiting hehe. We''re actually leaving Philly for residency, reluctantly on my part. I''m in Delaware my first year, so still nearby. Baltimore after that, at a certain famous institution
1.gif

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 4:04:25 PM
Author: ladypirate
Related question to the rest of this thread--how often do most of you shave your legs/underarms? Maybe it''s because I have fair hair, but I tend to go with once every couple of weeks for my legs unless there''s a special event. I can''t be asked more often than that. Armpits are more like once or twice a week, but still, if I did it every day, I''d be getting some major razor burn.

Definitely not an everyday shaver here, I''d be in serious razor burn agony! Legs are probably twice a month in the winter, at least once a week in the summer, maybe more, plus extra for special occasions. I also tend to do "cheating" shaves, where I just go up to (but not including) the knee--its just fine for capris and to the knee skirts. Bikini line--once every week or two, more if I''ll actually be in a bikini. Underarms--probably twice a week, maybe more, whenever I notice they need it. I really can''t imagine shaving everyday! I don''t have the time and patience for that!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 6:10:57 PM
Author: laine
Date: 5/16/2008 4:04:25 PM

Author: ladypirate

Related question to the rest of this thread--how often do most of you shave your legs/underarms? Maybe it''s because I have fair hair, but I tend to go with once every couple of weeks for my legs unless there''s a special event. I can''t be asked more often than that. Armpits are more like once or twice a week, but still, if I did it every day, I''d be getting some major razor burn.

Definitely not an everyday shaver here, I''d be in serious razor burn agony! Legs are probably twice a month in the winter, at least once a week in the summer, maybe more, plus extra for special occasions. I also tend to do ''cheating'' shaves, where I just go up to (but not including) the knee--its just fine for capris and to the knee skirts. Bikini line--once every week or two, more if I''ll actually be in a bikini. Underarms--probably twice a week, maybe more, whenever I notice they need it. I really can''t imagine shaving everyday! I don''t have the time and patience for that!

I''m so glad I''m not the only one! I was starting to think I was seriously weird for not shaving every day.

Part of it for me is that I don''t have a lot of body hair and what I do have is rather soft and light colored, so I don''t get bad stubble after shaving, and when I haven''t shaved it''s not that noticeable. I don''t want people to think I walk around looking like a bearded lady all the time or anything.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
yeah, right LP!!

9.gif

beardedladyss.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday I went and had my first full brazilian... OUCH! OK ladies I have had my eyebrows waxed forever, and this was WAY worse than that. But... I love the results. So I am probably stupid enough to do this again. Everyone tells me that the first time is the most painful, and I certainly hope so! The girl was really great, and I went to a salon that uses the Aveda hard waxes. I called ahead to make sure they used hard wax for the bikini area, and she used the hard wax except for some small strips at the end for a few stubborn small hairs.

No paper panties here -- I laid on a table under a towel, she pushed the towel up to my waist and then I kept my legs in a frog position. Then legs up in the air for the underside... at least I didn''t have to contort myself into a lot of positions. She also used soothing oils, and she used cooling cloths and solution after each riiiiip she did
1.gif
While the pain is outrageous, it only lasts for 1-3 seconds. It is incredibly intense but very brief, I felt totally fine while I was getting dressed. I heard horror stories of bleeding, bruising, all around ugliness and I was a bit concerned because I have very fair, VERY sensitive skin. But I''m doing great!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2008 8:46:15 PM
Author: *Lindsey*
Yesterday I went and had my first full brazilian... OUCH! OK ladies I have had my eyebrows waxed forever, and this was WAY worse than that. But... I love the results. So I am probably stupid enough to do this again. Everyone tells me that the first time is the most painful, and I certainly hope so! The girl was really great, and I went to a salon that uses the Aveda hard waxes. I called ahead to make sure they used hard wax for the bikini area, and she used the hard wax except for some small strips at the end for a few stubborn small hairs.

No paper panties here -- I laid on a table under a towel, she pushed the towel up to my waist and then I kept my legs in a frog position. Then legs up in the air for the underside... at least I didn''t have to contort myself into a lot of positions. She also used soothing oils, and she used cooling cloths and solution after each riiiiip she did
1.gif
While the pain is outrageous, it only lasts for 1-3 seconds. It is incredibly intense but very brief, I felt totally fine while I was getting dressed. I heard horror stories of bleeding, bruising, all around ugliness and I was a bit concerned because I have very fair, VERY sensitive skin. But I''m doing great!

Good for you Lindsey!!! I am still working up the nerve to get it done....I am normally not afraid of pain so much, but for some reason, this is freaking me out a little bit!!!! Oh well!!!
2.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 8:41:33 AM
Author: Dani

Date: 6/15/2008 8:46:15 PM
Author: *Lindsey*

1.gif

Good for you Lindsey!!! I am still working up the nerve to get it done....I am normally not afraid of pain so much, but for some reason, this is freaking me out a little bit!!!! Oh well!!!
2.gif
I still haven''t worked up the nerve either! My preggo belly gets bigger by the day and I have an exam at my next doc appt. Ugh. The clock is ticking. I''m guessing it looks like Chewbacca down there
6.gif

Jess

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I''ve ever laughed so hard! I LOVE this thread!!!! I''m a big fan of the brazilian. It definitely hurt the first time and if you go too long in between, it will hurt more. I find that if I go every 5-6 weeks, it''s not so bad. And I''ve also continued getting them done throughout my pregnancies!
6.gif
I can''t see what''s going on down there anyway but it makes me feel better to keep up the maintenance, especially right before giving birth! Sascrotch. You ladies KILL me!!!!
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I did my first waxing about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I did it myself, just couldn''t bring myself to open up quite that much to a stranger...

And, let me just say for the record: "Holy Sh1t, that hurts!!" However, I did a little "clean-up" a couple days ago, and that didn''t hurt near as badly as the original rip-everything-your-mama-gave-you off. (and, it wasn''t really EVERYTHING..) I was going to do my underarms, too, but I just couldn''t go more than a couple days without shaving to prepare.

I''m quite surprised at the difference in "texture" of the waxed skin compared to shaved skin. It''s really smooth and not one bump!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results